Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High Performance Wet Tires

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I wish I had at least a little experience with the NeoGen in stock size to see how they compare to the Michelin AS tires which driver really really well but just had so damn much noise and harshness it was nearly unbearable to drive the car over I80 to see the grandkids in CA. I pulled the tires off and had them mounted on my daughters 17x8 wheels on her 06 Mazda 3 5 door sport and they are great on it and much quieter, ride better, etc, I think the ST is just to light for them and it is a louder car.

Part of my issue with them could of been the urethane bushings through out the car of course, it rides better, suspension works better as they are linear unlike rubber bushings but can transmit more road noise into the chassis.

I put my 225 Rival S on 15x9 back on recently, running a bit more air in them than the NeoGen, firmed up the dampers a bit, love the results but a bit stiffer and louder than the NeoGen but still far better than the Mich no matter what the damper settings or air pressure.

Too bad Tirerack does not sell the NeoGen as they would of tested them against other tires which would help those with 17's to decide what to run.

At least they are cheap to buy to test out.

--------------

I had no interest in these tires due to being a rather old design and found nothing to make me want to try them but the guys at Goodwin Racing highly recommended them to me for the 15x8 wheels as their favorite AS tire in 15's so I gave them a shot and very impressed with them. I would not trust them in the snow though drove a little on them, they got me around in light snow but I have a real LSD if that makes a difference I am not sure. They are a 3 season and were really good in the cold and wet and not to bad over a bit of ice, if I lived where the winter was worse than here in Northern NV at the foot of the Sierra's I might have winter tires instead.