Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greetings from San Antonio, TX

I've been a lurker for a while. I'm the proud owner of a 2014 green envy FiST with recaros and navigation as the only options I believe. No sunroof because of leaks and issues down the road. The car is a Christmas present from my wife who had it shipped from Indiana with 14k miles on it. I love the fact that it has no holes drilled in the front bumper even though we have a front license plate law here in Texas. That's about it. I'm looking forward to learning from this site. My only mod so far is a gotta have it green shift knob from CJ Pony. It's a perfect match to my green envy as they are the same paint code.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I've been a lurker for a while. I'm the proud owner of a 2014 green envy FiST with recaros and navigation as the only options I believe. No sunroof because of leaks and issues down the road. The car is a Christmas present from my wife who had it shipped from Indiana with 14k miles on it. I love the fact that it has no holes drilled in the front bumper even though we have a front license plate law here in Texas. That's about it. I'm looking forward to learning from this site. My only mod so far is a gotta have it green shift knob from CJ Pony. It's a perfect match to my green envy as they are the same paint code.
Welcome!!

I'm not from San Antonio but I just happen to be here visiting family. Haven't seen any STs at all though around here and even Fiestas seem to be somewhat rare.

Regarding the front license plate, I'm surprised you said that it was law because I have been hard pressed finding nearly any car with a front plate and many don't even have the bracket that holds the plate on the front. I have been really close to taking my own front plate off so I can look cool like the other Texans...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #7
Welcome!!

I'm not from San Antonio but I just happen to be here visiting family. Haven't seen any STs at all though around here and even Fiestas seem to be somewhat rare.

Regarding the front license plate, I'm surprised you said that it was law because I have been hard pressed finding nearly any car with a front plate and many don't even have the bracket that holds the plate on the front. I have been really close to taking my own front plate off so I can look cool like the other Texans...

It's the law, but it looks really dumb on our fiestas plus it blocks the intercooler. It's really not enforced here in San Antonio as far as I can tell. Anyway, hope you are enjoying your stay. I'm originally from D/FW, but my wife is from here. I've been here for 8 years now. It really is a great city.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It's the law, but it looks really dumb on our fiestas plus it blocks the intercooler. It's really not enforced here in San Antonio as far as I can tell. Anyway, hope you are enjoying your stay. I'm originally from D/FW, but my wife is from here. I've been here for 8 years now. It really is a great city.
It seems like a fairly cool city so far. If it had a decent beach I MIGHT consider moving. Weather is still bad though compared to LA. That hail scare last night had me a bit worried. My FiST is being kept in the open here. Thank goodness it didn't hakl here.

Do you like it better than Dallas/Ft Worth?

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #9
It seems like a fairly cool city so far. If it had a decent beach I MIGHT consider moving. Weather is still bad though compared to LA. That hail scare last night had me a bit worried. My FiST is being kept in the open here. Thank goodness it didn't hakl here.

Do you like it better than Dallas/Ft Worth?

Honestly, I like the D/FW area, but the Hill country area down here is way nicer IMO. I hear ya about the hail scare. I work nights and my FiST is parked uncovered at work where as at home, it's parked in my garage. You can drive down to Port Aransas or Padre Island in a few hours. I've only heard nightmares about LA traffic and crazy housing market prices. I'm sure the weather is nice, but not for me. Also, their gun laws are too restrictive for my taste.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Welcome! I have a 2014 MO FiST and I've been in San Antonio since last July for military tech school but will be leaving this June. I've been doing autocross here with the local group SASCA (San Antonio Sports Car Association) www.sasca.org. They are having 2 events this month if you're interested in checking it out. I've seen a lot of FoSTs around here but rarely any FiSTs. San Antonio gets really hot in the summer; I ended up upgrading my radiator to the Mishimoto because I was overheating in traffic in the summer heat.

Welcome! Only Green Envy ST I've seen in the wild was in Boerne, TX North of San Antonio a couple years ago. I've test driven two other green ones before I bought my car. It is an excellent color. I'm sad it's not more common and it would have been my choice but orange is my favorite color so I was really torn. Ultimately I had to go orange but I still kinda want that green because people mistake my orange with red way too often. Bright colors go great on these cars though.

Front plates are a law, but cops really don't cite you for it unless they want a reason to pull you over or they pull you over for something else and add that on. That being said, I'd rather just deal with the front plate on the car than deal with a cop pulling me over for no front plate. The plate on the factory front bracket actually doesn't block the intercooler or the radiator. It comes up on the grille, but if you look the bottom half of the grille is blocked off anyway because the crash bar is right behind it.

I'm up in DFW, but I come down to SA a couple times a year to see my parents. I hate the Spring weather here. Glad I have a carport, but sadly it doesn't protect my car when I'm not at home. Got out of last years weather with a single hail dent on the roof. Sunday we had hail in areas that were baseball sized. I didn't even get any rain but someone I know posted about a friend's car that got obliterated by the hail about 15 mins North of me. And then Tuesday we had Tornado warnings overnight with high winds and trees and limbs that fell over. My co-worker posted a picture of a tree that fell on some cars at his apartment.

OP
GreenenvyFiST
Thread Starter #16
Welcome! Only Green Envy ST I've seen in the wild was in Boerne, TX North of San Antonio a couple years ago. I've test driven two other green ones before I bought my car. It is an excellent color. I'm sad it's not more common and it would have been my choice but orange is my favorite color so I was really torn. Ultimately I had to go orange but I still kinda want that green because people mistake my orange with red way too often. Bright colors go great on these cars though.

Front plates are a law, but cops really don't cite you for it unless they want a reason to pull you over or they pull you over for something else and add that on. That being said, I'd rather just deal with the front plate on the car than deal with a cop pulling me over for no front plate. The plate on the factory front bracket actually doesn't block the intercooler or the radiator. It comes up on the grille, but if you look the bottom half of the grille is blocked off anyway because the crash bar is right behind it.

I'm up in DFW, but I come down to SA a couple times a year to see my parents. I hate the Spring weather here. Glad I have a carport, but sadly it doesn't protect my car when I'm not at home. Got out of last years weather with a single hail dent on the roof. Sunday we had hail in areas that were baseball sized. I didn't even get any rain but someone I know posted about a friend's car that got obliterated by the hail about 15 mins North of me. And then Tuesday we had Tornado warnings overnight with high winds and trees and limbs that fell over. My co-worker posted a picture of a tree that fell on some cars at his apartment.
Thanks for all the kind greetings from our small group of FiST fanatics! Luckily my car has escaped the hail damage so far(knock on wood). I'm from Grand Prairie, but lived down by TCU in fort Worth for 3 years. The weather in D/FW is very unstable and can be scary this time of year. We have bouts of rough weather down here, but we are too far south to get many crazy tornados like Dallas, Oklahoma, etc. I've seen one FiSt here in San Antonio since I've had mine, but quite a few FoST.

Thanks for all the kind greetings from our small group of FiST fanatics! Luckily my car has escaped the hail damage so far(knock on wood). I'm from Grand Prairie, but lived down by TCU in fort Worth for 3 years. The weather in D/FW is very unstable and can be scary this time of year. We have bouts of rough weather down here, but we are too far south to get many crazy tornados like Dallas, Oklahoma, etc. I've seen one FiSt here in San Antonio since I've had mine, but quite a few FoST.
Yeah, I grew up just North of San Antonio. Weather down there is much better. The hail we did ever get was too small for damage and the tornadoes that did touch down were pretty small and uncommon. San Antonio seems the be the sweet spot when it comes to weather in Texas. Too far up for hurricanes, too far down for Tornadoes and hail, and not as dry as the panhandle area with all the wildfires. Although a family friend down there did have 4 of his cars totaled and a ton of damage to his house and property from a crazy hail storm last year which had been unheard of for that area. This is my third Spring in DFW. My uncle and aunt have been up here for 30+ years and they say weather has been a lot worse these past couple years than years before.

I've seen like 2-3 FiSTs this past week and then was on an ST cruise up in Arkansas with 3 other Fiestas and 4 Focuses last weekend and even saw another FiST up there so I've seen above average amount of FiSTs this past week. Normally I spot one or two a month at best. I see Focus STs all the time.

Yeah, I grew up just North of San Antonio. Weather down there is much better. The hail we did ever get was too small for damage and the tornadoes that did touch down were pretty small and uncommon. San Antonio seems the be the sweet spot when it comes to weather in Texas. Too far up for hurricanes, too far down for Tornadoes and hail, and not as dry as the panhandle area with all the wildfires. Although a family friend down there did have 4 of his cars totaled and a ton of damage to his house and property from a crazy hail storm last year which had been unheard of for that area. This is my third Spring in DFW. My uncle and aunt have been up here for 30+ years and they say weather has been a lot worse these past couple years than years before.

I've seen like 2-3 FiSTs this past week and then was on an ST cruise up in Arkansas with 3 other Fiestas and 4 Focuses last weekend and even saw another FiST up there so I've seen above average amount of FiSTs this past week. Normally I spot one or two a month at best. I see Focus STs all the time.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Honestly, I like the D/FW area, but the Hill country area down here is way nicer IMO. I hear ya about the hail scare. I work nights and my FiST is parked uncovered at work where as at home, it's parked in my garage. You can drive down to Port Aransas or Padre Island in a few hours. I've only heard nightmares about LA traffic and crazy housing market prices. I'm sure the weather is nice, but not for me. Also, their gun laws are too restrictive for my taste.
It's all true...don't forget earthquakes. Although we don't get them as often as tornadoes, hurricanes, and most other natural disasters, it can be pretty unnerving to feel them your first time. We tend to lose population after every big one (5-6+), because LA gets a lot of people from other states.

The weather, however, is the best in the country. Second only to San Diego (which I'm not going to count right now because it's so close).

I've been to Dallas also. I think I might prefer San Antonio (if it had a beach), but I'm not sure since I haven't really spent enough time there. Why do you like it more than SA?