Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

felopr

To that effect I was hoping that all of you guys that already have MRX kits could help me out. I am currently amassing all of the parts that I will need to do a MRX upgrade. I’m trying to have everything ready to take the car from basically stock and do all my upgrades at once. So far I have:
Thermal R&D exhaust
Whoosh catless dp
Whoosh intercooler
COBB AP
One step colder plugs gapped .27
Velossa Tech Big Mouth
Whoosh induction hose
Whoosh boost hoses
Is there anything critical that I’m missing? Also does anyone have links to the step by step install walkthroughs for the MRX? The ST is my first turbo project car so I’m a little sketchy on doing the swap but I’m alright turning a wrench so I’m hoping I can handle it.
yeah, a BOV since the MRX doesnt have a internal BOV like stock turbo

yeah, a BOV since the MRX doesnt have a internal BOV like stock turbo
Ah yes I should have mentioned I intend to get the mountune bov when I order the kit. I remember seeing someone mention in the x47 thread that they bought all of the associated gaskets from ford before they swapped their turbo, any thoughts on that or did most of you re use your factory gaskets?

felopr

Ah yes I should have mentioned I intend to get the mountune bov when I order the kit. I remember seeing someone mention in the x47 thread that they bought all of the associated gaskets from ford before they swapped their turbo, any thoughts on that or did most of you re use your factory gaskets?
i wonder if anyone here running the MRX or even the x47 is using that BOV, i would love to hear a sound clip of it.
Does it sound like same as a vee port or what

Quisp

1000 Post Club
T shirt driving on YouTube has a complete tutorial on installation. Why chance a leak and all that work on a couple dollar gasket ?

jeff

2000 Post Club
T shirt driving on YouTube has a complete tutorial on installation. Why chance a leak and all that work on a couple dollar gasket ?
Actually, his installation is for the Puma turbo. The MRX has the V band and a few other differences which require more intel than Pete’s videos.

I’m still disappointed with the lack of info on this part. Lots of hype but little valuable info here.

deego

Actually, his installation is for the Puma turbo. The MRX has the V band and a few other differences which require more intel than Pete’s videos.

I’m still disappointed with the lack of info on this part. Lots of hype but little valuable info here.
Hey Jeff first post here, but I’ve got the kit with the new wastegate and it’s going on in the spring. So, a little more waiting but I’ll have charts to share in a couple months.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey Jeff first post here, but I’ve got the kit with the new wastegate and it’s going on in the spring. So, a little more waiting but I’ll have charts to share in a couple months.
That's awesome deego, good luck with the install and I look forward to your results. My buddy Brian has this setup and loves it, kick comes a bit later but when it does it's a beast.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the forum.

i wonder if anyone here running the MRX or even the x47 is using that BOV, i would love to hear a sound clip of it.
Does it sound like same as a vee port or what
I have it. No sound clip though. It's reasonably quiet unless you're really on it. Way quieter than (for example) a Boomba BOV adapter on the stock turbo and it doesn't make weird noises like some of the others (HKS?).

felopr

I have it. No sound clip though. It's reasonably quiet unless you're really on it. Way quieter than (for example) a Boomba BOV adapter on the stock turbo and it doesn't make weird noises like some of the others (HKS?).
would love a sound clip if you can one day, thanks

Yes...they are more than adequate!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Helped make my decision between cat or no cat with your answer.

Turbo arrived last week, now I’m just making sure I have all I need to have this install go as smoothly as possible. :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks!

Helped make my decision between cat or no cat with your answer.

Turbo arrived last week, now I’m just making sure I have all I need to have this install go as smoothly as possible. :)
Now you just have to figure out who to use for tuning....or just use mountune.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

would love a sound clip if you can one day, thanks
Your wish is my command: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR19vz9HIdM.

Windows were up, fan off when I recorded this. At the end when the BOV was audible, I shifted at 4500 RPM at roughly 3/4 throttle. I'm on snow tires right now, so I can't go much more than that and maintain traction. More throttle and more revs makes it louder but the character of the sound is the same.

felopr

Your wish is my command: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR19vz9HIdM.

Windows were up, fan off when I recorded this. At the end when the BOV was audible, I shifted at 4500 RPM at roughly 3/4 throttle. I'm on snow tires right now, so I can't go much more than that and maintain traction. More throttle and more revs makes it louder but the character of the sound is the same.
Thanks for the video man

To that effect I was hoping that all of you guys that already have MRX kits could help me out. I am currently amassing all of the parts that I will need to do a MRX upgrade. I’m trying to have everything ready to take the car from basically stock and do all my upgrades at once. So far I have:
Thermal R&D exhaust
Whoosh catless dp
Whoosh intercooler
COBB AP
One step colder plugs gapped .27
Velossa Tech Big Mouth
Whoosh induction hose
Whoosh boost hoses
Is there anything critical that I’m missing? Also does anyone have links to the step by step install walkthroughs for the MRX? The ST is my first turbo project car so I’m a little sketchy on doing the swap but I’m alright turning a wrench so I’m hoping I can handle it.
Late reply, but get a set of crow's feet sockets. The coolant lines are hardlines, and in the process of installing the turbo I found that it was way easier to leave the lines partially tightened at the turbo but loose enough to rotate. Then tightened the bottom coolant line from below with a long set of extensions and crows foot. The top one is easy to get to so no worries there.

Late reply, but get a set of crow's feet sockets. The coolant lines are hardlines, and in the process of installing the turbo I found that it was way easier to leave the lines partially tightened at the turbo but loose enough to rotate. Then tightened the bottom coolant line from below with a long set of extensions and crows foot. The top one is easy to get to so no worries there.
Those lines were a pain. ATP sells braided lines that you can use instead.