Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Octane Academy for 2017

I went May 7. It is an absolute blast.
For a novice like me, they set it up I think purposely so you can safely go aggressively and learn. The East Track, at least, was almost all 3d gear, with plenty of runoff room, and it's long enough that you don't run up on others unless they are really slow. So, basically, you can see what happens if you go into corners way too hot (polite drifting). The instructors are delightful and do nothing but encourage you and offer really good feedback on all your driving.
Even some of the guys that were pretty experienced auto-xers and trackday guys seemed to have a really good time. There are enough of them to get competitive with, too. They had good words about the instructors, also.
I can't remember laughing that much in a day in years. 10/10 trying to get my friends to get STs and bring me back as a guest.

I went May 7. It is an absolute blast.
For a novice like me, they set it up I think purposely so you can safely go aggressively and learn. The East Track, at least, was almost all 3d gear, with plenty of runoff room, and it's long enough that you don't run up on others unless they are really slow. So, basically, you can see what happens if you go into corners way too hot (polite drifting). The instructors are delightful and do nothing but encourage you and offer really good feedback on all your driving.
Even some of the guys that were pretty experienced auto-xers and trackday guys seemed to have a really good time. There are enough of them to get competitive with, too. They had good words about the instructors, also.
I can't remember laughing that much in a day in years. 10/10 trying to get my friends to get STs and bring me back as a guest.
Can't wait! Going June 5...taking my 21 year old son as a guest!! Think it is going to be an awesome trip! Will be driving about 9 1/2 hours each way!

17 Octane Academy

I'm registered for Sept 11-12. Plan to drive from Fort Worth, TX to Santa Fe, NM and camp my way north to SLC and back. Taking 10 days total to spend lots of quality time in the Fist on back roads!

I'm registered for Sept 11-12. Plan to drive from Fort Worth, TX to Santa Fe, NM and camp my way north to SLC and back. Taking 10 days total to spend lots of quality time in the Fist on back roads!
That sounds fun. I'm driving from OKC through Colorado.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Originally planned on going in May, but work got in the way and registration filled up all the way to September when I looked again. Now going 9/20-9/21. Can't wait!

I went 6/5, it was such a blast! Crazy how capable our cars are with an experienced driver behind the wheel! I feel slow now haha! The one thing I took away is I can be more aggressive with the car and it will hold, at least i hope so!

What was your skill level before going and do you feel more comfortable with the car? I'm sure you learned a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I've tracked my past cars a few times so I felt comfortable on the track portion of the event, but when I went on the hot lap with the instructor, I was floored as to what the car is capable of. Pretty amazing what it can do in basically stock form.

The Urban X course was definitely unique, with the 180 degree handbrake turn and the 90 degree parking box exercise, but it was all really fun.

Definitely feel more comfortable with the car, especially in terms of what its natural tendencies are and predicting what it will do at the limit.

Anybody from here going this weekend?
To hose who already went: did you stay at the comfort inn with the STOA deal?

Trying to decide if I'm going to uber or rent a car. Or carpool with anyone going this weekend?

Anyone from this forum going?
Went 5-30-17. Had great fun. It was nice to get back on a race track for a few laps. The gymkhanna stuff was more fun than I thought it would be. The whole program is very good. We found a little better rate at the Best Western in Tooele. Nice property and still just a few minutes from the track. vacation 5-2017 214-sm.jpg vacation 5-2017 282-sm.jpg

I will be attending the last event of the year, Oct 25 & 26. Flying in from PDX Oregon. Plan to spend an extra day at the end, hiking some of the plentiful trails in the surrounding hills. I was a bit surprised that the Ford dealer barely mentioned it, as I'd think that it would be a good selling point for an ST. Better than the 'awesome' $1000 paint sealer...lol

June 4/5 Octane Academy

[video]https://www.facebook.com/karen.taggart2/videos/1412712652101464/[/video]

Urban X video from ST Octane Academy

I will be attending the last event of the year, Oct 25 & 26. Flying in from PDX Oregon. Plan to spend an extra day at the end, hiking some of the plentiful trails in the surrounding hills. I was a bit surprised that the Ford dealer barely mentioned it, as I'd think that it would be a good selling point for an ST. Better than the 'awesome' $1000 paint sealer...lol
I agree, the dealership I bought mine at didn't even mention it, I don't think they even knew [???:)]

Kazz

I was there 6/20. Can't recommend it enough. 3-day road trip there and 3-day road trip back. Car now has over 6,000 miles! It was all simply awesome!