Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You're not going to hit 300whp on pump gas without aux fuel no matter how much air you have.
Granted, (for the most part on THIS kit), but I was just asking about the AIR side, regardless of the fueling necessary to get there. ;)

BTW; I do not consider E30 'auxillary fueling', only WMI, and a 4 injector port injection system fall under that nomenclature, as far as I'm concerned.

If I may, this install is not complicated. It requires time and patience. If you take your time with it, it's actually a little fun. Also you get a real understanding of what's going on and why everything works like it does. This was my very first turbo install and I would say on a difficulty level between 1 and 10 this is like maybe a 2.5. I would say if you can install the cpe intake you can swap out this turbo. I thought the cpe intake was harder than doing the turbo but that's just me. Damn I though installing the hid system was harder than installing the turbo. The boomba intake spacer is harder to install than this turbo. The only thing that makes the turbo install complicated is getting under the car. Go to harbor freight and get yourself some ramps. Also get some hemostats they are medical clamps for clamping down blood vessels. Their cheap I used them to clamp down the two water lines. If you want to tackle it and learn something and want some help you can call send me a pm and I'll send you my number. This offer is good to anyone who wants assistance with this install. I'm available to answer any questions that I can. This is 100 percent a user installable part.
Do you ever come over to the west side of the mountains? If so I might invite you over for supervision if I decide to do it :).

Im not super mechanically inclined, and this install was definitely my most ambitious/potentially catastrophic venture in that respect. It was challenging no doubt, but I never thought I couldnt get it done. I had plenty of hiccups, but Mountune helped me out all along the way. As an amateur mechanic its definitely been a confidence booster to get it right...so far...I mean it survived one track day at least haha.

Are you referring to Seattle? I can if we plan it out.
Thanks, I don't have any set plans to purchase it yet but I'm definitely considering it. I assume you have the MRX kit, maybe I can stop by to see it if I'm in the Spokane area?

I remember reading earlier on in the thread that the printed instructions from Mountune aren't that good. Are there any implied things that competent mechanics know that might not be outlined in the instructions?

For instance, once the turbo is installed but before starting the motor do you need to turn the crank a few times by hand to get oil moving through the turbo?

Actually would someone be able to post up the instructions from Mountune so we can see how involved it is?

antarctica24

Thanks, I don't have any set plans to purchase it yet but I'm definitely considering it. I assume you have the MRX kit, maybe I can stop by to see it if I'm in the Spokane area?

I remember reading earlier on in the thread that the printed instructions from Mountune aren't that good. Are there any implied things that competent mechanics know that might not be outlined in the instructions?

For instance, once the turbo is installed but before starting the motor do you need to turn the crank a few times by hand to get oil moving through the turbo?

Actually would someone be able to post up the instructions from Mountune so we can see how involved it is?
Ok. I crank turning by hand. That's funny. You press down the clutch and accelerator and the press the start key and hold it down and I my will cycle the fluids.

Atp turbo has a set of instructions. Mountune didn't send any instructions.

That being said I thought the install was straight forward and I am willing to help anyone who wants to go through the install themselves.

You can call and ask whatever questions you need to ask.

If your in Seattle I'll come help but it would have to be on the weekend and you need to buy my gas 😀

Just got back from the 1st test drive after installing this kit. Everything seems good so far, no leaks or CEL's. Installed a Depo Racing catted DP with it as well and now it has a sweet little pop shifting between gears which reminds me of the RS lol. Install was fairly easy as long as you don't rush things. There aren't directions with the kit and even with atp's manual isn't exactly like the MRX kit. Had a couple minor snags but I wanna thank [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] for helping out! I really appreciate it man![cheers] Now time to start getting data logs sent over to Randy. [driving]

antarctica24

Just got back from the 1st test drive after installing this kit. Everything seems good so far, no leaks or CEL's. Installed a Depo Racing catted DP with it as well and now it has a sweet little pop shifting between gears which reminds me of the RS lol. Install was fairly easy as long as you don't rush things. There aren't directions with the kit and even with atp's manual isn't exactly like the MRX kit. Had a couple minor snags but I wanna thank [MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] for helping out! I really appreciate it man![cheers] Now time to start getting data logs sent over to Randy. [driving]
You are so very welcome. Now it gets fun. I finally have a 100 octane tune from Randy hoping to empty my gas tank today or tomorrow to start playing with it.

You are so very welcome. Now it gets fun. I finally have a 100 octane tune from Randy hoping to empty my gas tank today or tomorrow to start playing with it.
Yea im really excited! Even off the wastegate pressure, it's not that fast, but i can tell its spools super fast. You honestly sold me on getting this kit with the reminder of having reliability, I don't regret one thing! 100 octane is a whole other level, i can only imagine how fun thats gonna feel!