Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #501
What kind of airflow numbers is everyone seeing? Im seeing about 27lb min which to be honest. IS weak
I'd have to look. But I'm still making 300 whp on pump so idgaf [emoji23][emoji23]

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
You need to put it on a dyno. Road surface can mean a world of diff. On 27lbs a min....you arent making 300. Just gna say it. Ive spoken with a few different tuners and they seem to agree. Could be wrong but im seeing more and more datalogs that suggest otherwise. Even seen a few on e30.

LEts upload some datalogs!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #504
You need to put it on a dyno. Road surface can mean a world of diff. On 27lbs a min....you arent making 300. Just gna say it. Ive spoken with a few different tuners and they seem to agree. Could be wrong but im seeing more and more datalogs that suggest otherwise. Even seen a few on e30.

LEts upload some datalogs!
Uhm, Ed put his on a dyno and made 300 to the wheel on pump. Soooo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it apart. Fire ring made no difference. It was the vband the first time. Just put it back together and it still leaks. I can’t get the stupid vband seated.
I had the same problem. Brace the turbo or have someone hold it from below, disconnect dp and Intake elbow. Get the turbo seated clean against the manifold, snug the vband, reinstall all the other shit. I did mine with the manifold not fully torqued down, but I'm not sure that's the safest route.

I had the same problem. Brace the turbo or have someone hold it from below, disconnect dp and Intake elbow. Get the turbo seated clean against the manifold, snug the vband, reinstall all the other shit. I did mine with the manifold not fully torqued down, but I'm not sure that's the safest route.

Okay thank you! I’ll try that when it comes in!

Okay thank you! I’ll try that when it comes in!
I got that advice from Tyler at Mountune btw, hes got some good pictures of the hose routing too. Another piece of advice, hook up all the turbo vacuum lines BEFORE installing it. Having to hook up the wastegate line post-turbo install was brutal. Routing the lines from the wastegate and intake elbow can be tricky too, watch out for hot things and the axle.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yep. E30 tune, x47+, cpe intake, MTC intercooler, depo catless

Any. Guestimate on what kinda whp that translates to?

Have a friend that's debating the mrx kit or rebuilding his x47 with a bad seal
Well from what ive been seeing in this hot humid air about 25-27 lbs a min. In cool air i Think it would push 29-31. ITs got a solid mid range (MRX). high 200's--->290ish

Well from what ive been seeing in this hot humid air about 25-27 lbs a min. In cool air i Think it would push 29-31. ITs got a solid mid range (MRX). high 200's--->290ish
So a x47 on e30 and the mrx on 93 are probably pretty similar peak power wise? Will be interesting to see if someone runs aux fuel and ethanol blend with the mrx.