Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cheap clutch replacement help

I've got 50k on my ST, and the clutch is slipping. Couple questions:

1. What's the cheapest way to replace it without doing it myself? Is there an aftermarket oem clone that's cheaper? Take it to a regular mechanic and not the dealer? I don't care too much about quality or upgrade. I just want it done cheaply.
2. I assume it's hopeless to take my car to the dealer and see if warranty will cover it. Any reason why I should think differently? Anyone gotten a clutch replaced under warranty at this many miles?

I'm in the San Gabriel valley if anyone has suggestions on a dealer or mechanic or what not. Thanks for any input!

Not sure on the cheapest, but as far as warranty, they won't cover it, it's one of the wearables that you have to cover like the brake pads.

zanethan

No mechanic suggestion but make sure all the typical things are replaced when they do the job. It might cost a bit more but nothings worse than having to go back into a transmission to replace a flywheel 2 weeks after replacing a clutch. I'm not an expert but I think the flywheel and slave cylinder are what's suggested to replace while it's apart.