Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

What's the basis of your comparison...did you ride in the GT2554r? The only comparison that can be done IMO is riding in both and then making a judgment call.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I could tell you i have and leave it at that, but I haven't. I've got no reason to lie. I can say that all the videos of the atp2554r's I've seen have a much slower response in comparison to my MRX and that's one of the reasons for the custom wheel on the MRX. It would be nice to see the same car put both turbo on the car and tune them as fair as as possible to get that answer for you, but i bet we'll see planet X before we see that happen. Lol. When im finished with revisions, i will post some video's to help compare.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,228
Just soaked everything in liquid wrench for overnight, hopefully have the snail off tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my MRX kit installed...ran 12psi on slot 1 tune. Got an exhaust leak tick, tightened up manifold bolts and vband all the way, made no difference. Anyone else struggle with exhaust leaks?

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,232
Installed and running! Starting the logs with randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antarctica24

I got mine installed today, Finishing up plumbing tomorrow. I still am on the hunt for the guy that designed this turbo. The whole water line on the back of the turbo, mmmmmmmm if I find him.

Got my MRX kit installed...ran 12psi on slot 1 tune. Got an exhaust leak tick, tightened up manifold bolts and vband all the way, made no difference. Anyone else struggle with exhaust leaks?
Go back and check to see if the fire rings are seated correctly on the turbo and downpipe. When installing my turbo, the v-band looks like it was completely sealed, but still needed to be pressed further up. There's only a couple places it can leak from.

antarctica24

Go back and check to see if the fire rings are seated correctly on the turbo and downpipe. When installing my turbo, the v-band looks like it was completely sealed, but still needed to be pressed further up. There's only a couple places it can leak from.
When I did mine I installed the turbo I the manifold outside of the car and then put them back in together. That’s the easiest way to make sure it’s seated correctly.

When I did mine I installed the turbo I the manifold outside of the car and then put them back in together. That’s the easiest way to make sure it’s seated correctly.
Yea I would have to agree with you on that. Trying to muscle the turbo in position with one hand and tighten the clamp with the other was not fun. Thankfully I've got arms like Mr. Fantastic so I was able to maneuver around to make it work lol.