Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Brib

I am working on my install this weekend, and had a few questions. I had the stock recirc valve and bought the kompact bov. Can someone give me a quick run down of where and what vacuum lines to attack to the turbo,reference block, and stock 3 port solenoid?

I can't find any instructions online for installation, so I am a little confused about installing the v-band on the manifold and a few other things. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

antarctica24

As a complete novice I will say it was a chore. I had to assemble, unassemble, reassemble, etc. multiple times to get everything on properly. With that said Tyler at Mountune helped tremendously with any troubleshooting questions I had. I doubt I put it on 100% how they drew it up, but its on there, its functional (so far!), and for an amateur job Im pretty stoked. Im still in the midst of the tuning process, but so far so good!
I will be amateur #2. I hope to start my install next weekend. Im in the mist of having the exhaust side of the turbo housing and manifold ceramic coated.

I think you have to put this in perspective. Yes they are different, however, this is not an OTS 2554R. It has a custom 11 blade fan, and if you look at the graph supplied by Mountune, it is saying 275, my buddy in Raleigh just got the 2nd tune from Randy at Mountune and he is knocking on 300/300 on 93. Their waiting for the temp to come down to the 70's to do another run. Being the only car out here over 175,000 miles, I have a lot of driving on this car, with a stage 3 setup. All of the torque down low is a lot of fun,......fun spinning the wheels that is, blowwing off rubber, lots of torque steer. I guess fun is in the eye of the beholder. This turbo pull s like freight train all the way to 7000. And you can drive it. The way it spins up it is so much more manageable than my current setup and in my opinion more fun to drive. Im not saying the x47 or DHM's setup are bad, they each their place. This one was configured and designed by a company that has been doing this so much longer than the others and they started with a housing that had been around even longer. Sometimes you just have to go with experience. That doesnt mean the others are not capable of delivering great product. There are lots of customer reviews about how great their products are. But when it comes down to it, if your making 300 ft lbs of torque at 2500 rpm, and its not a rear drive car, you are having to manhandle the car. The mountune graph is the nicest smoothest looking turbo graph of everything that has been put forth so far and from a company that has decades of experience over everyone else in this segment and this brand. I had an x-47 right here, and I sold it and went with the Mountune.
If you were to keep reading, you would see I've actually posted that I may have "stuck my foot in my mouth" with what i said in the previous posts. It doesn't matter what my opinion about any turbo is unless ive been asked, and i wasnt, lol.To be 100% honest, i wish I never posted anything in this thread and continued to watch it like an episode of "The View". If anyone wants go mountune, dhm, or whatever, then by all means go for it. [drinking]

Brib

I am working on my install this weekend, and had a few questions. I had the stock recirc valve and bought the kompact bov. Can someone give me a quick run down of where and what vacuum lines to attack to the turbo,reference block, and stock 3 port solenoid?

I can't find any instructions online for installation, so I am a little confused about installing the v-band on the manifold and a few other things. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Follow up question, there is a nipple to install in one of the elbow fittings. Does it go into the intake elbow, or the charge pipe elbow?

antarctica24

If you were to keep reading, you would see I've actually posted that I may have "stuck my foot in my mouth" with what i said in the previous posts. It doesn't matter what my opinion about any turbo is unless ive been asked, and i wasnt, lol.To be 100% honest, i wish I never posted anything in this thread and continued to watch it like an episode of "The View". If anyone wants go mountune, dhm, or whatever, then by all means go for it. [drinking]
Bretley, I wasn't trying to come down on you and if I came off that way I apologize. There is a lot of that going around. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion otherwise we would all drive the same car right? All you can really do is take what you know and apply it. Everyone likes to question everyone else's opinion on these forums and everyone is an expert. The 3 of us obviously thought there was something to this kit which is why we bought it. All the kits do the same think, they all add extra power. I think what's dumps is we will pay 1800.00 for less than 100 hp. And every single person on this forum who has upgraded their turbo has done the same or worse. I think in reality including the stage 3 setup it's more like 4000.00 for about 50ft lbs and 2000 for the other 50. And everyone is so worked up about how much of the 15 ho we all can get under the curve. That's what's dumb.

Follow up question, there is a nipple to install in one of the elbow fittings. Does it go into the intake elbow, or the charge pipe elbow?
The nipple goes into the intake elbow. On the bottom side is best. As for where all the vacuum hoses go you can e-mail Mountune (specifically a fella named Tyler) and he had an excellent diagram for running all the vacuum hoses and to where. Or you can wait and Ill scan it this weekend and post it on here.

Brib

The nipple goes into the intake elbow. On the bottom side is best. As for where all the vacuum hoses go you can e-mail Mountune (specifically a fella named Tyler) and he had an excellent diagram for running all the vacuum hoses and to where. Or you can wait and Ill scan it this weekend and post it on here.
I would really appreciate the scan. Even just a phone picture of it would be extremely helpful.

While I am bugging you, If you have any advice on mounting the Vband to the manifold, I am all ears :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I would really appreciate the scan. Even just a phone picture of it would be extremely helpful.

While I am bugging you, If you have any advice on mounting the Vband to the manifold, I am all ears :)
Figured Id drop a dime regardless of who's being asked.

If you're interested in saving yourself some time on the struggle bus, take the manifold off. That goes for everyone, actually. Removing another part may seem counterproductive, but space is a premium and removing it is easier than working partially blind in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured Id drop a dime regardless of who's being asked.

If you're interested in saving yourself some time on the struggle bus, take the manifold off. That goes for everyone, actually. Removing another part may seem counterproductive, but space is a premium and removing it is easier than working partially blind in the area.

+1 on this .... I grenaded a bolt on the manifold where the v band flange bolts up so I had to pull mine out and drill it out :/ made for a long night.

Can you reuse the exhaust manifold gasket or should I order an extra one along with extra nuts?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Whomever gets their turbo First...measure the ID of the V-BAND adapter with a micrometer and take a picture of the VBand adapter piece and post it....id like to compare some of my data to their data.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #432
Whomever gets their turbo First...measure the ID of the V-BAND adapter with a micrometer and take a picture of the VBand adapter piece and post it....id like to compare some of my data to their data.

Thanks

Just for shits, I took this pic before install. Vband adapter looking down, placed over turbo. As you can see, much larger than the actual hot side housing inlet [emoji1303][emoji1303]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Brura22....i figured you would have measured it already...one of the others will have to pickup where you left off now silly! It's ok though....i still love you man!

Can you reuse the exhaust manifold gasket or should I order an extra one along with extra nuts?
I reused mine with no issues. Careful with the exhaust bolts though. Use a lot of penetrating oil and be patient because they love to break. Especially down by where the adapter bolts to.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #436
Brura22....i figured you would have measured it already...one of the others will have to pickup where you left off now silly! It's ok though....i still love you man!

Lmao I WAS gonna measure it, but once I saw that it was already larger than both the turbo and exhaust manifold, I stopped caring.
And once I made 300 whp on pump, I stopped caring even more [emoji23]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
How reliable are these cars with 300 whp? I have crap 91 so I probably won't hit that golden number anyways but I already have 70k on my 2015 I drive alot and plan to keep driving the same after this turbo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How reliable are these cars with 300 whp? I have crap 91 so I probably won't hit that golden number anyways but I already have 70k on my 2015 I drive alot and plan to keep driving the same after this turbo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
300 is a walk in the park. You start to think about pistons around 380 mark.

Can't hurt to change it while it's off. Also won't be surprised if some of the studs come out with the nuts lol
I reused mine with no issues. Careful with the exhaust bolts though. Use a lot of penetrating oil and be patient because they love to break. Especially down by where the adapter bolts to.

Awesome. Thanks guys. Gunna start the install next weekend!