Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The 205/40/17 Blizzaks on the stock rims do well through 3-4 inches of snow & slop up here in WI. Too bad it takes forever for the heater to actually blow hot air...but I'll make the frigid sacrifice and grin & bear it.
Yup and the auto function isn't the best for keeping fog free windows..

YIN

Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

I use steel wheels with 195/50/16 Pirelli Winter 210 Snowcontrol Serie 3

And I just received my winter setup. Blizzak WS70 185/60/15 on some steelies from tire rack. Don't even have my car and I have the Wheels hahaha.
So did I. My friends have some great jokes on that - like they would understand. A lot of members in this community did get their winter rubber in advance.

Ford has a winter package deal in Canada - offered me a set of 15" on steel wheels, sensors, installation et al for $900 CAD + tax. When I asked for alloys instead of steel wheels, it was $1500 more. I was too shocked to even reply!

GTIKILLER

I did not want to give up the looks of the car by installing a generic steel rim and winter tire package. For the difference in cost I would recommend putting a winter tire that fits the stock rim and then using the stock summer tires and putting them on a custom wheel. In my case I put Pirelli Sottozero's 205/40R17 winter tires on the stock wheel. This summer I am looking at either the new OZ Superleggera Black or Montegi MR119 Black Rally Cross wheel to put the summer tires on. My Fiesta is Tux Black so when it is tinted black with black wheels in the summer its GONNA LOOK SICK!!!!!!

STooge

I went with the steelies so I could put a skinnier tire on. May not make much difference but the skinnier the better for the slush and snow.

C. love

got these today 195/65-15 on some old contour wheels. tires are a bit too tall and the rear of all things rub on bigger bumps. but the wheels and tires were 100 bucks from an aquaintance. so it was worth it

C. love

i will eventually get some winterforce 185/60's for it (they are like 65 per tire) and paint or dip these wheels to improve looks but at 100 bucks it was hard to pass up. for now I just cant go crazy on corners as the tires rub the liner a bit in the rear

I've seen a few references to the new Blizzak WS80 coming in the stock 205/40R17 size. Hopefully that's true.

I run 16" Fiesta Titanium alloys as winter rims with Pirelli Sottozero winter tyres (or tires, as you wish ;) )
I still have to be careful with my right foot pressing down - only gently - as the tyres/tires can spin up very quickly and lose traction.

So with tire sales going on, and stocking up for winter sets. What is everyone happy with. I'm still trying to decide on 185/60/15 vs 195/55/16. As these sizes offer the best selection of tires.

I have Xi3's on my fiances civic and it just hauls through anything winter has thrown at us. Blizzak WS80's are now out for both these sizes too.

I'll be getting the cheapest rims I can find depending on tire selection, I can't stand steelies, and they just rust.