Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheels & tires and/or rear shock

OP
M
Thread Starter #21
Neeq: the new Indy 500 is definitely better than the wide ovals. Never heard anything good about those. I don't really want to go up to 205/45-17 to get the 500s tho. I know it's not a big difference but I would rather not do it

Also, related parts you could replace or swap over when doing struts are the tophats & bearings(front only), dust boot and bump stop.

Just to throw it out there, I have a set of the Indy 500 Wide Ovals that I just put on my 16's... got them for $278 shipped from Discount Tire and I have to say they have been great tires so far. They are quiet, are listed as a good tread wear life, and they stick great for my needs. Wet weather control has been good, they didn't perform well in the ice/light snow but that's to be expected. For the price when installed on my Maxxim Sixx's, it's an outstanding combo for the sub $400 price tag I paid for everything new.

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
I was confusing the new Indy 500s with the new Goodyear Asymmetric 3. The goodyears are the touring tire I was thinking of

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Just to throw it out there, I have a set of the Indy 500 Wide Ovals that I just put on my 16's... got them for $278 shipped from Discount Tire and I have to say they have been great tires so far. They are quiet, are listed as a good tread wear life, and they stick great for my needs. Wet weather control has been good, they didn't perform well in the ice/light snow but that's to be expected. For the price when installed on my Maxxim Sixx's, it's an outstanding combo for the sub $400 price tag I paid for everything new.
I have actually had both the wide ovals (205/40/17) and the Indy 500s (205/45/17).

Since I do not race and I rack up a lot of highway miles, I liked that the Wide Ovals were quiet and smoother than stock. But I did also notice it's limitations performance-wise, so I can see why some did not like it. As a daily driver though it was a great tire...and the price was nice.

However the Indy 500s are amazingly smoother and quieter than the Wide Ovals while being stickier than the BFGs! They aren't as cheap as the Wide Ovals but still quite reasonable considering what you are getting. Too bad they don't come in all the sizes that the Wide Ovals did...especially since they label it as a replacement. Firestone is losing out on this one. When they figure it out (IF they figure it out) it may just be too late...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk