Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Catless downpipe question

I am in Alabama, and being catless doesnt bother me. I will be installing a catless Depo downpipe on the stock system here pretty soon.

The question i have is will the Vibrant J anti fouler really keep me from throwing a code? As in this is a proven, or does it just work for some. I am on the AP3, so if i go to OTS Stage 3, i k ow it turns it off, but is it recommended to run the J anti fouler regardless of the tune?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Butterybunz

If you have it turned off via tuning you don't need the fouler unless you're trying to pass some kind of emissions.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
If you have it turned off via tuning you don't need the fouler unless you're trying to pass some kind of emissions.
That works. I guess i can run the ots 3 and stay in Eco until i have the intercooler. Id rather not be playing with the heat soak here in Bama.

Butterybunz

If you don't have an intercooler upgrade you shouldn't run the Stage 3 map. Maybe just wait to install your downpipe and intercooler at the same time.

haste

1000 Post Club
I used the anti-fouler that came with my CP-E downpipe and ran the stock ecu map for two days...the light never came on. You shouldn't have a problem.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I used the anti-fouler that came with my CP-E downpipe and ran the stock ecu map for two days...the light never came on. You shouldn't have a problem.
Thats what i was getting after. If i go ahead and install with the anti fouler itll be fine with the cobb stage 1 map? If it wasnt, i was going to run the stage 3, slot 2 map

Butterybunz

You can install it and run stage 1, if you don't mind the check engine light you don't need the fouler. Or you can invest in unlimited protuning and get the most out of your mods and no CEL.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
You can install it and run stage 1, if you don't mind the check engine light you don't need the fouler. Or you can invest in unlimited protuning and get the most out of your mods and no CEL.
Theres a guy that tunes on a dyno close to me, so thats where my pro tune will come from.

If i am throwing a CEL, is it going to run poorly?

Butterybunz

It won't be running optimal no matter what since the tune is calibrated for stock DP, I don't think the CEL will have an affect on how it runs. I would just wait until you have your IC, DEPO has one for like $310 shipped and then run stage 3.

How loud will I be with a catless downpipe and a resonator delete going to a stock muffler? In addition, will I be able to have the Strat tune crackles? A rep said that I will, but the severity of them would depend on my exhaust set up. Their site says not recommended for a stock setup with a catless DP, so I'm confused [confused].

Also, with the catless DP and resonator delete, will I be able to shoot flames? If not, how do I do so?

Thank you in advance!

- JR