Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fun daily

Just wanted to make a build thread on my 2015 base st. I'll add pictures and things as I get them uploaded!

How she sits now, stock ride height on 16x7 pony wheels with 205/45 16 federal 595 rs-r tires.

Just wanted to make a build thread on my 2015 base st. I'll add pictures and things as I get them uploaded!

How she sits now, stock ride height on 16x7 pony wheels with 205/45 16 federal 595 rs-r tires.
How are you liking those rsr's compared to the stock summer tires?

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
I literally just put them on tonight and it's pouring here. As soon as I get some feedback I'll post it up

neeqness

1000 Post Club
How are you liking those rsr's compared to the stock summer tires?
FWIW, I've been currently using the Federal SS595s (@195/55 R15) and I like them. They seem to be stickier than stock as well once broken-in. They are also much more comfortable and more quiet than stock with seemingly better performance than stock in the wet. That alone sold me. Definitely an awesome tire for the price.

If stickiness is a high priority, I think the rsr would be better for you but as a daily, this tire is tough to beat at this price point.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those 'stang wheels, in that pic, almost look like the Revolution wheels I had on my old '89 A2 GTI 16V.

(From that distance, and straight on side shot it is hard to notice the 'twist' those spokes have. ;) )

FWIW, I've been currently using the Federal SS595s (@195/55 R15) and I like them. They seem to be stickier than stock as well once broken-in. They are also much more comfortable and more quiet than stock with seemingly better performance than stock in the wet. That alone sold me. Definitely an awesome tire for the price.

If stickiness is a high priority, I think the rsr would be better for you but as a daily, this tire is tough to beat at this price point.

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I kind of want something to daily and hit the track occasionally. Maybe the ss595 will fit the bill. I think they are near half the cost of the RSR.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I kind of want something to daily and hit the track occasionally. Maybe the ss595 will fit the bill. I think they are near half the cost of the RSR.
What size wheel are you using?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'm still on the stocks tires. I wanted to go 215/40/17 when the stocks are done, which by the look of it won't be too much longer.
I must say that most tires will feel more comfortable when used at my size compared to stock size so I can't confirm if these would be more comfortable than the stock tire at stock size. If you are at stock height and not planning to lower your car, I'd recommend 205/45 as this size does not rub and should add more comfort. Not sure if they have that size in this tire though.

You could also look around for 215/45 or 225/45 but I can't confirm whether they will rub or not. I've only personally used 205/45 in the Indy 500s, which is also made a bit wide.

Speaking of which, I also would recommend the Indy 500s, but they do cost a bit more. One of the stickiest tires in the class and one of the most comfy and quiet so far which would make a good daily. Very amazing for its price but the Federals are cheaper. I prefer the Indy t00s but they don't come in 15' sizes.

In any case, I hope that they have the size you are looking for...whichever that you decide to purchase.

I must say that most tires will feel more comfortable when used at my size compared to stock size so I can't confirm if these would be more comfortable than the stock tire at stock size. If you are at stock height and not planning to lower your car, I'd recommend 205/45 as this size does not rub and should add more comfort. Not sure if they have that size in this tire though.

You could also look around for 215/45 or 225/45 but I can't confirm whether they will rub or not. I've only personally used 205/45 in the Indy 500s, which is also made a bit wide.

Speaking of which, I also would recommend the Indy 500s, but they do cost a bit more. One of the stickiest tires in the class and one of the most comfy and quiet so far which would make a good daily. Very amazing for its price but the Federals are cheaper. I prefer the Indy t00s but they don't come in 15' sizes.

In any case, I hope that they have the size you are looking for...whichever that you decide to purchase.

Im actually lowered already. If I did my math right with the offset of my wheels and the size of the 215/40 i should be ok.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The 215/40s will have a slightly taller side wall than the factory 205/40s, so they should be a little more 'cushy'.

But the other factor which we do not know is how does the side wall construction, and therefore rigidity compare between the two different brands?

Also, you are doing the opposite of stretching these by putting them on a 7" wide wheel, so that may contribute to them riding softer as well.([dunno])

neeqness

1000 Post Club
The 215/40s will have a slightly taller side wall than the factory 205/40s, so they should be a little more 'cushy'.

But the other factor which we do not know is how does the side wall construction, and therefore rigidity compare between the two different brands?

Also, you are doing the opposite of stretching these by putting them on a 7" wide wheel, so that may contribute to them riding softer as well.([dunno])
True, I think the Federals are made a little wider than most so that may also help a bit.

Those 'stang wheels, in that pic, almost look like the Revolution wheels I had on my old '89 A2 GTI 16V.

(From that distance, and straight on side shot it is hard to notice the 'twist' those spokes have. ;) )
Are you looking at the mowers wheels? those things twist....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you looking at the mowers wheels? those things twist....
Sorry, I thought he had the 5 spoke, 16x7, 91-93 Fox body wheels which DID have a twist to the spokes (my brother had them on his stripped notch ;) ).

Those just have a 'bubble' on the spokes, don't know WHAT years those are from. [???:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
True, I think the Federals are made a little wider than most so that may also help a bit.
CORRECT, ALL of their various flavors in a 215/40-17 are between 7.7 and 8.0 wide in tread width.

The only tire which matches them is the very pricey Star Spec, at 8.0 tread width. [wink]

OP
I
Thread Starter #19
[MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] they're fox body pony wheels without the center cap. The federals felt good in the dry 60? weather. No longer hops all around in 2nd. Might put them to the test at atco on Sunday and see if I can get a 2.1 60' and maybe hit my goal of 14.5 without a tune. Car went 14.70 @ 96 with just a muffler/resonator delete and bov spacer. As I find out more about the tires I'll fill everyone in.

OP
I
Thread Starter #20
So as of right now. Mods include:

Ramair induction tune
Free ram air mid
Green panel filter
Resonator delete
Generic n1 muffler with 4.5" carbon tip
Cfm symposer delete
Twisted motion bov spacer
Vibrant 500hp intercooler
Hurst T-handle shift knob
16x7 mustang pony wheels wrapped in 205/45 16 federal 595 rs-r tires

Here's some more pics I took the other night. Next on the list is some lowering springs