Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

So let's say you have an ATP 2554. What are the chances of sending it into Mountune to get it upgraded to the MRX turbo???

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I paid $10k for my LS3 stroker...lol
BUILT Mast Motorsports (as opposed to one of their crate engines), or local custom builder?

I think the exchange rate has changed since the dollar has strengthened.
Or the pound being severely devalued due to their 'genius' Brexit. LOL

BUILT Mast Motorsports (as opposed to one of their crate engines), or local custom builder?

My engine was built by Dave White at Redline Motorsports (West). Engine dyno'd by CPR Engines. Custom built to my specs with their input. 637hp/586flbs 416ci LS3. She was a romper.

Or the pound being severely devalued due to their 'genius' Brexit. LOL
Yes, that one....lol

Honestly, I want to take the turbo off and throw the ebay manifold on, but ive changed turbos 3 times and I'm freaking SICK of it... maybe ill wait a month xD
I would like to see that as well!

Call me snobby, but I would love to see that adapter go away. Something about having a vband turbine housing and not using it gets me.

The Pumaspeed V fits the 2800 series ATP. I emailed ATP and they did confirm their 2554R and GTX2860 uses different "turbo to manifold" and "turbine to downpipe" flanges. I got a beat around answer but they said the two kits do use "specific parts". Looking at Garrett's specs the two turbo frame sizes are slightly different which makes sense. This would indicate that positioning may be off. However, they have to be very close by looking at thd picturd of them side by side. The next move is to contact Pumaspeed to get some measurements on the difference between the stock flange and vband manifolds. If the centering is identical then the distance moved back can be compared to an MRX flange. It needs to be very close for the oil dump and downpipe alignment. But it just may work!

I may just order one and give it a shot. If it doesn't work, exchange for the stock flanged one.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
A ported stock manifold would be great on this setup.
That's very interesting you said that.....hehe.....someone just may have to test that idea and another idea at the same time.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
That's very interesting you said that.....hehe.....someone just may have to test that idea and another idea at the same time.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It very well could be in the works.... Hehe

Where are you guys getting your ported stock manifolds, Ebay then porting them? I have had a WTB posted for a few weeks now with no avail. Of course, this is before I was considering the SS options.

I definitely get the appeal of the stock manifold. Even if the stock shield won't directly fit the entire housing of the Garrett core, it could be modified to cover just the manifold, which will still help greatly. Heat is ALWAYS the enemy

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Where are you guys getting your ported stock manifolds, Ebay then porting them? I have had a WTB posted for a few weeks now with no avail. Of course, this is before I was considering the SS options.

I definitely get the appeal of the stock manifold. Even if the stock shield won't directly fit the entire housing of the Garrett core, it could be modified to cover just the manifold, which will still help greatly. Heat is ALWAYS the enemy
Be tough to find now that skittle is out of the scene. Takes alot of time and bits to port one.

Heat is ALWAYS the enemy
Actually heat is what makes your turbo spool. Hence the cast manifold being so nice. But I get what you're saying. Someone on here supposedly picked up a turbo blanket (saw in another thread) I'm interested to hear his opinions and results from that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm not sure the compressor is any bigger on these than on a hybrid. The benefit I think is the exhaust wheel.

Actually heat is what makes your turbo spool. Hence the cast manifold being so nice. But I get what you're saying. Someone on here supposedly picked up a turbo blanket (saw in another thread) I'm interested to hear his opinions and results from that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Yes, I meant radiant heat, not internal combustion heat within the manifold increasing velocity. A properly designed equal length manifold should outperform a log manifold in every way. Durability is the only catch. Too bad these weren't made to be twin-scroll with a twin-scroll turbine housing in the MRX turbo.

I am surprised with all the new offerings coming out that no one has made an effort at a twin-scroll set up. I've seen how much they can cut spool times on an equal sized turbo frame. Port matching and thermally coating an Ebay manifold sound like it might be a viable option. I don't see why you couldn't just get an appropriately sized v-band flange welded on to ditch the adapter too...

I am surprised with all the new offerings coming out that no one has made an effort at a twin-scroll set up. I've seen how much they can cut spool times on an equal sized turbo frame. Port matching and thermally coating an Ebay manifold sound like it might be a viable option. I don't see why you couldn't just get an appropriately sized v-band flange welded on to ditch the adapter too...
Honestly, me too. Twin scroll definitely cuts times substantially.

Ebay manifold definitely has its merits. Welding the vband flange is doable but it's about spacing. The flange would need to be fabricated on the car with the turbo to ensure the proper placement for oil drain and downpipe alignment. It would be great to find a bolt on solution.