Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Heh. I was trying to be funny, not sarcastic. [:p]

That would be pretty cool. I do like looking at dyno graphs, especially when I compare the same car with different mods (and on the same dyno of course). Which billet aftermarket WGA are you going to use? Are you going to use the stock BPV with a DV+ or going aftermarket? Your target rev limit of 6850 will be fine. [:)]

I have an X47R install on Thursday but I won't have any dyno runs for a couple weeks. I'm going to use a Turbosmart WGA and a DV+. It will be sweet to compare the two different hybrids, plus tunes once we both get it sorted. I am not doing aux fuel as of yet. Good luck with yours. [twothumb]
I believe one cant use the dv+ on this turbo. I bought one right before I discovered this turbo or I would have left my stock dv alone.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They use their own BPV then?
This is why Mountune released its Turbosmart Kompact BOV kit that mounts in the symposer location. The turbo housing does not have a mounting point for a stock BPV so none of the Turbosmart products that mount in stock location can be used either.

Whoosh has their BOV kit that mounts in the symposer location, Mountune has one, or you could go with a CP-E exhale cold pipe kit that has an HKS or Tial BOV mounted on the cold pipe. If you happen to have a chance to grab a DHM Race intercooler, some of them have mounting locations for Tial BOV's, or else you have to come up with another solution somewhere along the intercooler piping.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
They use their own BPV then?
Yes and no. Like explained above there is no built in dv or bov on this turbo. You must have a separate one mounted elsewhere. Mountune includes a pipe with a space for one but doesn't include it.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Ok, I see. I like that I can still use the stock one with the DV+ and the Pumaspeed X47-ish. I'm really hoping it won't be very loud... [shhh]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ok, I see. I like that I can still use the stock one with the DV+ and the Pumaspeed X47-ish. I'm really hoping it won't be very loud... [shhh]
Can't be that bad. I have a dv+ on the stock turbo and its bearly audible.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I can verify that the GFB DV+ on an X47 makes zero noise above stock, just like their website says.

Can anyone give an update on the MRX with upgraded wastegate? I've been following this thread, there's just so little data. One independent dyno that I can find that has numbers way above Mountune's numbers which is very odd. All the talk of the new wastegate, then it's cancelled, then suddenly it's shipping here and there, it's been months, no updates, numbers, nothing.

Anyone?

I'm a huge fan of Mountune. Although I chose a different option because I wanted earlier spool, I am excited for friends here with the MRX and the new wastegate, and look forward to the results...but this thread seems to have stalled.

Anyone?

I can verify that the GFB DV+ on an X47 makes zero noise above stock, just like their website says.

Can anyone give an update on the MRX with upgraded wastegate? I've been following this thread, there's just so little data. One independent dyno that I can find that has numbers way above Mountune's numbers which is very odd. All the talk of the new wastegate, then it's cancelled, then suddenly it's shipping here and there, it's been months, no updates, numbers, nothing.

Anyone?

I'm a huge fan of Mountune. Although I chose a different option because I wanted earlier spool, I am excited for friends here with the MRX and the new wastegate, and look forward to the results...but this thread seems to have stalled.

Anyone?
+1.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
No body is hitting over 300 on stock fuel. No 47, 47r, mrx or any body else’s turbo. If they are they are lying. You have to use race gas to get over 300 and even then your almost limited to about 310-315.
93 octane, no aux fuel. Possible, but sketchy.

I’m suddenly reminded of why I’ve been much less involved here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhh, above 12:1 at redline? No thank you. Do we have power numbers with a catted downpipe for the MRX turbo? I saw a few posts about the rated output from Mountune being only with a catless setup, and it being notably less with a high flow downpipe like the one Mountune sells in their turboback exhaust (and separately). Would hate to go through all the work and end at 215whp due to having a cat, vs 240-250ish.

antarctica24

93 octane, no aux fuel. Possible, but sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank you for making my point. Like the rest of the comments here touching 300 and sustaining 300 are really two different things aren’t they? It’s like getting all excited that you (not you) made 300 hp at 6800 kind of useless up there.

If your sustained over 300 or even at 300 for more than 2 rpm kinda silly don’t you think. And even with 93 you are pushing the limit of the fuel system so in that case it’s not really safe either.

Is this the typical MRX fueling outcome on 93 and catless? Or am I missing something. I cant see Mountune thinking this is safe..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thank you for making my point. Like the rest of the comments here touching 300 and sustaining 300 are really two different things aren’t they? It’s like getting all excited that you (not you) made 300 hp at 6800 kind of useless up there.

If your sustained over 300 or even at 300 for more than 2 rpm kinda silly don’t you think. And even with 93 you are pushing the limit of the fuel system so in that case it’s not really safe either.
That wasn’t what you said, though is it? It’s ok, though. I’m used to the ever moving goal posts.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
super sketchy. ~13.5AFR and 25psi at over 7k rpm? in for blown motor post.
Hi! I’m Hijinx, you must be new here. Because you’re about two years late. This was Sept 2015... In 2016, it was “blown up” on purpose at a 1/2 mile event. MS109, 34-36psi in the stock motor... Even after turning off the knock sensors it took a few runs to die. Estimated power around 440-450 or something.

So, yeah...welcome to the forums.

antarctica24

That wasn’t what you said, though is it? It’s ok, though. I’m used to the ever moving goal posts.

Your the resident power expert, I mean that in a serious way. The fuel system in this car does or does not support 300 whp reliably? On 93 octane at sea level.

Is this the typical MRX fueling outcome on 93 and catless? Or am I missing something. I cant see Mountune thinking this is safe..
I believe the graph Hijinx posted was from his car with a gtx2867. If you go a few pages back there is dyno results and maybe start around page 19 of this thread and move forward
Should be results there as well. You could also join the FiSTs of Fury group on Facebook if you have an account. Results have been posted there too.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I can't keep reading these sorts of comments without simply saying, have some class and stop the self-aggrandizing, 'I know it all and you're all idiots' talk. The reason you aren't involved here is plain, you changed your signature and quit posting months ago and it's not hard to understand why. Rather than continue to treat this community this way, consider some self-awareness. 'I'm the best, prove me wrong, you're all idiots.' It gets old. Is your car still even running?

For the record, I don't know much about cars, I've made wrong decisions, I know it. I built my car in my garage, I'm an average mechanic, no more. I figure things out, sometimes I'm wrong, but that doesn't make me or any of us bad people worthy of being constantly put down. We're humans, we make mistakes, we're learning as we go.

Without pandering to you as so many others do, I do have respect for your build and recognize that you've added alot to this online forum, and my car is better for it.

Now, back to the MRX. I'm waiting to see some real dyno, not Vdyno, graphs with the new wastegate..............!!