Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Did you preload the wastegate to the max? I remember i was getting up to 26 psi on my first map with randy. After my final map I was hitting 28s

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Did you just order from Mountune? Randy will email you with the base tune. Give it 24hrs. I got mine the next business day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you just order from Mountune? Randy will email you with the base tune. Give it 24hrs. I got mine the next business day.

I bought mine July 1st, picked it up at the shop too. I haven't got anything yet. Emailed Dan and used their website contact us and still no base tune haha.

I bought mine July 1st, picked it up at the shop too. I haven't got anything yet. Emailed Dan and used their website contact us and still no base tune haha.
Interestingly enough I have used the mountune USA contact us twice and never received a response both times. Both were questions about the turbo and the kit. Most of which I found out from you gents on the forum but I was still wondering if they were ever inclined to sell JUST the turbo alone. 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Hmm. Not the best experiences with them. I was a bit peeved when I got my stage 1 kit through them, then was notified only at shipping that the filter was out of stock and it would ship in 3-4wks. I received my parts a few days later but I actually got the filter but not the RMM. I replied to the order confirmation email and someone emailed me the next day that they would correct the "paperwork" so I would receive the right part.

If something is not in stock, the website should not say In Stock. Major pet peeve of mine.

It took 9 days for Randy to send me a revision after I sent the datalog. That was over the July 4 holiday and I sent it Friday night, so that's pretty quick I think. And he even sent me 2 revisions on a Sunday because I've been getting some boost surge on part throttle. The revision still has it but with sluggish throttle response so I went back to the base tune.

Another issue is that I have a 2017 model but ordered for a 2016. I didn't think it would be an issue since I don't know of any changes from 16 to 17. I didn't tell Randy until the first revision and he told me he doesn't support the 2017 and found it odd that it worked on my car. I asked if I should switch back to a Cobb OTS map since they do officially support the 2017 and all he said was "well if it works it works then!"

I'm ready to try Stratified.

The nipple goes into the intake elbow. On the bottom side is best. As for where all the vacuum hoses go you can e-mail Mountune (specifically a fella named Tyler) and he had an excellent diagram for running all the vacuum hoses and to where. Or you can wait and Ill scan it this weekend and post it on here.
Were you able to scan that file?

Apparently Randy is out of the office with a family emergency. Called in and got Eric asked for Tyler- Tyler was busy too haha, he'll call me back or email me soon I hope. Hopefully I can get everything lined up before the install this weekend.

EDIT: Tyler called me back promptly then sent me an email with a bunch of tips and tricks, the vacuum line routing pdf and one to adjust the preload on the wastegate. Randy also emailed me later last night too, got the base tune and the PDF for datalogging. I can't wait for this weekend!

That ATP install guide that everyone is talking about is here at the bottom of this link:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-007&Category_Code=FIE

When I do my MRX install I'll do my best to document everything so it makes it a bit easier for future installs for everyone

Last edited:

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Still not impressed to much. On 2nd revision and my c39 felt quicker by a little. It was on e30 though. Will try and run this on e30 and see what happens.

I think this turbo suffers from a weak WG. 11psi isnt going to hold boost up top. Looking into ATP at the 2860 optional wg. Looks the same but is 22psi spring. The hybrids hold boost all the way through the band. This turbo should have no problem. The difference is the 17psi wg the hybrids mostly come with.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
3rd revision. Car feels better up top, Pump gas is a bitch to tune. I can see him working the map on datazap. Its beginning to feel alot like my old Hybrid on E30. Which is impressive considering this is PUMP!!

3rd revision. Car feels better up top, Pump gas is a bitch to tune. I can see him working the map on datazap. Its beginning to feel alot like my old Hybrid on E30. Which is impressive considering this is PUMP!!
I am sure it will only continue to get better with each revision. Very interested to see your results with the ported manifold.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I am sure it will only continue to get better with each revision. Very interested to see your results with the ported manifold.
Same here. Trying to be upfront as possible as a few people are messaging me here and on FB wondering if they should purchase it. So far I can say Customer service is top notch. Randy is awesome to work with and knowing pump gas is a bitch he is doing quite well IMO. Car is pulling hard up top now i have to wait till late in the evening to do logs as its over 100 degrees here till after 9. The 3rd to 4th is incredible. NO LAG WHATSOEVER. Much quicker recovery when compared to the hybrid. This turbo has potential I just feel its hampered by a weak gate.

Same here. Trying to be upfront as possible as a few people are messaging me here and on FB wondering if they should purchase it. So far I can say Customer service is top notch. Randy is awesome to work with and knowing pump gas is a bitch he is doing quite well IMO. Car is pulling hard up top now i have to wait till late in the evening to do logs as its over 100 degrees here till after 9. The 3rd to 4th is incredible. NO LAG WHATSOEVER. Much quicker recovery when compared to the hybrid. This turbo has potential I just feel its hampered by a weak gate.
That is great news so far. Hopefully once everything is ironed out you will be even more pleased. I won't see temps like that too often here in CT, but the humidity has been off the charts. Makes it feel much warmer than it actually is.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Im debating between 100 and e30. I think this turbo may exceed the fueling on e30. 100 would give me extra ceiling but damn its pricey!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #477
Well, glad to see everyone's loving the turbo.
I wasn't kidding was I!?

I think 10 years from now, these will be the kits everyone's still running[emoji57][emoji23]

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Well, glad to see everyone's loving the turbo.
I wasn't kidding was I!?

I think 10 years from now, these will be the kits everyone's still running[emoji57][emoji23]

Im still in the air....Getting better though

I dry fitted everything last night on my kitchen table. Everything looks good - just the one oil fitting that goes in the top of the turbo needs the threads cleaned up other than that - I can't wait for this weekend!!

Did you guys use any threadlock or anti seize for the banjo bolts and other fittings?

jah2498

Heavily heavily considering this after seeing you guys loving it. I was torn between this and waiting for the Tune+/Vargas collab.