Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really wanted the new Hakka 9's but they aren't available in 195/50r16. Probably in 2-3 years time they will offer this size in the 9's
I actually had a set of old Hakka 1s on the factory 'teardrops', and a set of NRWs mounted on black Revolution wheels on my old red '89 GTI 16V in the early '90s. ;)

What would be the 4th set, road course/autocross ONLY?? [dunno]
Hmmm, I've two sets of summers: oem on oem(about 50 km on them), my almost dead Vredestein Ultrac sesanta 215-40-17 on TD PR3s(Y rated), the winter set...

Now I'm thinking some Conti DWS, or Mich AS-3 for some spring/fall or long road trips into the northern reaches... Maybe on some BRAID winraces....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hmmm, I've two sets of summers: oem on oem(about 50 km on them), my almost dead Vredestein Ultrac sesanta 215-40-17 on TD PR3s(Y rated), the winter set...

Now I'm thinking some Conti DWS, or Mich AS-3 for some spring/fall or long road trips into the northern reaches... Maybe on some BRAID winraces....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are the PR3s 17x7s?

Those Winrace wheels are SWEET, and look to be totally BOMBPROOF (albeit about the weight of the TD lineup in the equivalent sizes), but SOOOOO CO$TLY!! [:(] (Get what you pay for?)

Would you go for the 17" Ts, or the 16" As, and 'rally white' or another color??

Are the PR3s 17x7s?

Those Winrace wheels are SWEET, and look to be totally BOMBPROOF (albeit about the weight of the TD lineup in the equivalent sizes), but SOOOOO CO$TLY!! [:(] (Get what you pay for?)

Would you go for the 17" Ts, or the 16" As, and 'rally white' or another color??
The PR3s are 17x7, and my favourite rims ever!

The Braids would likely be 16x8 et 38, or 40 offset as I’ll never do any bbk because I doubt I’ll ever track the car. I am not sure about the finish colour... white would be ok on the grey... I’m on a weird bronze kick right now and may respray the PR3s in bronze...

The Hakka R2s seem like they’re stiffening up the more I drive on them, but I’m also avoiding any aggressive cornering because they were a bit spendy and I’d like them to last till snow actually falls. I wasn’t too aggressive with the Generals either, but they did occasionally remind me that they would bust a bead if I pushed them too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using messenger penguins

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The PR3s are 17x7, and my favourite rims ever!

The Braids would likely be 16x8 et 38, or 40 offset as I’ll never do any bbk because I doubt I’ll ever track the car. I am not sure about the finish colour... white would be ok on the grey... I’m on a weird bronze kick right now and may respray the PR3s in bronze...
Braid does offer that gold-like color.

Their Winrace As are some of the only wheels offered for our setups in 16x8 currently (and I think the BEST looking), albeit way too heavy (and co$tly) for most on here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^They almost resemble the OZ Racing gravel rally wheels that MS-RT uses on occasion. [like]

(I've never seen these painted black, they look great like that. ;) )

7" wide, correct?

It’s weird, it reads 16x7, but I measured it at closer to 7.5. Turned out well, I honestly couldn’t picture how it would look on it until it was on. I’m really interested in knowing if they could still fit after lowering it 1.2 inches, but it has to wait until winter is over for that. I have my doubts

LILIKE16ST

It’s weird, it reads 16x7, but I measured it at closer to 7.5. Turned out well, I honestly couldn’t picture how it would look on it until it was on. I’m really interested in knowing if they could still fit after lowering it 1.2 inches, but it has to wait until winter is over for that. I have my doubts
People lower on 15x8 pro race with 35 offset. These have slightly more offset but also have less width. They have potential to fit without rub it depends on the tire used if it's alot taller than stock like a 205/50 or something it will probably rub if you did a 205/45 or 195/50 or something which is closer to stock height you would probably be ok.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just had a set of 205/45R17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8's installed yesterday. So this should be a fun winter

You can get the 8s in the Northland?!

Will they sell them without the metal installed, or do they have to come from Finland/Russkieland/wherever that way?

That looks sweet clutch.
Thanks.

You can get the 8s in the Northland?!

Will they sell them without the metal installed, or do they have to come from Finland/Russkieland/wherever that way?
Eh? Hakka 8's come studded and are not added later. I believe the R2's are for those who want 8's without studs. These Hakka8's are technically old tires as I didn't even realize the 9's were out till I was in the store getting these 8's mounted. I was rather irritated I bought the "older" style rather than newer. Oh well I got these at a discount, so I'll just use them. My fault for not paying enough attention to the market.

I was debating getting the R2's instead but in 215/40R17. The 8's don't come in 215/40R17, only 205/45R17. While the R2's aren't available in 205/45R17 only 215/45R17.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks.

Eh? Hakka 8's come studded and are not added later. I believe the R2's are for those who want 8's without studs. These Hakka8's are technically old tires as I didn't even realize the 9's were out till I was in the store getting these 8's mounted. I was rather irritated I bought the "older" style rather than newer. Oh well I got these at a discount, so I'll just use them. My fault for not paying enough attention to the market.

I was debating getting the R2's instead but in 215/40R17. The 8's don't come in 215/40R17, only 205/45R17. While the R2's aren't available in 205/45R17 only 215/45R17.
OK, yeah I was getting the 8s mixed up with the recently released 9s, which we cannot get here south of the border (at least not yet).

I also forgot that they came with the studs MOLDED into the tread pattern, NOT to EVER be added later, nor EVER taken out without ripping the tread blocks to shreads. ;)

I only asked because the R2s seem to be a VERY soft, (maybe even 'spongy' like the Blizzaks??) quick wearing compound, which would quickly get chewed up/burned up on the mostly snow/ice free (but still COLD) winter roads around here, whereas the Hakka number series seemingly have a harder/longer wearing tread compound [dunno].

Kal Tire had some 9's in stock, and they look pretty sweet in person. I didn't look into available tire sizes however.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I shop by tread pattern. The "uglier" the tread pattern, the better the performance under conditions that ain't rain.

The treads on the Hakka 8s look a lot like the Continental WinterContact SIs that I bought. However the Conti is 215/45 R17. (no rub no scrub no hit, -5% on speedometer) Based upon forecast, I'll be sticking them back on this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-WinterContact-Winter-Radial-Tire/dp/B0161N35AG/

Wheel-Size.Com has the best wheel & tire calculator I've seen.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...45-17X7ET48&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=50mm&sr=0mm

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...re-Information?p=275217&viewfull=1#post275217