Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The seller said he never paid for them. The response to that was the headlights were shite.
Then the posts were deleted and he deleted social media accounts or made them private, whichever.
False.

After the buyer paid, received, installed and had photoshoots done, he claimed the headlights started falling apart (there was already one issue with a light in them).

The seller has a no refund policy which the buyer agreed to. But the buyer decided to go through his CC bank to get a refund. He blocked the seller on all social media, which led to the seller posting publicly about the situation.

The CC bank misinterpreted the buyers claim as not having received any items and took the money from the seller and gave it to the buyer. Because the buyer and seller could not communicate (the buyer had blocked the seller) and the bank was under the assumption that no parts were delivered, it appeared that the buyer was attempting to commit fraud.

Eventually, the buyer was convinced to unblock the seller so they could communicate with each other and his bank about the appropriate steps to take.

I know because I was one of the people that helped mediate the situation and spoke directly with both of them about this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what coolant temps you guys see normally? I see 220-240 pretty regularly under normal driving at 85 degrees outside. I keep seeing the coolant temp code popping up in my AP. Wondering if I have a flow issue somewhere in my install or if maybe its just time for the radiator upgrade?

My Fiesta couldnt run stock without overheating promptly on track. I cant imagine what would happen with a stock Rad and the MRX kit. Upgraded cooling is a must have investment if youre going to actually push this car with the MRX. With the Mishimoto Rad I never see anything over 204-205 unless I shut the engine off and then start it right back up...

I don’t track my car, mostly highway driving. Generally I don’t see over 200 unless I do a number of consecutive pulls, and then I’ve seen it get up near 220. Never seen the coolant temp code in my AP.

Curious what coolant temps you guys see normally? I see 220-240 pretty regularly under normal driving at 85 degrees outside. I keep seeing the coolant temp code popping up in my AP. Wondering if I have a flow issue somewhere in my install or if maybe its just time for the radiator upgrade?

Jesus Christ that is hot. The stock thermosat should keep you in the 189-207 F range. You should replace the radiator for sure. Some fiestas had a partially clogged radiators from the factory due to a defective cast in the raditators.

Get a radiator this week. Car goes into limp mode at 245, could be cooking a lot of things, your oil and coolant need to be replaced too...but the coolant will get flushed with you swap the radiator.

I mean, when I sprung a coolanr leak I was running about 210 driving around town missing half a gallon of coolant. Stock thermostat is full open at 207 F, so if you see something greater than that in normal driving, you have something wrong.

In general, the rule of thumb is to keep coolant below 212 F unless you are tracking the vehicle, for most cars....and shouldn't get too much hotten than that on the track if you are setup right. Should see coolant temps less than 220 F even in track conditions if your car has the right size radiator and everything is working.

Jesus Christ that is hot. The stock thermosat should keep you in the 189-207 F range. You should replace the radiator for sure. Some fiestas had a partially clogged radiators from the factory due to a defective cast in the raditators.

Get a radiator this week. Car goes into limp mode at 245, could be cooking a lot of things, your oil and coolant need to be replaced too...but the coolant will get flushed with you swap the radiator.

I mean, when I sprung a coolanr leak I was running about 210 driving around town missing half a gallon of coolant. Stock thermostat is full open at 207 F, so if you see something greater than that in normal driving, you have something wrong.

In general, the rule of thumb is to keep coolant below 212 F unless you are tracking the vehicle, for most cars....and shouldn't get too much hotten than that on the track if you are setup right. Should see coolant temps less than 220 F even in track conditions if your car has the right size radiator and everything is working.
Mountune Radiator ordered. Will have to wait a little bit on the oil cooler so I dont ruffle the wifes feathers too much. But I am also wondering about my coolant lines. I am pretty sure the bends ended up getting a little bit smashed during install. I straightened them back out but they are definitely "less mandrel" bent than before. I may do new lines as well.

Mountune Radiator ordered. Will have to wait a little bit on the oil cooler so I dont ruffle the wifes feathers too much. But I am also wondering about my coolant lines. I am pretty sure the bends ended up getting a little bit smashed during install. I straightened them back out but they are definitely "less mandrel" bent than before. I may do new lines as well.
The oil cooler I don't think is nessisary as long as the coolant temps are less than 212F. There is a liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger between the oil and the coolant. As long as to coolant stays reasonable, it should keep the oil from getting too hot.

Now if you are frequently tracking the car, that might be a different story. Radiators in these cars do the double duty of both the coolant and the oil.

I just picked up a pre-owned mrx kit, and I'm curious as to whether or not it's meant to have anything additional for the oil drain line. Mountune's website states "1x*Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain" but I'm not finding anything within the packages that I've been seen, nor within the pics on their website.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just picked up a pre-owned mrx kit, and I'm curious as to whether or not it's meant to have anything additional for the oil drain line. Mountune's website states "1x*Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain" but I'm not finding anything within the packages that I've been seen, nor within the pics on their website.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nah, it reuses the oil factory drain line, but provides new gaskets. It worked out well for me, the factory drain line is a good design. The adapter is to fit the factory drain line to the bottom of the turbo.

Update to my car, havent seen anything over 198 degrees since doing the radiator upgrade. IMO at least for me this was a required mod with the MRX.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Page 15 of 18 shows the intake tube and elbow going together...does anyone else see a bottleneck forming for performance here? I think having a bigger intake pipe here would give some positive results with this turbo. But then again I could be wrong....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Finally, haha a year after I installed mine. Whole guide looks pretty good. I definitely didn't keep the stock heatshields though

Page 15 of 18 shows the intake tube and elbow going together...does anyone else see a bottleneck forming for performance here? I think having a bigger intake pipe here would give some positive results with this turbo. But then again I could be wrong....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'm currently testing this, with some logs as well as testing wet compression with this Turbo. I think the stock intake is good for about 29 or 30 lb of beer, but when I swap on a CP-R inake will see how much it flows. The logs will tell a story. I hope I'm not wasting too much money :p

Pete

Some spelling errors in the write up, but it looks good as far as an instruction manual goes.