Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much difference does exhaust+intake make compared to FMIC

Based

I have a Borla exhaust and a Depo Racing intercooler about to be on my car Saturday. Once I get tuned, how close will I be to stage 3 power levels? Should I be stressing about getting an intake to get any more power? I am looking at getting a CPE intake.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The best mod will most likely be an intercooler vs. Exhaust and an intake. Cooler intake temps can generate more power and keep heat soak at bay alittle while longer than a stock CAC. The 2Jr intake is where you would see the most gains. The cheapest mod by far and worth every penny though is a Access port....hands down. But I think you might already have that from what you have said.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
You will never be content til you get a bigger turbo, I did exactly what you did, bought his and thought that. Ended up always wanting more, the x37 has filled that void.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Another good question is your goal? Power is one thing but the experience is the other. Do you like Intake noise or exhaust noise? That can be a reason in itself that adds to the driving experience or hinders it depending on what you like. At this point it will be very hard to tell the difference in power from adding an Intake or exhaust if you are already protuned, you may at first but will quickly get use to it. On the other hand the added sound from those parts will always provide that noticeable benefit.

The intercooler is a tough one as I received my car in Oct, tuned it at 300 miles and did some logs an noticed about a 30 degree rise on every pull. Compared to my FoST and 100 degree rise I'm not as anxious to swap it out. Power and consistency wise it is always a good idea and when it starts getting hot out I will have to see how the stocker does in 90 ambient temps. Being in the south this would be the direction I would go if power was my priority, but again even if we talk 10% it's not much on our little engines and something like the experience may be more important to the driver.

If power really is the goal then you need to look beyond bolt-ons as power adders and think of them as supporting mods for power adders. There are countless records held with stock exhausts and intakes on EB engines. Like stated above if your not satisfied with a tune then going Hybrid is the next step and for that the things mentioned come into to play and an intercooler is a must at that point above all.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #5
I know. I'm getting x47 this year. I just want to know if I should tell people my car is stage 3 if all I have is intercooler+exhaust+tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I tell them it's stock lol, element of surprise.

You will never be content til you get a bigger turbo, I did exactly what you did, bought his and thought that. Ended up always wanting more, the x37 has filled that void.

I am currently at the point that you speak of. I am happy with the power that I am getting, but I suspect E30 is what is holding me over for the moment. I've already started looking at turbo swaps though! LMAO

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I am currently at the point that you speak of. I am happy with the power that I am getting, but I suspect E30 is what is holding me over for the moment. I've already started looking at turbo swaps though! LMAO
I have not done e30 ever, we're trying to tie up the gas tune, but it's either raining or snowing.

The biggest thrill for me is, how this turbo ( only have the x37) just keeps pulling all the way to 7k. It makes the car so much more enjoyable, I highly recommend a hybrid over a real BT. The spool changes but not a whole lot.

Car feels very quick I can't even imagine it on e30, year+ of ownership and I am very happy still.

I have not done e30 ever, we're trying to tie up the gas tune, but it's either raining or snowing.

The biggest thrill for me is, how this turbo ( only have the x37) just keeps pulling all the way to 7k. It makes the car so much more enjoyable, I highly recommend a hybrid over a real BT. The spool changes but not a whole lot.

Car feels very quick I can't even imagine it on e30, year+ of ownership and I am very happy still.

We have really crappy gas in California, E85 is a godsend! I ran the Stage 1 OTS from Cobb and compared it to my E30 tune, night and day difference. The car seems so much happier on the E30 tunes.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
We have really crappy gas in California, E85 is a godsend! I ran the Stage 1 OTS from Cobb and compared it to my E30 tune, night and day difference. The car seems so much happier on the E30 tunes.
Well, if it makes you feel any better. Our gas here is worse than Cali91[emoji15].