Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB accessport first install something is WRONG

hey guys, so i finally got all the bolt on together and then it was time to buy the cobb accessport and try stage 3.. so i did.. bought a used ap, the ap had the latest v400 in it allready so i plugged it and loaded the stage 3 91octane map with 91 octane fuel in the tank... , went for a rip and the car does not like this at all... from 1000rpm to 4000 rpm its fine then at around 4500-5000 it does exactly like what it would do if i was hitting rev limiter... it stays there at around 5000rpm doing some freaking funny noise and boost is kind of jumping..... then i tried loading stage 2 91 same thing.... idk what to do or thing..... any help would be awesome !! thnaks!

car has a j-line mishimoto intercooler, catless dp, injen intake, full 2.5 exhaust and a fidanza lightweight flywheel....

I'm not too hip on accessports yet, but my thought process is telling me to start with going back to a stock tune and unmarrying the accessport. I would think aside from having a check engine light for not running a cat, the car should carry on about its marry way like nothing ever happened. If you still can't rev past 5k something has to be wrong with the car. If you can, try re installing the accessport and go from there.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #3
the car was A1 the minute before i flashed the ecu with stage 3.... and the downpipe is there since 2015 with no cel...

Only thing I can think of is that you might not be releasing the clutch pedal fully and the FFS is engaging

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #9
Yeah the accessport reconised the car when I plugged it in. Then asked me to confirm, then saved oem map, then asked me to choose from a few ots map... I had my flywheel chanded for a lightweight fidanza one maybe this could change something!?

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #13
Besides the recommended stage 3 setup bolt on I have dendo iridium itv 20 plug, gfb dv+ and fidanza lightweight flywheel..

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #14
Just crossed my mind... its like 9 mount my shift light and cruise control stopped working... since Cobb ap has a few feature related to those button maybe this is where the issue comes from.

I feel like you are just not willing to unmarry and test, unless I some how skipped the post where you said you unmarried the AP and tried it out and it works fine... which I did not read from all the post.

Its been mentioned over and over again but you keep answering something else. Just unmarry it and see if there is an issue. its basic troubleshooting techniques... "revert to last known good version."

Uninstall the AP and see if it solves the problem.... as of right now it can be anything AND the tune. Process of elimination.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #17
I got you, will do... just to clarify, drove the car from work to home, 45 min drive, everything's fine, get home and park the car and shut it off... walk to the mailbox open accessport' box, plug it in the car, load the map, car runs like crap... I really doubt the car broke during the time i walked to the mailbox while it was shut.. but I'll try to unmarry everything and see what's happening. Loll really hope it's back to normal haha..