Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wow, you went even more side wall than I did with my General Arctic 12s in 195/60-15!
Do they rub at all (high steering angles, bumps/compressions, corner bumps, etc.)??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
WELP....The Nokian Hakkapeliitta put all the other tires for Winter i've owned to shame. Finally got some Deep snow in Mn. Saw two cars a Scooby-Doo and Terrain go right in the wall on the way to work right in from of me. Both AWD...The little Blue Turd just cruised on past. Stopping power is alot better in the snow than expected but ill contribute that to the Tread depth of 11/32 New. Acceleration ...there is minimal slip but keeps on trucking even being lowered on un-plowed roads in 6+ inches of The lords dandruff. The only grip i have is they are Noisier on pavement that the others.[thankyou]

Schwoby

Wow, you went even more side wall than I did with my General Arctic 12s in 195/60-15!
Do they rub at all (high steering angles, bumps/compressions, corner bumps,

The 185-65 is only 3mm taller than 195-60 so the difference is negligible. Occasionally rub on hard compression. There is an intersection by my work that has really bad crowns you have to cross over and sometimes make me rub

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't think you should go bang for the buck for winter tires this is one area where you get what you pay for and there's nothing better than Hakkapeliittas. Seriously.. they are wild
Yes, one can practically climb ice walls with those donuts, as long as the snow is not so deep that you are high centering!!

They ARE that amazing!
(I had them on my Mk2 GTI 16V, and they got me through working the Maine Forest WINTER Rally, way back when that existed, on unplowed forestry roads, sometimes even starting on an uphill with an open diff!)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sounds like you're cursing someone when you use the name of that tire. What if someone told you, you smell like a Hakkapeliitta... or referred to you as a Hakkapeliitta... scrunch up your face and call the person sitting next to you a Hakkapeliitta and see what their initial reaction is... (note: be prepared to duck)

Sounds like you're cursing someone when you use the name of that tire. What if someone told you, you smell like a Hakkapeliitta... or referred to you as a Hakkapeliitta... scrunch up your face and call the person sitting next to you a Hakkapeliitta and see what their initial reaction is... (note: be prepared to duck)
It's so fun to say