Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Based

Double post. Grrr...
Awesome man. I bought my mrx from re-x7 and it should be at my house around end of this week. But I'm still waiting on Depo Racing catless downpipe to get back in stock, and I have to order hardware (gaskets, etc) from the dealership. It'll probably be mid October when it's finally on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I don't understand spinning the tires comment. From a dead stop, I can blow off the tires in 1st gear, but When I hit second and go to the floor, the car is ballistic but I am getting traction. its not the hardest launch I have ever experienced, but all I have to compare is my 800hp ta which made 693ft tq at 2500rpm. I have to hold the steering wheel with both hands because it wants to get squirrelly but when I catch third, hitting 100 is a no brainer and it happens really quick.
Yeah my traction control screams at me almost all the way through second gear. If I turn it off then obviously I just get wheel spin. Granted that could be the tires are cold and/or the road surface because its not an issue on the track with warmer RE-11 tires, and on a track surface.

Awesome man. I bought my mrx from re-x7 and it should be at my house around end of this week. But I'm still waiting on Depo Racing catless downpipe to get back in stock, and I have to order hardware (gaskets, etc) from the dealership. It'll probably be mid October when it's finally on.

Nice man, you got a killer deal! If i didnt get a labor day savings from mountune, i was thinking of buying it from him lol. Depo Racing is excellent at his customer service and he ships very fast. As soon as your DP is in stock, it will be sent out that day I guarantee. Gonna be exciting to see all our results with this turbo!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
and 30 lbs for the Exhaust system. Stock was 13, CPE is 44, so I subtract to get 30
Are you absolutely certain about those weights above?

The cp-e Nexus figure seems high, even with the front resonator (I never actually weighed mine before installation), and the factory system figure seems way too low (again, never weighed it). [dunno]

I know you were just trying to get something 'round abouts' to input into the vdyno calculations, but these weights seem off.

Zormecteon

So,... more bench racing, no data on 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile times. .. By Vdyno, (I'm admittedly not familiar) I assume it's a virtual dyno, .. not numbers achieved on calibrated, measuring machines, but extrapolated data. .. .. Not to burst anyone's bubble, .... it's still "bench racing"... I know there are some who have installed the mountune hardware who ARE tracking their cars. .. Do you have stopwatches?

So,... more bench racing, no data on 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile times. .. By Vdyno, (I'm admittedly not familiar) I assume it's a virtual dyno, .. not numbers achieved on calibrated, measuring machines, but extrapolated data. .. .. Not to burst anyone's bubble, .... it's still "bench racing"... I know there are some who have installed the mountune hardware who ARE tracking their cars. .. Do you have stopwatches?
I dont care much for drag racing so I dont have those figures for you, BUT I can tell you at MSR Houston on the back straight where I used to struggle to scratch 100 mph that I consistantly saw 108 and above last time I was out there. Now maybe some of that is improvement at that track, but I doubt Im that much better. Though maybe my new brakes have made me braver in the braking zone too haha.

Based

I'd say vdyno is pretty accurate. It just comes down to how accurately you put in the weight of your car and the road surface you do the pulls on.

Don't worry man, I will be putting up a lot of 0-60, 1/4, etc videos.

just an fyi, this forum is devoid of Depo Downpipe failures notices, but it's all over some forums on FB. these are two separate cases, a fiesta and a focus.

I do agree that not every product is perfect, but I've also heard of other brands like COBB that have cracked as well. I think i has to do with the bracket missing on the aftermarket ones. I'm pretty sure Ford put it there for a reason lol. I would've gotten mountune' s but it's outta stock. I'll just run it till is breaks, and just get the mountune and swap it out.

koozy

3000 Post Club
maybe, but I have a DHM downpipe coming off a GTX big turbo sans bracket that's fine. You can see that the Depo downpipe for the focus actually has a bracket in the photo. to me it appears that the Depo welds, though nice and pretty didn't penetrate the metals being welded. Anyways, I think Cobb has a limited warranty and has been known to back up their products, not sure if Depo has any warranty but good luck with it.

Guess ill just keep my fingers crossed. I may even take it to my buddy who owns a welding shop to check it over now that you guys are getting me nervous lol. Time to go take my xanax now... jk

antarctica24

Are you absolutely certain about those weights above?

The cp-e Nexus figure seems high, even with the front resonator (I never actually weighed mine before installation), and the factory system figure seems way too low (again, never weighed it). [dunno]

I know you were just trying to get something 'round abouts' to input into the vdyno calculations, but these weights seem off.
I got the weight off their web site

Obviously take that DynoJet reading with a heaping grain of salt. There are so many variables that could lead to variations between whats on there and the results Mountune provided. Most importantly is that were not even done tuning the car. Myself personally I'm so pleased with the results so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results when all is said and done.