Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member - Questions Regarding Recaro Seats

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello All,

New member here, been searching for a used Fiesta ST for the last 2 months or so and came across a really nice example 2016 model year with very low miles (~2K miles). The only caveat is this Fiesta appears to be a base model ST without the factory Recaro front/rear seats but it does have "Ford Racing" Recaro seats in the front. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen these seats installed in a Fiesta? After searching this forum and others, I have yet to be able to find an example of these seats in a Fiesta.

They appear to be these seats:
https://www.steeda.com/focus/ford-racing-focus-recaro-seats-13-15-all-161-m-63660005-fs/

But from my research, the airbags are NOT plug and play for the Fiesta, so concerned the dealer did something sketchy like disable the airbag light..

I looked at the build sheet by searching for the VIN with Ford's lookup tool and it looks like this car left the factory with the stock cloth seat package (no Recaros). So I am thinking that the dealership installed these seats. My concern is that they botched up the installation in some way and that the seat-mounted airbags won't function as expected. The airbag light is not on, but my thought is that with the master tuner that dealerships have, they can disable the light if they want to.

Does anyone know where I can find more details on these seats, or better yet, have heard of them being installed in a Fiesta?

Appreciate any thoughts anyone may have..

Regards,
J

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Welcome, yes its been done before but it wasn't a direct swap. You basically have to switch out the base.

See the thread here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...g-Focus-ST3-full-leather-Recaros-in-Fiesta-ST
Thank you!

Yes, I saw that thread and find it hard to believe that the dealer that sold the car went through all of that work and rewired the airbags to work properly on a brand new car.. Based on what I know about the previous owner (older female who didn't want the car due to power delivery) I highly doubt she did the swap in the one month she owned the car.

This is starting to seem very odd. I am wondering if the Ford Racing seats are a plug-and-play install compared to the work required to put in the ST3 seats.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Thanks all! Looks like I will be picking up the car tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
Some standard photos from the delivery last night:

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
God this car is awesome. It corners like it is on rails, even with all season tires.

First "mod":

Welcome, brother! This car will put a smile on your face a mile wide every time you get into boost and the front tires let loose a little in second! It fits anywhere and handles like a racing go kart lol.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
Thanks Guys! Some more photos after detailing..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!! [thumb]

There are more than a few forum members in your area, along the RT. 100 corridor, and surrounding areas. ;)