Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'16 FiST from NY/NJ

Mlz_st

Michelle here! Currently Working at a spa in Manhattan.

After finally admitting to myself that an STi is completely not in my current budget, I asked around and got a lot of great feedback on the ST. Test drove a used focus but got a much better deal on my Fiesta.

Really excited to finally have a car to blow my money on! For now I'll focus on more esthetic things but a tune and exhaust will be next.

Welcome Mlz! The FiST is still one of the best cars I've ever owned so you'll love it. My wife and I are considering starting a family so I sadly may be selling my 16 sometime this year if everything goes well with our plans. If you ever consider modding, let me know as I'll probably be parting mine out and I'm not far away from you.

Hey neighbor! We FiST gotta stick together! Plus seeing another woman drive stick would help my girlfriend get over her apprehensions. :)
[MENTION=4096]Deli[/MENTION] I got this car because it has 4 doors and CAN accommodate a baby seat (although it's very tight). Hey Europeans do it with even smaller cars than ours.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[MENTION=4096]Deli[/MENTION] I got this car because it has 4 doors and CAN accommodate a baby seat (although it's very tight). Hey Europeans do it with even smaller cars than ours.
Yeah, I just do not get the "gotta have 2 HUGE minivans/suvs" mentality when there is even ONE kid involved! [???:)]

Must be something in the air, how can TWO nyc based FiST owner show up in one day? I've been on the forum for a year and no one ever existed in NYC, except me of course.

Welcome to the forums!

edit: caught my own lie, 10 months, not a year, I joined right when I picked up my car... :(

Hey neighbor! We FiST gotta stick together! Plus seeing another woman drive stick would help my girlfriend get over her apprehensions. :)
Listen, I get it. This is also one of the reasons I got the FiST as well (I owned a Miata before) with the idea that I could have the "fun" car that could also serve family duty while my wife would have the hauler for more practical day to day stuff. We just bought a place with one parking spot and barely any street parking right outside of NYC. We need to move down to one car to cover the both of us and my wife doesn't drive manual. We don't want to be in a situation where she's stuck with a kid if I'm traveling for work. Also, the FiST ride is a bit harsh with these terrible roads around here that I'd honestly be a bit nervous with a kid bouncing around in back. It's going to be a really sad day when I have to sell the car since I love it, but life goes on. I have a deal with my wife that when we eventually buy a bigger home, I can have my "fun" car again.
[MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] I'm with you on this one. All of my friends are buying huge SUV's when they have their first kid. Right now I'm looking at sedans/hatchbacks. I just need an automatic that my wife can drive, and something that won't completely kill my soul and is still fun. No minivans in my future if I can help it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, IF you are staying in Hoboken, I understand the one car, and one spot thing as THAT town in particular has the absolute WORST parking situation on this WHOLE planet!!!! [ohcrap]

Downtown Manhattan at midday during the week looks like a 10,000 acre empty lot by comparison, as far as parking spots go! [crazyeye]

Listen, I get it. This is also one of the reasons I got the FiST as well (I owned a Miata before) with the idea that I could have the "fun" car that could also serve family duty while my wife would have the hauler for more practical day to day stuff. We just bought a place with one parking spot and barely any street parking right outside of NYC. We need to move down to one car to cover the both of us and my wife doesn't drive manual. We don't want to be in a situation where she's stuck with a kid if I'm traveling for work. Also, the FiST ride is a bit harsh with these terrible roads around here that I'd honestly be a bit nervous with a kid bouncing around in back. It's going to be a really sad day when I have to sell the car since I love it, but life goes on. I have a deal with my wife that when we eventually buy a bigger home, I can have my "fun" car again.
I'm praying my girlfriend learns how to drive it in the coming months. She gets a little nervous when she's got someone behind her. They start honking and the next thing you know she stalls the car. :/ Back to the IKEA in Red Hook for more practice. Maybe a VW GTI with the DSG? I hear the suspension is a little more forgiving and still has plenty of power and torque stock (lots more with minor upgrades & tune). Enjoy it while you can and good luck with your next car.