Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front 12V outlet stays on when car is off.

I have the radar detector plugged into it. I've noticed, when approaching the car, that the device stays on. 12V outlet does not cut power for some reason. I've approached the car without the keyfob on me, too - no difference.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The rear one stays on as well. I can only assume it's by design

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
This has been brought up before. They only stay on for about 30 minutes, then go off. Similar to leaving the doors open the light will go off after a period of time.

Zormecteon

As I understand it, the rear one shuts off after 10 minutes (30 perhaps) but the front stays on. I came out to a dead battery because I had left my detector plugged in and turned on for a couple of days.... I've since had it hardwired, and not had a battery problem again.... (well, the battery in my remote keeps going dead since I ran it thru the washer and dryer a couple of times, but that's a different issue)

Use the rear one if you want one that shuts off. Test it first. But as mentioned, about 10 minutes and it will shut off. From all I've heard, the front one stays on. Of course, you could always hard-wire it and get some clutter out of the dash area.

Good luck!

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Use the rear one if you want one that shuts off. Test it first. But as mentioned, about 10 minutes and it will shut off. From all I've heard, the front one stays on. Of course, you could always hard-wire it and get some clutter out of the dash area.

Good luck!
I will be hard wiring my dash cam. But I prefer my detectors easily removable.

Bluedrank

I believe the front stays on forever. The rear stays on for 10 minutes after the car has been turned off.