Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB accessport first install something is WRONG

Are you actively using the cruise control on your highway drives??? you're probably putting it in valet mode or some crap. stop pressing the cruise control buttons ????. also, since you have basically a "stage 3" i recommend just getting a real tune and not using the OTS maps cobb has to offer.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #22
Im not toutching any button... the Cruise control stopped working 9 mount ago, at the same time as shift light. And the clamp are all tight

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #23
ok so i did my homework, went back to oem map and everything is back to normal.... i tried stage 1-2-3 91 and it does it with everyone.. when i accelerate slowly the car will go to redline but when i mad it it does like i hit the rev limiter at 5k....

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #25
jsut realised there a burnout mode at 5000 rpm and a flatfoot shift too activated with these map

how do i shut these off?

ok so i did my homework, went back to oem map and everything is back to normal.... i tried stage 1-2-3 91 and it does it with everyone.. when i accelerate slowly the car will go to redline but when i mad it it does like i hit the rev limiter at 5k....
So if you went back to stock tune and everything is fine, it's definitely a problem with the accessport. Like previously mentioned I would try and re update to the latest firmware. Who knows, the last person who updated it could have moved the cable while updating and corrupted just one bit of firmware info causing all of these problems. I've heard of stranger things happening with technology LOL.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #27
i deleted all the map from the ap and downloaded the lates one from cobbs but still does the same thing..

I'd call COBB, they are generally really good with customer service. They can answer all your questions since the problem is solidly on the AP now.

OP said his cruise stuff went fucky after installing a shift light. I'm inclined to think it's hitting the 5000rpm launch control, since it is activated by your cruise buttons.

Basically OP hacked something in and had an issue before the accessport, now the accessport is highlighting that problem.

Get your cruise control issue sorted out and I bet this sorts itself out too.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OP said his cruise stuff went fucky after installing a shift light. I'm inclined to think it's hitting the 5000rpm launch control, since it is activated by your cruise buttons.

Basically OP hacked something in and had an issue before the accessport, now the accessport is highlighting that problem.

Get your cruise control issue sorted out and I bet this sorts itself out too.

my money is on this

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #35
I didn't install no shift light.... all I said is that 9 mount ago my cruise control and the oem shift light stopped working at the same time...

The accessport has controls setup using your cruise control buttons. If its messed up on your car, then there's a 99% chance thats why you're having the problem.

grnmachine02

So I did some quick googling on your behalf. Amazingly I find a thread that you started IN 2014, for your cruise control issue. Have you really been dealing with this for almost 3 years?

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #38
yeah the cruise control stopped working a while ago... i never use it so i never got it fixed at ford ... fak 2014 allready... times flies....

Ok, well learn to articulate yourself better.

I re-read what you wrote earlier and I am definitely thinking it's related to your cruise issue. Your description of the issue is exactly how you operate the 5000rpm 2step. Probably a short in the control buttons or the clockspring.

The point remains, you have an issue with your cruise control, and it's obviously a good one, since it's effecting other things. The accessport uses the cruise buttons to enable your 5000rpm two step. If you're hitting your "rev limiter" at 5000rpm, and you know you have an issue with your cruise functions... Fix your cruise issue and your car will work properly. It's not rocket surgery.

Your lack of willingness to take advise and stubborn insistence that were not right is making me less and less willing to help you further.

Some of us may or may not actually be licensed, professional mechanics, you know.