Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Based

Yea im really excited! Even off the wastegate pressure, it's not that fast, but i can tell its spools super fast. You honestly sold me on getting this kit with the reminder of having reliability, I don't regret one thing! 100 octane is a whole other level, i can only imagine how fun thats gonna feel!
Well wastegate is only like 11 psi right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, only 11psi. I haven't floored through the rpm band yet, just cruising around and doing little partial throttle blips through a couple rpm. Like barely any throttle tip in at 2500 and its instantly going into boost. Can't wait to log my 1st run in the morning and send it to Randy so I can switch to the bigger boost map.

antarctica24

Yea im really excited! Even off the wastegate pressure, it's not that fast, but i can tell its spools super fast. You honestly sold me on getting this kit with the reminder of having reliability, I don't regret one thing! 100 octane is a whole other level, i can only imagine how fun thats gonna feel!
Yeah I thought the same thing even off of the waste gate. Hopefully you'll do better at remembering to switch the tube better than I did. Just remember when Randy sends you a tune your first tune will be on slot 2. After you load it just remember to switch to slot 2. I'll post some vdyno numbers of the 100 octane shortly. It only gets better from here.

Yeah I thought the same thing even off of the waste gate. Hopefully you'll do better at remembering to switch the tube better than I did. Just remember when Randy sends you a tune your first tune will be on slot 2. After you load it just remember to switch to slot 2. I'll post some vdyno numbers of the 100 octane shortly. It only gets better from here.
I'll just have to put a post-it somewhere on the dash saying, "slot 2, esc off" lol. I was gonna ask you to post some vdyno numbers but you already beat me to it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You are so very welcome. Now it gets fun. I finally have a 100 octane tune from Randy hoping to empty my gas tank today or tomorrow to start playing with it.
That stuff is $10.00/gal. at the pump around here [crazyeye], what do they get for it up there in the Pac West (or are you buying pails/drums of it in bulk)?

antarctica24

What's the usual turnaround time for Randy?
It depends on how many he has. He commutes to work and it's a 3 hour drive 1 way. I also know he works on this stuff at all hours as I have received emails from him at 11:00 at night. Turn around time can be From 2-6 days. I also know he wants you to drive around on the tune for a couple of days before doing your log. He prefers tuning off the road instead of a dyno as he feels the road gives better feedback for the tune. He responds to all emails but not always the same day but he will respond. Randy has been unbelievably helpful. He answers all your questions and in my opinion I feel my tunes have beeen really good. He is very experienced working on the fords. Are they the best? I'm probably not qualified to answer that but I have no reservations putting my car in his hands.

antarctica24

That stuff is $10.00/gal. at the pump around here [crazyeye], what do they get for it up there in the Pac West (or are you buying pails/drums of it in bulk)?
I guess this is as good a time as any, but I chose race gas over ethanol and meth because their is no ambiguity in what the mixture is and I know when it's out, and I don't have an extra tank in the car with me.

The gas mileage while is a joke at these power levels in this car, race gas is going to be better than ethanol.

When I go to swap the motor next year I may take a swing at the tranny and lower the gear ration for 6th so I can cruise at highway speeds down around 2k. There really is no reason to have this car cruise at 3k I can down shift if I need to.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I guess this is as good a time as any, but I chose race gas over ethanol and meth because their is no ambiguity in what the mixture is and I know when it's out, and I don't have an extra tank in the car with me.

The gas mileage while is a joke at these power levels in this car, race gas is going to be better than ethanol.

When I go to swap the motor next year I may take a swing at the tranny and lower the gear ration for 6th so I can cruise at highway speeds down around 2k. There really is no reason to have this car cruise at 3k I can down shift if I need to.
I definitely agree with you on the whole WMI thing (even though I get BASHED by the WMI faithful/devout on here for that opinion, more often than not), for ALL of the reasons you gave, plus not having any place to store the stuff at home. ;)

IF we had it available around here, I would have to go with E40 over race gas solely because it would be 1/4 the price at the pump, even if it results in lower fuel mileage.
I would also take whatever measures necessary to ensure the mixture was within 2% or less.

I definitely agree with you on the whole WMI thing (even though I get BASHED by the WMI faithful/devout on here for that opinion, more often than not), for ALL of the reasons you gave, plus not having any place to store the stuff at home. ;)

IF we had it available around here, I would have to go with E40 over race gas solely because it would be 1/4 the price at the pump, even if it results in lower fuel mileage.
I would also take whatever measures necessary to ensure the mixture was within 2% or less.
Yeah e85 is 1.97 a gallon here! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^lol there were mountains and hippies and no cowboys. I can see how he got confused.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk