Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

IF you are running the factory down pipe and manifold (and maybe even a factory stock intake/IC piping, to fool them even more yet), HOW can the inspection Nazis tell if you are running an external factory appearing HYBID, with bigger internal components/porting??[???:)]

PLEASE do not tell me that they pull your snail off at every emissions inspection and compare it to a factory example they have laying around (or to an internet image or such)!! [crazyeye]
To clarify, I wasn't asking if the smog technician can tell whether or not you have an aftermarket hybrid turbo. I inquired about CARB-legal status and the $ side of it makes sense (but it makes it ridiculously annoying for CA residents).
Also - if you've never had a CA smog, the you haven't the faintest idea what we're dealing with over here...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also - if you've never had a CA smog, the you haven't the faintest idea what we're dealing with over here...
I KNOW that they are ideologically, Gestapo-like, DRACONIAN in their quests, but I do not know just HOW FAR they can and do take that concept, due to time and money constraints on them from the state, IF any (concerning the emissions inspections). [wink]

I KNOW that they are ideologically, Gestapo-like, DRACONIAN in their quests, but I do not know just HOW FAR they can and do take that concept, due to time and money constraints on them from the state, IF any (concerning the emissions inspections). [wink]
The smog shops make money by doing their job properly. They are checked by surprise (undercover inspector) visits and fined heavily if they don't do their job.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The smog shops make money by doing their job properly. They are checked by surprise (undercover inspector) visits and fined heavily if they don't do their job.
Granted, but are they exorbitantly fined by those 'Republik Of Kali' undercover inspectors for NOT completely pulling off factory appearing turbos and checking their internals, turbine/wheel sizes?? [???:)]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Republic?they ain't no republic....far from it and their room of Doom B.s..... More like The Bark eaters of Kali.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here in Mn they saw no benefits of the Room of Doom and folded them up like a cheap lawn chair from Wally world!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Republic?they ain't no republic....far from it and their room of Doom B.s..... More like The Bark eaters of Kali.

I did not mean for this to get political AT ALL, and was just razzing them a little on their draconian environmentalism, which, recalling their BROWN skies of yesteryear, IS somewhat justified. [wink]

Granted, but are they exorbitantly fined by those 'Republik Of Kali' undercover inspectors for NOT completely pulling off factory appearing turbos and checking their internals, turbine/wheel sizes?? [???:)]
I'm not the right person to state what they will and will not do. I have been avoiding that because there is some degree of variability. I think the point I'm trying to make it is that they can be very anal. They will inquire about ANYTHING they see that is abnormal. Take that for what it's worth and let's go back to MRX discussion. If I had a '17 I would jump on this or the new Tune+ turbo since I'd be smog exempt for a while, but I've got a '14 and just not totally sure.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did not mean for this to get political AT ALL, and was just razzing them a little on their draconian environmentalism, which, recalling their BROWN skies of yesteryear, IS somewhat justified. [wink]
No PC here....Room of Doom=joke ....watch out for those bark eaters.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No PC here....Room of Doom=joke ....watch out for those bark eaters.

I call them 'lichen kissers', in a good-natured way, but I am also NO FAN AT ALL of the neo-Nazi/fascist right wing direction this country is heading in, just to be clear!! [nono]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I call them 'lichen kissers', in a good-natured way, but I am also NO FAN AT ALL of the neo-Nazi/fascist right wing direction this country is heading in, just to be clear!! [nono]
Just keep in mind....The fascists are the ones who are shutting down free speech....taking down monuments to erase the past history.....thats what the Nazis did...to the non Aryan. And keep in mind hate speech is still protected....just turn it off or leave....simple as that. And back to fiesta talk!

So.... 'bout that new turbo. Between this, the x37/x47 and the new Vargas/tune+, there are a ton of options showing up for those of us looking for freight train canyon carvers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So.... 'bout that new turbo. Between this, the x37/x47 and the new Vargas/tune+, there are a ton of options showing up for those of us looking for freight train canyon carvers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
[thumb]

By the time I am ready for/can afford an aftermarket turbo setup, there may actually be TOO MANY choices out there for our platform, if the progress keeps up at this rate! [:)]