Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

transaxle drain plug size?

I just am going through this as well. I couldn't get a confirmed size from a ford dealer(the kept saying 16x12x1.5) so I ordered a stock one(they're like $2). It should be 16x1.5 for size and pitch, with the plug being 12mm long. I ordered this: https://shop.namelessperformance.com/magnetic-oil-drain-plug/ as they seemed to be the only quality one I could get by this weekend guaranteed. I didn't want the mishi plug or similar with a short hex and no flange behind it.

Looks like there are a few options out there(greddy, project kics, etc) that are similar to the one I picked up. I'll let you know fit and finish when I get it and install it saturday.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I just am going through this as well. I couldn't get a confirmed size from a ford dealer(the kept saying 16x12x1.5) so I ordered a stock one(they're like $2). It should be 16x1.5 for size and pitch, with the plug being 12mm long. I ordered this: https://shop.namelessperformance.com/magnetic-oil-drain-plug/ as they seemed to be the only quality one I could get by this weekend guaranteed. I didn't want the mishi plug or similar with a short hex and no flange behind it.

Looks like there are a few options out there(greddy, project kics, etc) that are similar to the one I picked up. I'll let you know fit and finish when I get it and install it saturday.
THANKS!! [twothumb]

I took a chance on the alloy Mishi magnetic plug for the engine sump (only ~$11.00 shipped), but will probably order one of the stainless, US made, magnetic Gold Plugs soon. ;)

Pete

There is a magnet already in the transmission to pick up metal shavings. I do not think you will pick up much with another magnet plug but it never hurts I suppose.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
There is a magnet already in the transmission to pick up metal shavings. I do not think you will pick up much with another magnet plug but it never hurts I suppose.
TRUE, but unless/until one tears open the transaxle (as you have done for a MUCH appreciated diff/final drive change tutorial [twothumb]) you will never see what is stuck to it, or be able to clean it off so it can pick up even more fines. [:(]

Pete

TRUE, but unless/until one tears open the transaxle (as you have done for a MUCH appreciated diff/final drive change tutorial [twothumb]) you will never see what is stuck to it, or be able to clean it off so it can pick up even more fines. [:(]
That magnet is crazy strong I tried for a good 30 minutes trying to get all the shavings off and I couldn't haha. But another magnet wouldn't hurt I suppose. Haha

Installed on Saturday. 16x1.5 is the correct size, and I was very impressed with the service I got from Nameless Performance.