Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Intake mod - RS style

Has anyone taken the plunge and done some diy to the oem intake lid to replicate what is seen in the focus rs? This would be purely for sound and I know others have done the swiss cheese airbox mod, but this is a more oem / cleaner / different option.

Thoughts?

Depending on how well it seals, I'd be interested. I like the way the RS airbox looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kaptain Sir
Thread Starter #3
Depending on how well it seals, I'd be interested. I like the way the RS airbox looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure is easy enough to cut a hole and slap on some weather stripping :)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Seems pointless when we have a tube running from the grille to the bottom of the factory airbox. I could be wrong, but upgrading the tube (i.e. Velossa Tech Big Mouth) or a sealed box (Mishimoto, CP-E) seemed to be the most effective upgrade for these intake systems.

OP
Kaptain Sir
Thread Starter #8
Seems pointless when we have a tube running from the grille to the bottom of the factory airbox. I could be wrong, but upgrading the tube (i.e. Velossa Tech Big Mouth) or a sealed box (Mishimoto, CP-E) seemed to be the most effective upgrade for these intake systems.
It's purely for acoustics......not performance, there is no argument there.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
The CP-E system has a clear lid so you can see the filter, the Mishimoto is solid aluminum so you can't see it but I don't see why you couldn't leave the lid off. Here's a picture from their R&D article.

I'm pretty sure that the air comes in from the bottom on the fiesta, so if you cut a hole in the lid the air would bypass the filter completely. I'd have to look to be sure, tho... stand by

Yeah, the intake tube is connected to the upper part of the air box (the lid), so the air is drawn in from below and goes UP thru the box to the intake. You'd have some work ahead of you to get it to work like the focus. I think it would be neat, tho.

OP
Kaptain Sir
Thread Starter #12
Yeah, the intake tube is connected to the upper part of the air box (the lid), so the air is drawn in from below and goes UP thru the box to the intake. You'd have some work ahead of you to get it to work like the focus. I think it would be neat, tho.
Now who is willing to be the guinea pig [hihi]

What i'd like to see is someone cut it out and replace with some plexiglass or something, could have an ST logo or something in it. I might work on something like that with my stormtrooper theme...