Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Ok, then appears yours is off as well. A 17 lbs spring should yield 17 psi with a maximum of 34psi with a boost controller. If your running on slot 1 spring only tune, you should max out at 17. I guess I am taking mine off again to re-adjust.
There are too many variables to expect to see a dead-nuts 17PSI every time man, you'll drive yourself crazy chasing it. If it's coming that close, it's accurate.

You're not talking about a scientific instrument here.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,262
There are too many variables to expect to see a dead-nuts 17PSI every time man, you'll drive yourself crazy chasing it. If it's coming that close, it's accurate.

You're not talking about a scientific instrument here.
No no, it’s got to be exact! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kost

Hello everyone ,

I've been a lurker for some time on the forum but now i feel it's time to step in because i have some questions regarding the MRX turbo upgrade.

I've read a lot of posts in this thread, but I just want to make sure with some points .

First of all , i have a 2015 FiST and I'm running Cobb stage 3 with this setup:

Cobb FMIC + Cobb Hard Pipe
Injen CAI
Cobb Catted DP
MBRP 3in cat-back
Fswerk short-shift kit

As you can see, nothing special here. My question is, do you guys think i will have any problem to install the MRX turbo upgrade with this setup?

I know it was designed to fit with OEM parts , but from what I read , I might have some problem to install it with aftermarket parts.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and to answer me!

Btw sorry for my English, it's not my first language.

The only thing that may give you problems is the hot side pipe. I think you will have to use mountunes

Hello everyone ,

I've been a lurker for some time on the forum but now i feel it's time to step in because i have some questions regarding the MRX turbo upgrade.

I've read a lot of posts in this thread, but I just want to make sure with some points .

Injen CAI
Cobb Catted DP
MBRP 3in cat-back
Fswerk short-shift kit

As you can see, nothing special here. My question is, do you guys think i will have any problem to install the MRX turbo upgrade with this setup?

I know it was designed to fit with OEM parts , but from what I read , I might have some problem to install it with aftermarket parts.

You have better English than most Americans, don't be sorry be proud! Everything will work with what you have now, besides the hot side charge pipe that already comes with the kit. I'm also using the Injen intake and it fits fine. Some people remove the exhaust manifold to get to the turbo easier. If thats the case for you then I would suggest a new gasket for it. The fire ring gasket for the turbo and downpipe are reusable but you could also get those too. The main thing I would get are coolant hose clamps on Amazon for like $7. It makes your job much easier and cleaner.

antarctica24

Hello everyone ,

Injen CAI
Cobb Catted DP
MBRP 3in cat-back
Fswerk short-shift kit

A couple of pointers

First you can use any of these pieces with the mrx kit. You may have to modify a pipe and get an extra piece of coupling but it will work.

Second you will save yourself a lot of headache if you take the water pipes mrx sells with the kit and throw them in the trash and get you some -6 AN nitrous oultlet 24” hoses and a 5/8” female with straight barb connector for the return and a 3/8 same for the feed from the car tubes and just get 2 -6 AN make to make adapters. The guy at Mountune who designed this setup should have checked out atp’s site and what they did. The aluminum pipes buy you nothing but misery.

I went one step further and got me some earl performance quick disconnects.

Go ahead when your order and ask them to apply your Mountune bucks from the purchase towards the upgraded wastegate.

I have the map hotside pipe I just had to cut the pipe in half and use a 45 to change the angle.

If you need help drop me a pm

Kost

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...1507225719&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

These are what I used. You can even use locking pliers if you have some. I used one on the coolant feed line. But I cut a slit down some vacuum line and put it on by pliars for some cushion.
Thank you very much for your answer. So basically, i won't be able to use the hot side charge pipe that I already have, but there is one that come with the MRX kit so I don't have to buy anything else. Right? Also, I will definitely take a look at those hose clamps , anything to make my life easier! :D

Thank you very much for your answer. So basically, i won't be able to use the hot side charge pipe that I already have, but there is one that come with the MRX kit so I don't have to buy anything else. Right? Also, I will definitely take a look at those hose clamps , anything to make my life easier! :D
Yup, you are right! [twothumb]

antarctica24

Sooo, .. A new wastetgate, but STILL no numbers of ACTUAL performance over stock, or mp215. Aside from using some program to "bench race" why won't anyone... ANYONE who has installed this equipment publish some REAL WORLD figures for

0-60 times or
1/4 times?

Is it that no one is willing to run the tests because.. .. .. because.... .. uh, WHY is it ? too hard on equipment? No venue? .. .. ..

To me, Vdyno figures don't mean a thing compared to a real world test. ... reminds me of stereo testing back in the day.. .. X% total harmonic distortion means nothing if you can't HEAR a difference. .. If a new wastegate doesn't produce a measurable time change in real world testing, it makes no difference. .

I still plan to get this kit, I just don't understand EVERYONE'S unwillingness to test and publish figures.

PLEASE?
Same here as Brura22, I dont drag my car, but if your willing to accept what the access port states, I am post that once I get my wastegate adjusted correctly and back in the car, Im happy to do a run using the access port.

I am a little confused about what your looking for? This kit is making from 275/275 to 299/299 give a take depending on where you are, how cold the air is, the altitude and the fuel. We all know that the vdyno is a joke, however and but, what were are finding with the new HP figures from the access port, vdyno is within 3 percent.

All of the turbos for this car are going to do roughly the same thing give or take 1000rpm. Its not like there is some magical turbo being built. None of the hybrids save the 47R are making much over 300 if at all on 93 and there isnt going to be a turbo that is going to make much over 300 on 93.

You have to use e30, or race gas, or meth, or water injection to get over that mark. So what is it that your looking for?

antarctica24

To add to this topic of seeing data, even the x47 which has sold far more units doesn't offer what you're looking for. You can look through all 95+ pages and maybe see 1 or 2 1/4 mile times posted. The rest of it is just v-dyno data. While I agree with you that v-dynos don't mean a ton, even 'real world tests' only tell you how that turbo performs for that 1 person, it tells you no more than a vdyno would about how that turbo would perform at your specific temperature, altitude, driving ability, road conditions, mods etc etc.
Dont forget, it only tells you what that person did with x bolt ons, and at a specific altitude, and temp and barometric pressure.

antarctica24

No no, it’s got to be exact! Hahahaha

You two are hilarious [smackbum]

Keeping in mind this is my FIRST turbo and certainly first time dealing with a wastegate that needs to be adjusted. I have to take it off and readjust it as I am only hitting 14psi. I probably loosened it. Using Brua22's picture of his installed is probably a good indication of where everything should be. Im waiting on my replacement waterlines as I am not dealing with this water pipes any more. As soon as they get here, Ill take it back off and readjust.

Zormecteon

Same here as Brura22, I dont drag my car, but if your willing to accept what the access port states, I am post that once I get my wastegate adjusted correctly and back in the car, Im happy to do a run using the access port.

/QUOTE]

I'm just looking for ballpark figures. I realize that there are many variables including but not limited to; tires, road surface, temperature, humidity, fuel grade, reaction time, star alignment, moon phase, sea level, etc, etc etc,..... which is why there is so much variation in different magazines published figures and those supplied by the manufacturer. .. I get it. I'm not asking for anyone to abuse their car and give the absolute lowest attainable figure, I'm just after some sort of reference...

It's a know your opposition kind of thing. It's easy to look up nearly any cars published figures and know before you line up at a stop light if you have a chance or they don't have a chance or it will be close depending upon driver, but with only extrapolated horsepower and torque figures, I don't know if I have a chance (on the street) against a 5 series BMW, or a Lexus SUV.

Thank you for your kind offer. DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING.. DO NOT RISK ANYTHING, DO NOT WEAR OUT YOUR TIRES, clutch, breaks, or blow up your tranny, just a ballpark figure that could be used for comparison.

This turbo hauls a$$. Torque steers like crazy. Will spin the fronts in 1st and 2nd. You give up a little on the bottom end but 3500-redline is awesome. It’s a 1.6L engine with near 300hp...damn nice kit for the money!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,275
You two are hilarious [smackbum]

Keeping in mind this is my FIRST turbo and certainly first time dealing with a wastegate that needs to be adjusted. I have to take it off and readjust it as I am only hitting 14psi. I probably loosened it. Using Brua22's picture of his installed is probably a good indication of where everything should be. Im waiting on my replacement waterlines as I am not dealing with this water pipes any more. As soon as they get here, Ill take it back off and readjust.
I do hate those water lines...

Ive got the new wastegate coming now. I'm trying to summon the courage to put my car back up on the jack stands...Randy paused the tunes until I get it all hooked up. Ill throw my car back on the dyno once I get the tuning totally complete.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,279
This shit is spooling too fast for me rn.
I’m also peaking at 27 psi every pull.
Praise the WG lords.