Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford recalls 440k vehicles due to fire risk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My build date is 9/14 and I had ford run the vin right after the recall came out. Saud there was nothing on it. I think I should call them again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Izzy

Are the Ford Reps still reachable on the forums? My car overheated while waiting for parts and now I have check engine light indicating (misfire cyl 2, P018C Low Fuel pressure sensor B circuit, P0420 Catalyst system Efficiency below threshold bank 1). Also, it idles rough for the first minute or so; puffs white smoke for the first 3-5 min. of use; temps constantly fluctuating, and having to fill the coolant tank on a weekly basis. I've seen how Ford has fixed vehicles in Europe, but are they doing the same in the U.S.? Would like to know ahead of time cause' I just got out of furlough and from the looks of it may be on furlough again. Car has been perfect for 52k miles, but now this....Just super bad timing for this to happen right now.

Izzy

Is Ford working with people to truly fix vehicles with head gasket issues or should I just take it to a private mechanic? Seen a few in Europe were Ford actually fixed.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have not heard them in quite a while. I believe they are gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
A forum is not a good place to get help from Ford. Call Ford customer care, they are the only ones that can tell you what Ford will do or not do. By law (NHTSA) the recall lists all cars Ford is aware is affected. If there is others I am sure they would know by now and amended the recall to also cover them. I find it inconceivable Ford does not know exactly how many engines were built and a multitude of data on where they went, they have been doing this for 100 years and they invented assembly line in the automotive industry. All recalls are under the Feds and approved by the Feds before the recall letter is sent. According to NHTSA even the letter has to be approved by them. I have a 2016 that is not on the list, so I don't worry about it and have never had a reason to worry. You may get Customer Care to authorize the dealer to check it out free to determine if it a factory defect. I have found Ford customer Care helpful in the past, don't make demands or threats.....just ask for help with the issue. Their job is not to be on Fords side but on the side of a happy customer. So if spending $50 on a dealer inspection will keep a customer in the Ford family they will do it. Each dealer also has a fund called "Customer Satisfaction Fund" to help resolve customer issues. In my case Ford made the dealer overnight me a $800.00 check that was imprinted with "Customer Satisfaction Fund" on it. So try to work with them first. We used to have Ford Reps on the Forum but they bailed once the site started promoting mods and bad mouthing and threatening frivolous law suits. I forgot her name but she helped lots of folks.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I recall a member signing up here the drum up public empathy to get his issue with Ford resolved and then disappeared after Ford buckled and took care of the customer. It seems he used the forum and it's members for a specific purpose.

Kicking and screaming out in public to garner attention while spreading bad publicity seems to work for some.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/10241-2015-ford-feista-clutch-warranty-denied-by-ford

SrsBsns

Is Ford working with people to truly fix vehicles with head gasket issues or should I just take it to a private mechanic? Seen a few in Europe were Ford actually fixed.
I just had a hose replaced that runs from the reservoir to the back of the block. Apparently it "went bad." But I believe that this is directly related to the recall.

My car is a '15 and was outside of the recalled build dates. The dealer told me that if I had blown the HG due to overheating, I would have been SOL.

My warranty only covers mechanical failure, not the hose failure.

Izzy

Total BS! They should clearly replace something they had to revise due to poor engineering. The revision itself should be enough to find them at fault.

Izzy

Ok...so it's confirmed I have a bad head gasket. Is it confirmed that a 2016 head fits with no mods? I really don't want a repeat of this so if Ford revised it I rather use one of those instead.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Ok...so it's confirmed I have a bad head gasket. Is it confirmed that a 2016 head fits with no mods? I really don't want a repeat of this so if Ford revised it I rather use one of those instead.
You can only order the revised head design now. The old head design is literally no longer available

Izzy

Car is at the dealer. Put it back to stock as much as I could...minus intercooler and radiator...let's see what Ford says. They'll probably pull a we can't warrant your paint cause' you have a shift knob.

ROCKYFiestta

I had my 2014 warrantied even though they trashed my car a bit and where total jags at the dealer. also they did a terrible job with the new hoses they installed they where rubbing up on each other (The new coolant hose ((hot temps)) with the ac line (cold temps). this will be my last ford for sure as they have horrible service where I live. either way still enjoy the car but no overheating issues. now to tackle the oil in the I/C pipes problem [scratch]

Izzy

I had my 2014 warrantied even though they trashed my car a bit and where total jags at the dealer. also they did a terrible job with the new hoses they installed they where rubbing up on each other (The new coolant hose ((hot temps)) with the ac line (cold temps). this will be my last ford for sure as they have horrible service where I live. either way still enjoy the car but no overheating issues. now to tackle the oil in the I/C pipes problem [scratch]
Ford came through and provided a whole new short block. I decided to replace the clutch out of pocket while I could with no labor charge as well since the car has 53400k. I agree this will be my last Ford as well. Car was returned filthy and clearly spent lots of time with the windows down as the interior along with exterior was filled with pollen. Additionally, if I ever get that satisfaction survey I'll include the videos I immediately made when I got home showing how a bunch of tabs/retainers were broken; the intake clamps were not tighten and couldn't even clean off coolant run off when they filled it. Clearly our vehicles are too cheap for dealerships to treat us to a free car wash or just plain decent. I've had premium vehicles (ie. 335i, G35s, G37s, ISF) and the most noticeable difference is the customer service. Why can't Ford simply make dealerships comply with basic customer service I don't know. Damn shame too cause they are really hurting any chance for customer loyalty. Makes sense why they are only going to make trucks & SUV's. I'm almost certain my next car will probably be an RS3 or M2 comp. & sadly with Ford I'm done!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford came through and provided a whole new short block. I decided to replace the clutch out of pocket while I could with no labor charge as well since the car has 53400k. I agree this will be my last Ford as well. Car was returned filthy and clearly spent lots of time with the windows down as the interior along with exterior was filled with pollen. Additionally, if I ever get that satisfaction survey I'll include the videos I immediately made when I got home showing how a bunch of tabs/retainers were broken; the intake clamps were not tighten and couldn't even clean off coolant run off when they filled it. Clearly our vehicles are too cheap for dealerships to treat us to a free car wash or just plain decent. I've had premium vehicles (ie. 335i, G35s, G37s, ISF) and the most noticeable difference is the customer service. Why can't Ford simply make dealerships comply with basic customer service I don't know. Damn shame too cause they are really hurting any chance for customer loyalty. Makes sense why they are only going to make trucks & SUV's. I'm almost certain my next car will probably be an RS3 or M2 comp. & sadly with Ford I'm done!
Because the dealers are not owned by Ford is the easy answer. For every make there are good dealers and bad. Did you talk to FoMoCo (not the dealer) about the work quality? Ford Customer Care has always come through for me.

ROCKYFiestta

they should still hold up to the ford namesake regardless of who owns it. I worked for mazda buick and Toyota in my younger years and doing shit like that was almost unheard of. At mazda and buick every car was washed and cleaned after it was serviced by the techs. Guess ford has no standards anymore. You shouldn't have to bitch up a storm to corporate just to be treated like a decent human being is what I am getting at. They wouldn't like it if the situation was reversed but here we are. I am handicap with handicap plates and they parked my car at the ass end of their lot when they had handicap spots open a few feet away, to me that just makes them shitbags. Personally the whole brand is tarnished but anyways I don't go to them for anything anymore and If I have to deal with ford again I will drive 100 miles to the next city.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
they should still hold up to the ford namesake regardless of who owns it. I worked for mazda buick and Toyota in my younger years and doing shit like that was almost unheard of. At mazda and buick every car was washed and cleaned after it was serviced by the techs. Guess ford has no standards anymore. You shouldn't have to bitch up a storm to corporate just to be treated like a decent human being is what I am getting at. They wouldn't like it if the situation was reversed but here we are. I am handicap with handicap plates and they parked my car at the ass end of their lot when they had handicap spots open a few feet away, to me that just makes them shitbags.
My Wife has a Mazda and they treat their customers 10 times better than Ford. The Mazda for free out of warranty has had a new dashboard, and lift shocks for the hatch put in. Completely free no hassle. I don't know if Mazda forces it's dealers to have loaner cars, but Ford dealerships never seem to. I agree you shouldn't have to complain a car is the second biggest purchase you will ever make, and I think that deserves ass-kissing customer service. I've always had to have customer service so I know a thing or two about ass kissing a customer. Ford really needs to set a standard for dealerships that operate under their name if they don't meet the standard pull the plug.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I still find it amazing that people don't know the dealer is NOT Ford controlled or operated. A Dealer is a third party company. Most states have franchise laws that restrict what authority a franchiser has. And in most cases have zero to do with employees or how they operate the business. They can help you deal with a dealer and put pressure on them to do something but cannot "make" them do crap.

I have had great luck with Ford Customer care. If you have a "relationship" with Ford as in buying multiple Fords over the years you will get much better response from them. Buying a new Mustang for wife this week. A dealer does not want to honor all rebates. So Customer Care gave me another dealers name in that area who gave us a $3000 lower price on the car parked at the dealer that did not want to discount it. So we bought the car at that dealership through the one Ford suggested. "That is our car (Fords) not the dealers, we want you to buy the Ford of your choice" was their comment. So they cut the throat of the dealer trying to rip us off and put $3000 in our pocket yesterday. Same Customer Care folks that had an $800 "doc" fee refunded on my FiST a few years ago. We will as a family have purchased 4 new Fords in 3 years so I get outstanding support from FoMoCo but I am also a realist and understand the dealer is not Ford. And if a dealer does not want to act right they will suggest one they trust. Same with buying cars apparently. Again $3000 Ford customer care put in our hands Friday and $800 cash after buying my FiST. So $3800 they put back in our pockets in 3 years. Plus forcing the dealership to reimburse me for removing the front plate bracket and buying the color matched plugs for the bumper on my FiST. Dealers suck.....Ford customer care has been outstanding for us. They made a Ford Customer Care appointment at the "bad" dealer for my wife to pick up the car she wanted with no sales staff involved, drive it, take it home for the night as a guest of Ford. Again Fords position was that was THEIR car not the dealers! She drove it for a few hours running errands, took it back the dealer ask if she enjoyed it and took the keys back. Not one iota of a sales pitch. This should give you an indication that they cannot control a dealer but if they are not acting right will do what they can for their loyal customers, including helping me get a better price from a different dealer. They had zero bad to say about the stupid dealer, but did have a glowing report for the dealer that took care of us. Even Ford knows the "bad " dealers!