Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Is there an actual vdyno posted by someone here? Have I missed something?
Posted below is Bruras V-Dyno results and posted under that is Mountunes Dyno results to compare...Both show torque peaks close to ~5000rpm where boost appears to peak as well...Fairly consistent peak torque rpm values seen between v-dyno and actual dyno results....

Here's the final 91 oct revision.

307 WHP at sea level with 91 oct e0-10% gas from New Mexico.

Mountune MRX Dyno Results

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Posted below is Bruras V-Dyno results and posted under that is Mountunes dyno results to compare...Both show torque peaks close to ~5000rpm where boost appears to peak as well...Fairly consistent peak torque rpm values seen between v-dyno and actual dyno results....
Thanks!

Do we have any airflow numbers? Are these moving 31 lbs/min or more?

Also, lets get right to the numbers - after the accelerator pedal hits 100%, how long before 'peak' boost is achieved?

I've got 2.693 seconds at 23.32psi and I hit WOT at 0.816 seconds - giving me a 'lag' time of 1.877 seconds.

Doing a second calculation on a different datalog gives me 1.951 seconds of 'lag' time until 'peak' boost of 24.4 psi was achieved.

Can someone with an MRX fill in the blanks for me?

I've got ____ seconds at ____psi and I hit WOT at ____ seconds - giving me a 'lag' time of _____ seconds.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I've got 2.693 seconds at 23.32psi and I hit WOT at 0.816 seconds - giving me a 'lag' time of 1.877 seconds.

Doing a second calculation on a different datalog gives me 1.951 seconds of 'lag' time until 'peak' boost of 24.4 psi was achieved.

I've got ____ seconds at ____psi and I hit WOT at ____ seconds - giving me a 'lag' time of _____ seconds.
lol WHAT!?

Thanks!

Do we have any airflow numbers? Are these moving 31 lbs/min or more?

Also, lets get right to the numbers - after the accelerator pedal hits 100%, how long before 'peak' boost is achieved?

For point of reference, what is a stock car's numbers?

jeff

2000 Post Club
A noble goal that I once aimed for... I wish you both better luck than I had.
Thanks. It's nice to hear from you and I like your new signature. And you have nothing to prove and it is good to have you back around.

They're trying to describe driveability with data. I could be wrong, though.
Yes this is the idea.

My class has long since disappeared. I'll tell you...POST EDITED...can't spell to your face and I've come to expect nothing less of the world.
I see you edited your post because my email notification of your response has a much different set of words. I agree with your first version, I am an asshole much of the time. As to your other comments, I believe there is something good in everyone.

I see you are asking for data a few posts down so maybe you can do the comparison, I would look forward to that.

i make more power with my MRX at less lb moved than my c39.
I realize that you still hold a fairly high opinion of that turbo's performance, but I think at this point you are the minority by a large margain. It may not be the best idea to say 'my new turbo puts out better power than the old turbo that has become infamous for mass failures'.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I realize that you still hold a fairly high opinion of that turbo's performance, but I think at this point you are the minority by a large margain. It may not be the best idea to say 'my new turbo puts out better power than the old turbo that has become infamous for mass failures'.
Im trying to be nice but yall arent making it easy. My turbo never failed, it performed as it should have and it did. It made 270ish all day every day for 16k miles and is working well with its new owner. It never failed. So it is a gd basis. This is the free pass.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thanks. It's nice to hear from you and I like your new signature. And you have nothing to prove and it is good to have you back around.

Yes this is the idea.

I see you edited your post because my email notification of your response has a much different set of words. I agree with your first version, I am an asshole much of the time. As to your other comments, I believe there is something good in everyone.

I see you are asking for data a few posts down so maybe you can do the comparison, I would look forward to that.
I don't edit anything - the mods follow me around and modify my posts without my knowledge. So, take anything you read with a grain of salt. I've probably posted something much more offensive and had it edited for the masses.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I dont race at low rpm's. I dont want low rpm power. Everyone concerned with lag. Try this on....i make more power with my MRX at less lb moved than my c39.
It's not about racing - I don't either - this is simply a log requested by the tuner for their viewing and modification of the tune. I'm going on the assumption that all tuners will request the same thing essentially - low rpm, hit WOT and the let off at red line.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I don't edit anything - the mods follow me around and modify my posts without my knowledge. So, take anything you read with a grain of salt. I've probably posted something much more offensive and had it edited for the masses.

On occasion posts that contain name calling and overtly offensive language are edited or removed at the discretion of the Admin / Moderator without having to remove the entire post...As long as you make an attempt to communicate in a mature responsible manner without the name calling and harsh language then we don't have a problem with posts...

We're all grownups here and we just ask that everyone acts like one...

Ok..lets get back on topic...thanks!

Im trying to be nice but yall arent making it easy. My turbo never failed, it performed as it should have and it did. It made 270ish all day every day for 16k miles and is working well with its new owner. It never failed. So it is a gd basis. This is the free pass.
Dude you're missing the point. I have no doubt that your turbo never failed and put out good power. But you're still comparing the MRX to what is widely accepted as a failed product, not exactly the best arguement.

jeff

2000 Post Club
yes....On occasion posts that contain name calling and overtly offensive language are remove at the discretion of the admin/ moderator without having to remove the entire post...As long as you make an attempt to communicate in a mature responsible manner without the name calling and harsh language then we don't have a problem...

We're all grownups here and we just ask that everyone acts like one...

thanks!
It is sad that you have to spend your time following people around and editing their posts to be user friendly.

I do appreciate the role as moderator though.

You guys enjoy MRX discussion, I'm getting outta here and moving on to talk about my turbo!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
It is sad that you have to spend your time following people around and editing their posts to be user friendly.

I do appreciate the role as moderator though.
I really don't follow any one around but in this case I do enjoy following this thread and the progress made on turbo's along with the spirited discussions and debate that follows....

Most edits actually are initiated by other members sending me PM's or reporting posts as offensive or not appropriate...We review the compliant and decide if any action is necessary, and if so, we remove the post or just edit out the offensive part...

If anyone wants to discuss further feel free to PM me as not to go of topic any further in this thread...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK ..Let's get back to the MRX Turbo discussion...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Dude you're missing the point. I have no doubt that your turbo never failed and put out good power. But you're still comparing the MRX to what is widely accepted as a failed product, not exactly the best arguement.
Alright here we go. What the hell difference does it make if some turbos failed? We are talking about power nothing else. Power wise the MRX is making more. THE END. Damn, quit making a castle out of an ant hill. the Argument you have is the C39 had failures and the MRX doesnt better not compare the power outputs. [scratch]

Imagine a chevy commercial where they say 'our new chevy cruze will not require any recalls like the last model did'. Is that really a good selling feature? I realize you're trying to strictly look at the numbers, but nobody else here is looking at it the same way, we're all thinking 'ok its nice that the MRX makes better power than a turbo that fails all the time, how about we compare it to something reliable.' Don't get so emotionally attached to your past investments, nobody here is attacking you.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Imagine a chevy commercial where they say 'our new chevy cruze will not require any recalls like the last model did'. Is that really a good selling feature? I realize you're trying to strictly look at the numbers, but nobody else here is looking at it the same way, we're all thinking 'ok its nice that the MRX makes better power than a turbo that fails all the time, how about we compare it to something reliable.' Don't get so emotionally attached to your past investments, nobody here is attacking you.
Congratulations! You have typed the dumbest thing I've read all day. A prize not taken lightly. Yea because you know what everyone is thinking and how they compare things. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

P.s. What the hell difference does it make if the C39 was reliable? Power is power. It made X power and the MRX made X power. Compare. That fucking simple.

K dude. love how you manage to get offended in every thread you partake in. Whatever, hopefully SS reappears so you can buy his products again, cause I'd be willing to bet that you would.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The way they make it sound makes you think or expect something unrealistic IMHO. I don't think they even recommend setting the limiter that high so that is waaaaaayyyyy misleading. Yes it "makes power" of course, so does a mouse on a mouse wheel - but it does not keep peak power that long. My logs have mine pretty consistent at 25-25.5 until 6k and then it tapers to 24psi until cutoff at 6,500. Of course that's because of my tuner but he has tuned it safely. I suppose it could do more but it would be at the expense of reliability.

But subjectively, it definitely "pulls hard to redline", no doubt.

The thing about the X47s is there are hardly any real dyno graphs out there from 3rd party sources so it's hard to believe this or that. I'm hoping with both the MRX and X47 and the new Vargas, as the months roll on, we get more real dynos of what the cars are doing....I'll be posting one later this fall. Like I've said before I'm fully expecting 275-280 for both hp and tq.
THANK YOU for that honest answer! [thumb]

Yes, at least part of that query was disbelief that these (factory, NOT built) engines could even handle repeated 7500 rev pulls without grenading, let alone whether the Pumaspeed snails could still make any extra power (or even not drop off drastically) up there or not, even IF the long block were 'built'.

At this point I am glad that I MUST hold off on a turbo upgrade due to finances, since it allows for more time for the suppliers to R&D, and bring to market, many more variants and improvements to the current crop. ;)