Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

antarctica24

The MRX Turbo will need an aftermarket BOV. Mountune sells one that connects where your sound symposer goes. You can also get the cp-e charge pipe with the BOV option.
I'm using the BOV that came with my MAP cold side pipe. It has a flange welded on the pipe to mount the BOV. Its a turbosmart, that has a external port, I connected a 6" piece of rubber hose to quiet it down a little bit.

Yea I would have to agree with you on that. Trying to muscle the turbo in position with one hand and tighten the clamp with the other was not fun. Thankfully I've got arms like Mr. Fantastic so I was able to maneuver around to make it work lol.
I used a ratchet strap to hold the turbo in place while I tightened the V-band. What a pain...

I took manifold off and assembled everything outside the car and dropped it back in. I felt that was easier than trying to do everything from underneath...

I think my tick is fuel injectors...excited to get permission from Randy to go to slot 2 and see what this turbo kit is made of...
These DI motors are little tickers, could just be the injectors. You're gonna love it, I'm only on the 1st revision and it rips!

I'm using the BOV that came with my MAP cold side pipe. It has a flange welded on the pipe to mount the BOV. Its a turbosmart, that has a external port, I connected a 6" piece of rubber hose to quiet it down a little bit.
Nice! Yea I forgot about the MAP pipe, that's a good option too!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,250
It's good, huh? I'm considering this kit. How many miles are on your car?
18k, the new WG is awesome. I can 100% attest that there are gains with the new WG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18k, the new WG is awesome. I can 100% attest that there are gains with the new WG.

Super, glad you like it! I just hit 15k on my car and I'm still a bit reserved about adding a turbo due to the warranty but I'll probably give in sooner or later.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,252
Super, glad you like it! I just hit 15k on my car and I'm still a bit reserved about adding a turbo due to the warranty but I'll probably give in sooner or later.
If I blow this motor, it’s cause I did it. I’m pretty confident the motor in this thing won’t go bad from factory shit during the warranty.

antarctica24

If I blow this motor, it’s cause I did it. I’m pretty confident the motor in this thing won’t go bad from factory shit during the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Do me a favor what boost numbers are you seeing on slot 1 tune with the new wastegate. If randy doesn’t want you to post pm me. I want to make sure I got the preload correct before I try slot 2.

I thought install was pretty straightforward. I took the manifold off and assembled the turbo, vband adapter, and manifold all together outside of the car and dropped it in from the top. Used new gasket and manifold bolts for the reassembly. The coolant lines were the biggest pain in the ass, along with the bolts provided in the kit for the vband adapter that wouldn’t thread in.

Based

So is the new wastegate worth it? I still haven't installed my turbo lol

So is the new wastegate worth it? I still haven't installed my turbo lol

For the price, just do it. You won't wanna take that turbo off again unless you have to. Also you'll need a re-tune if you do it later like me which will cost you more.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,258
Do me a favor what boost numbers are you seeing on slot 1 tune with the new wastegate. If randy doesn’t want you to post pm me. I want to make sure I got the preload correct before I try slot 2.
16 psi +/- 1psi

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #1,260
I do max out at 17, just not every pull. Sometimes it’s 16.8, sometimes it’s 17.1, sometimes it’s 16.7