Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Zormecteon

Sooo, .. A new wastetgate, but STILL no numbers of ACTUAL performance over stock, or mp215. Aside from using some program to "bench race" why won't anyone... ANYONE who has installed this equipment publish some REAL WORLD figures for

0-60 times or
1/4 times?

Is it that no one is willing to run the tests because.. .. .. because.... .. uh, WHY is it ? too hard on equipment? No venue? .. .. ..

To me, Vdyno figures don't mean a thing compared to a real world test. ... reminds me of stereo testing back in the day.. .. X% total harmonic distortion means nothing if you can't HEAR a difference. .. If a new wastegate doesn't produce a measurable time change in real world testing, it makes no difference. .

I still plan to get this kit, I just don't understand EVERYONE'S unwillingness to test and publish figures.

PLEASE?

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,202
Sooo, .. A new wastetgate, but STILL no numbers of ACTUAL performance over stock, or mp215. Aside from using some program to "bench race" why won't anyone... ANYONE who has installed this equipment publish some REAL WORLD figures for

0-60 times or
1/4 times?

Is it that no one is willing to run the tests because.. .. .. because.... .. uh, WHY is it ? too hard on equipment? No venue? .. .. ..

To me, Vdyno figures don't mean a thing compared to a real world test. ... reminds me of stereo testing back in the day.. .. X% total harmonic distortion means nothing if you can't HEAR a difference. .. If a new wastegate doesn't produce a measurable time change in real world testing, it makes no difference. .

I still plan to get this kit, I just don't understand EVERYONE'S unwillingness to test and publish figures.

PLEASE?
I don’t drag my car at a strip.. No one really uses 0-60 numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OK, but I agree that a 0-60 number is about the ONLY straight line performance figure which means anything in real world, daily driven use (unless one is engaging in 'roll racing' on open public highways and risking their license, car ownership depending on locale, and freedom, and/or their own lives and others' lives by doing such).

Zormecteon

I don’t drag my car at a strip..

The AccessPort has the capability of giving these measurements, does it not?

Rolling road, abandoned back lane, anything at all in the real world would be more helpful than.. .. I've got X amount of boost now at X rpm.. .. I'm not asking for anyone to abuse their car (I know I wouldn't abuse my own) or do anything dangerous.. just to post something REAL.

0-60 times or
1/4 times?

PLEASE?
To add to this topic of seeing data, even the x47 which has sold far more units doesn't offer what you're looking for. You can look through all 95+ pages and maybe see 1 or 2 1/4 mile times posted. The rest of it is just v-dyno data. While I agree with you that v-dynos don't mean a ton, even 'real world tests' only tell you how that turbo performs for that 1 person, it tells you no more than a vdyno would about how that turbo would perform at your specific temperature, altitude, driving ability, road conditions, mods etc etc.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,206
The AccessPort has the capability of giving these measurements, does it not?

Rolling road, abandoned back lane, anything at all in the real world would be more helpful than.. .. I've got X amount of boost now at X rpm.. .. I'm not asking for anyone to abuse their car (I know I wouldn't abuse my own) or do anything dangerous.. just to post something REAL.
You don’t believe vdynos but you want a 1/4 or 0-60 on an unknown road...

Zormecteon

You don’t believe vdynos but you want a 1/4 or 0-60 on an unknown road...

It's not that I don't believe Vdyno.... It may be very nice to know that now someone IS getting X horsepower and X boost, but that doesn't translate to measurable performance. We know the factory numbers of 6.9 sec 0-60, and 14.9 (IIRC) 1/4 mile times. .... .. but we don't know ANYTHING other than .. quicker, faster for the MRX. NO ONE... .. I repeat NO ONE has given ANY .. figures on ANY road at ANY time for the MRX... .. Isn't anyone but me curious? ...

I can look up 0-60 times for nearly any auto (0-60times.com or some such) and know before I run whether or not I should be faster than a given car.. .. Yes, driver, road, condtions vary, but it's easy to compare what should happen.. .. with the MRX I have NOTHING. .. is it quicker now than a SUBARU? should it be a good contest with a 2005 BMW M5? WHO KNOWS?
ALL I'm asking is for someone, ANYONE to give ANY real world numbers... .. ..

I will still most likely get this equipment, .. but that doesn't mean I'm not still curious ...... .. guess I'll have to have it installed to get them myself.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
There are so so many things that can skew even 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Suspension, wheels, tires, bracing, drivers, small fuel differences, temp, altitude, and weight reduction. 0-60 On this car with this kit will only help so much. That's just the nature of fwd cars lack of traction. 0-60s from the manufacturer are at sea level with good fuel and a pro driver. I like to see someone match Ford's #s with a stock car.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club

0-60 times or
1/4 times?

PLEASE?
It's not that I don't believe Vdyno.... It may be very nice to know that now someone IS getting X horsepower and X boost, but that doesn't translate to measurable performance. We know the factory numbers of 6.9 sec 0-60, and 14.9 (IIRC) 1/4 mile times. .... .. but we don't know ANYTHING other than .. quicker, faster for the MRX. NO ONE... .. I repeat NO ONE has given ANY .. figures on ANY road at ANY time for the MRX... .. Isn't anyone but me curious? ...

I can look up 0-60 times for nearly any auto (0-60times.com or some such) and know before I run whether or not I should be faster than a given car.. .. Yes, driver, road, condtions vary, but it's easy to compare what should happen.. .. with the MRX I have NOTHING. .. is it quicker now than a SUBARU? should it be a good contest with a 2005 BMW M5? WHO KNOWS?
ALL I'm asking is for someone, ANYONE to give ANY real world numbers... .. ..

I will still most likely get this equipment, .. but that doesn't mean I'm not still curious ...... .. guess I'll have to have it installed to get them myself.
Forgive me if I'm wrong here, I am assuming the MRX (USA) is our version of the MR265 (UK)...someone help me understand if that is true in any way.

In any case, the "Fiester ST" equipped with MR265 does 0-60 in 5.7, according to this video at the 1:58 mark.

Again they call the MR265 a "hybrid" whereas the MRX is actually a different and bigger turbo (Garrett) so I'm not sure how accurate this comparison could be, but it might help.

MR265 here

MRX here

Like many said though that means nothing, the rolling 5 mph+ stat is really a better measure if you want to compare speed to speed, or a pull from 30mph.

Zormecteon

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, I am assuming the MRX (USA) is our version of the MR265 (UK)...someone help me understand if that is true in any way.

In any case, the "Fiester ST" equipped with MR265 does 0-60 in 5.7, according to this video at the 1:58 mark.

Again they call the MR265 a "hybrid" whereas the MRX is actually a different and bigger turbo (Garrett) so I'm not sure how accurate this comparison could be, but it might help.

MR265 here

MRX here

Like many said though that means nothing, the rolling 5 mph+ stat is really a better measure if you want to compare speed to speed, or a pull from 30mph.

THANK YOU.. THANK YOU THANK YOU.... .. now I have some idea.

"Real world" 0-60 times are meaningless. Look at the variations between different magazines testing the same car.

In fact, 0-60 tells you nothing about how the car feels.

[MENTION=4133]Zormecteon[/MENTION] I put about 10 busses from a 2nd gear roll on a Focus ST (in mexico) if that gives you any reference. There's a video of the ATP2554r kit running a 13.0 on YouTube. This turbo spools much faster than the ATP turbo. I believe it's a high 12 second car all day with all stars aligning, but I'll never run it at the strip so it doesn't matter all that much to me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
All that matters is if you like it! Screw 0-60 times....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Actually, I'd like to ignore the 1/4 mile times, since the extensive power mods it takes for these FWD cars to break even 13.0 flat is VERY discouraging, having come from a RWD platform that would go high 11s (even with a road race suspension!) if you looked at it funny. [:(]
But, like Bretley, this car will never see a drag strip as long as I own it, so it matters little. ;)

jeff

2000 Post Club
"Real world" 0-60 times are meaningless. Look at the variations between different magazines testing the same car.

In fact, 0-60 tells you nothing about how the car feels.
0-60 times are Arbitrary.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
All that matters is if you like it! Screw 0-60 times....

I posted this elsewhere recently but it will probably get lost and it's relevant to this discussion:

[confuse]

As to why people aren't timing/posting/advertising their 0-60 runs, 2 things come to mind:

1 REDLINE
OEM redline fuel cutoff happens at 6500rpms which, in 2nd gear, is at about 57 mph, so any 0-60 time done on an Accessport is still gonna be low for that reason, as a shift from 2nd to 3rd is required, unless redline is raised to get to 60 in 2nd gear.

2 TRACTION
With MRX or Garrett or Puma or Perron or whatever turbo on the car, 1st and 2nd gear rip the tires up even more than on the stock turbo. For this reason it's hard to get a decent 0-60 time. The thing people are more interested in is coming out of a corner in 2nd gear and going WOT, or perhaps flooring it at 30mph in 3rd gear onto the interstate or playing around with V8s as such.

Point being, I bet most who do turbo upgrades aren't thinking of 0-60 much due to the reasons above, but rather other uses of the new power.

If you're looking for an idea of "real world" performance on these turbo upgrades, the best thing I'd advise is hop onto Youtube and check out some of the races on closed roads in Mexico that folks have done with their X37, X47, DHM and other turbo swaps, and see how the Fiesta compares to a 5.0 GT/STi/Golf R etc from a roll.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=4133]Zormecteon[/MENTION] I put about 10 busses from a 2nd gear roll on a Focus ST (in mexico) if that gives you any reference. There's a video of the ATP2554r kit running a 13.0 on YouTube. This turbo spools much faster than the ATP turbo. I believe it's a high 12 second car all day with all stars aligning, but I'll never run it at the strip so it doesn't matter all that much to me.
What's the basis of your comparison...did you ride in the GT2554r? The only comparison that can be done IMO is riding in both and then making a judgment call.