Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
When I purchased my MRX I was told the wastegate actuator wouldn't have to be adjusted as my batch was "corrected" compared to the first batch that was messed up. Well..guess I am "topped out" gotta take the turbo off to adjust the wastegate. Not really wanting to take it apart again. I wonder since I am at this point - I should just order that other wastegate and see if I can get better numbers out of it. I've been fairly busy with work and life stuff so my tuning process with Randy has been slower. (Purchased Turbo July 1st - installed July 22) Neither his fault or mine. Just kinda disappointed with my vdyno numbers. Another recommendation was to get a different intercooler as my CPE intercooler may be causing boost to drop? I dunno.. don't get me wrong car is a riot now. But seeing Brura's numbers and mine for similar elevation is disappointing :(
CP-e is a great IC. Bruras numbers are unicorns.

Also I think the lowest I've ever seen was 27.5

You can't take wiki and use some formula for determining baro pressure. The meter doesn't lie. What wiki is referring to is under perfect conditions.
Im referring to the temp and how it affects the pressure according to wiki.

antarctica24

CP-e is a great IC. Bruras numbers are unicorns.

Im referring to the temp and how it affects the pressure according to wiki.
I'm referring that wiki is not considered a reliable source of information as it is not verified. That doesn't mean the information is not correct, but if we're going to quote let's quote from a reliable source.

My test that I have co ducted with my phone against the local wether station noaa which is not far from where I live is very close in their readings and mine. The app accounts for altitude and temp based on the gps location and what the sensor is reading. I cannot take into account what anyone else is doing but my numbers are accurate enough that you can take them to the bank. If I give you a barometric reading it is what it was at the time and location where the run was done. Notice I also include th location where I do my runs. I'll even tell you the road it was done and the time it was done. If your not collecting all of this data at the time of the run their is no way to do a fair comparison between runs on this forum and all of the runs have to be carried out in the exact same manner or their meaningless.thats why what Jeff is saying is the only way to be sure and that's with a dynojet.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Another recommendation was to get a different intercooler as my CPE intercooler may be causing boost to drop?
[???:)]IF that were the case how/why wouldn't a larger IC (like the DHM Race or the like) not cuase even MORE pressure drop, no matter how well engineered/designed they were (and the cp-e IS well engineered for flow!)? [dunno]

antarctica24

[???:)]IF that were the case how/why wouldn't a larger IC (like the DHM Race or the like) not cuase even MORE pressure drop, no matter how well engineered/designed they were (and the cp-e IS well engineered for flow!)? [dunno]
Doesn't the law of physics apply here? Smaller opening vs larger opening. It makes sense that a larger interclooer would have a drop in pressure over a smaller one. And on this thread with this turbo any of the regular size fmic's are fine. Your not going to be able to make 40psi on this turbo so the bigger fmic matters not.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Doesn't the law of physics apply here? Smaller opening vs larger opening. It makes sense that a larger interclooer would have a drop in pressure over a smaller one. And on this thread with this turbo any of the regular size fmic's are fine. Your not going to be able to make 40psi on this turbo so the bigger fmic matters not.
One would think so. ;)

Unless of course, eglove was inferring that he would go to a smaller than cp-e IC?? [dunno]

One would think so. ;)

Unless of course, eglove was inferring that he would go to a smaller than cp-e IC?? [dunno]
I'm not sure what the suggestion was pertaining to really. I don't want to change intercoolers as I got the CPE one for futureproofing (?) Maybe I'm just the only one with the CPE intercooler and it's causing tuning issues? Not sure. I think I just have to adjust preload and then see how things go

I'm not sure what the suggestion was pertaining to really. I don't want to change intercoolers as I got the CPE one for futureproofing (?) Maybe I'm just the only one with the CPE intercooler and it's causing tuning issues? Not sure. I think I just have to adjust preload and then see how things go
It depends on how much drop you are seeing. [MENTION=1058]re-rx7[/MENTION] saw a drop of what 4 or 5 psi on the top end but that's just characteristic of this turbo and also the 2554r that's why they are looking into a stronger wastegate in hopes of holding boost as close to peak as possible throughout the powerband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

Thanx all of you who have installed this (I WANT if to be in my future, but right now circumstances intervene) equipment for sharing your information. It's all good to know but can we get beyond the feel and the reports about boost pressure and horsepower and get some numbers that show...

0-60 mph (or 0-100 kph)? and.. 1/4 mile times? .. in other words theoreticals are nice but what's the difference running the car in the real world? I believe that the AP will record 1/4 mile times. Lets' see some. .. Please?

antarctica24

It's not your intercooler call me

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't want to change intercoolers as I got the CPE one for futureproofing (?)
Same reason I bought the cp-e as well, i.e.; it will more than handle anything the factory snail can throw at it, regardless of ambient temps, and it probably can [dunno] handle anything up to a true BIG TURBO kit/setup.

I did not want to go for the DHM Race IC and crash bar because I thought that it was such overkill for the factory hairdryer that it might actually cause pressure drop (even though Russ, Issac, et al claimed otherwise), and I did not want to chance the potential insurance problems of denying crash damage (or even a TOTAL) with that bar in place.

So I opted for what I believed to be the largest (in total displacement, NOT just width) factory fit with the factory crash bar IC out there, the cp-e. ;)

Well, guess I'm gonna try a get another personal loan from the bank tomorrw and pick this kit up. Also I doubt the cp-e IC is going to be the issue, but im running the Cobb so ill let you guys know how it holds the temps here i south texas. Reason i doubt you need a bigger IC is because I've got a Neukin IC with the same core as what Cobb uses and they're identical in core dimensions. It is rated to 500hp. I'll try and find the link.

Well, guess I'm gonna try a get another personal loan from the bank tomorrw and pick this kit up. Also I doubt the cp-e IC is going to be the issue, but im running the Cobb so ill let you guys know how it holds the temps here i south texas. Reason i doubt you need a bigger IC is because I've got a Neukin IC with the same core as what Cobb uses and they're identical in core dimensions. It is rated to 500hp. I'll try and find the link.
Don't get a loan for mods, it's such a terrible idea.

Don't worry, i would never put myself in a financial bind. I always take one out to build credit and rapport with my bank. I totally agree with where you are coming from though!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Selling my mountune setup. Cheap if interested. im in texas also

My MRX kit should be arriving early next week.

Coincidentally I'm running the big cp-e intercooler as well, for the same reasons as M-Sport Fan and eglove.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My MRX kit should be arriving early next week.

Coincidentally I'm running the big cp-e intercooler as well, for the same reasons as M-Sport Fan and eglove.

What "reasons " are you running the CP-e?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk