Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Also the hybrid dont donky kick like the stock turbo, they pull hard throughout the rev range. If you think im ragging on this turbo/you/or anything else, im truly not. I love Mountune and their products, just not impressed is all i was saying . So in other words, would i buy this turbo? no. But would i hate on some else wanting to get it? No way. I'd even help you put it on if you lived near me.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #43
Also the hybrid dont donky kick like the stock turbo, they pull hard throughout the rev range. If you think im ragging on this turbo/you/or anything else, im truly not. I love Mountune and their products, just not impressed is all i was saying . So in other words, would i buy this turbo? no. But would i hate on some else wanting to get it? No way. I'd even help you put it on if you lived near me.
That's true, it's not really a donkey kick, just spools and hits very low.
The only thing I worry about with that low end power that the ST280 and x47 has is long term reliability.
I love this car and hope to own it for years and well past 150k miles. Everyone knows low end power can generally break/strain drivetrain components. Curious to see how the hybrids are doing after 80k miles.

Now of course I probably sound ridiculous discussing long term drivetrain reliability with any big turbo upgrade, but I hope to mitigate some strain with the more steady power band.

Who knows!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I intend to buy this kit this month.

And an in house dyno protune by late May.

I'll be doing 91 oct, meth, and meth plus e30
I'm guessing an E30 with no meth, tune/pull would be too much to ask (since you probably don't intend to have that as a map slot)? [doorpeek]

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #45
I'm guessing an E30 with no meth, tune/pull would be too much to ask (since you probably don't intend to have that as a map slot)? [doorpeek]
Yeah I could do at least a pull, I MAY have just an e30 slot.
I currently don't have access to ethanol, but my job might be moving me east where I'll have pumps close by.

That's true, it's not really a donkey kick, just spools and hits very low.
The only thing I worry about with that low end power that the ST280 and x47 has is long term reliability.
I love this car and hope to own it for years and well past 150k miles. Everyone knows low end power can generally break/strain drivetrain components. Curious to see how the hybrids are doing after 80k miles.

Now of course I probably sound ridiculous discussing long term drivetrain reliability with any big turbo upgrade, but I hope to mitigate some strain with the more steady power band.

Who knows!
You have to remember, even a tuned FiST hits 280WTQ hard and low. Beyond that it is a matter of heat management in the upper RPMS and if things stay with in the happy range everything should be fine.

Honestly there just isn't enough info on this BT kit to make many comparisons, a lot of missing data. IMO and what I see is a held back turbo but can't really say why with out more info. We need flow and boost numbers, with AFR readings at least. Until then I wouldn't make many assumptions about what this kit is capable of or isn't. The Hybrid game is very strong but I don't think this kit will disappoint any one who purchases it.

I saw the Gen2 GTX being mentioned, it doesn't spool any faster than the Gen1, it just has more top end.

Add an $800 manifold to the price of the Mountune, that's more of a fair price comparison to DHM kits. Is the manifold? worth it to you?

Curious what exhaust was on it for that graph. A catless dp and 3" exhaust could see that graph shift back left a bit, or even open up on both ends. Particularly if they were using a stock downpipe. (on my phone, so I may have missed it)

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I saw the Gen2 GTX being mentioned, it doesn't spool any faster than the Gen1, it just has more top end.

Add an $800 manifold to the price of the Mountune, that's more of a fair price comparison to DHM kits. Is the manifold? worth it to you?
Have you seen how DHM has been getting the Gen 2 GTX360r kits to perform? Not sure why anyone would want a hybrid turbo compared to these.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #54
Curious what exhaust was on it for that graph. A catless dp and 3" exhaust could see that graph shift back left a bit, or even open up on both ends. Particularly if they were using a stock downpipe. (on my phone, so I may have missed it)

Yeah they haven't released any info on their dyno charts.
Definitely need to see some graphs from people running it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Likely the MOuntune DP, CBE and intake, possibly their cold and hot side charge pipe. I think its a stepping stone from their MR230 (again a guess only)

^ good point. And so at that, a catless dp and 3" should increase spool at least some, which should shift the curve. We'll have to wait and see some real world numbers, I guess.

Butterybunz

I had the ATP GT2554R, the kit was lag city compared to stock. Took a lot of the fun out of the car. The bigger wheel within this 2554R will only help top end, spool will be essentially the same.

If you want 300whp or less, a hybrid is your best option. If you want 300+ then look into DHM kits.

I love more options hitting the market, but a slightly modified 2554R is not groundbreaking or a competitive option with what's already out there.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #58
I had the ATP GT2554R, the kit was lag city compared to stock. Took a lot of the fun out of the car. The bigger wheel within this 2554R will only help top end, spool will be essentially the same.

If you want 300whp or less, a hybrid is your best option. If you want 300+ then look into DHM kits.

I love more options hitting the market, but a slightly modified 2554R is not groundbreaking or a competitive option with what's already out there.
If the spool is indeed crap, then yeah you're correct.
I won't count it out until I see customer data and reviews though

Butterybunz

If the spool is indeed crap, then yeah you're correct.
I won't count it out until I see customer data and reviews though

Look where peak torque is being made for both turbos, that says it all.

Mountune

X47

I plan on picking this up, but want to wait until some others go first to sort out any issues.

That being said, I have the MR230 pack and have had no issues whatsoever with it, so I fully trust Mountune's testing.