Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another symposer thread

Picked up a silicone cap off of ebay shipped for like 25. Probably could have found one for less. Totally removed the symposer and the hose coming from charge piping and capped it on the pipe.

Anyone else take this approach?

To me, it looks better than the billet under the hood, because you dont notice anything out of place.

Can anyone think of there being a negative to this?

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Ill grab a few when the sun pops. Still dark here in Alabama.

Im not much for "flair" so typically when i do a mod, if its stealthy, even better.

Example: stock air box, drop in. Depo intercooler, and catless down pipe. Stock exhaust. I dont go out of my way to make anything stealthy like paint my intercooler, but i tend to stray from flashy bits. I like to blend in while enjoying my car!

Are most people leaving the hose open? I pulled the hose out, but the section by the firewall is still open. Anyone know what size plug is required there?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I was gonna give it a week or so just to make sure. But yes i plan to pull the hose out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the boomba one was 30$. it looked quality so i bought it. i also bought the short shifter kit so i figured i'd just buy that as well. makes me feel like i don't have to worry about it instead of some ebay rubber cap for the same price.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
The irony is you still had to use the rubber hose attached to the piping.

The one i got is silicone. Probably both will fail leaving us on the side of the road at any given time.

Dude!

This cap over the rubber freeze plug and you got yourself a solid leakproof combo.

Do you have an eBay link for the cap?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OP
J
Thread Starter #12
THANKS!!! [twothumb]

I've been looking for something like this for a while now, and plan to use it OVER the funky/obtrusive looking, $2.99 Dorman expanger plug option in the pipe now!
These companies like Boomba, Mountune, CFM and more make great parts, but i dont care for that style. Never have been. Just need sometjing plain to do its job.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
These companies like Boomba, Mountune, CFM and more make great parts, but i dont care for that style. Never have been. Just need sometjing plain to do its job.

Yes, I wish that the CFM/UPR oil filler cap, check valve breathers looked exactly like (or at least close to) the factory oil cap, and did not stand out so much.
I do not plan on spending any coin on under hood 'bling' which has no bearing on actual performance, as there is already way too much I need to spend on things that actually can/will make this car perform better than it does currently. [wink] (i.e.; diff, carbon hood, light battery, suspension, etc.)