Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

antarctica24

I agree that the MRX makes way more power than a stock turbo. I don't think that was ever the question.
Let me ask you this, I mean no disrespect as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Do you have a point to make? All of the guys here on this thread, at least most, bought the MRX for their on reasons. My guess was they didnt want a hack. They wanted something that made more power than stock, they wanted something that was reliable, they wanted something that absolutely makes more boost than the X-47, and they wanted it from a respectable company, and they wanted a fair price. The x-47 does not fall into any of these groups. With the exception of my buddy in GA, who got his for like $1000.00 installed, with everything I just said, I would have bought it for $1000 installed.

Again, not trying to be mean, but if I wanted something that was torquy at 1500 rpm, I would have bought the x-47. I stand by everything I was asked. Its almost like your on this thread trying to talk us out of what we bought, and the reality is we dont care. Everyone who bought the MRX, loves the turbo. Im not interested in your dyno graphs, if you have an X-47 go do a data log for us, and post the spreadsheet right here. Otherwise I am not sure what were talking about.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Im not gna do what everyone thinks im gna do and FREAK OUT MAN!
Mountune's web page for the CBE I bought says in 3 places that it "optimizes performance" or the like. When I installed it I had my tuner look at some logs to see if there was any tune adjustment needed/power gained. The answer, NO. Of course I expected this, I bought it because I wanted Mountune quality and Mountune sound. A few HP would be nice but I was not surprised.

As I said elsewhere I've completely lost confidence in Vdyno. I've done about 30 pulls/datalogs with my X47, same road, same temps, a few minutes apart in many cases, and the results are often 10-20 hp difference. Take a slight downramp and log there, you'll get 30 more hp and tq. So I just don't believe all these Vdynos out there that show unrealistic results.

Sadly a real dyno can be doctored too so I'm kinda only believing people I know and trust to post theirs. In the case of Bryan (antarctica24) and my upcoming comparo, neither of us is in a competition or needs to prove anything so there is nothing to lose in just being honest about all results/dynos/logs.

From your personal experiences with this hybrid; Do you sense that the "makes power to just over 7500 revs" quote above is also BS? [dunno]
The way they make it sound makes you think or expect something unrealistic IMHO. I don't think they even recommend setting the limiter that high so that is waaaaaayyyyy misleading. Yes it "makes power" of course, so does a mouse on a mouse wheel - but it does not keep peak power that long. My logs have mine pretty consistent at 25-25.5 until 6k and then it tapers to 24psi until cutoff at 6,500. Of course that's because of my tuner but he has tuned it safely. I suppose it could do more but it would be at the expense of reliability.

But subjectively, it definitely "pulls hard to redline", no doubt.

The thing about the X47s is there are hardly any real dyno graphs out there from 3rd party sources so it's hard to believe this or that. I'm hoping with both the MRX and X47 and the new Vargas, as the months roll on, we get more real dynos of what the cars are doing....I'll be posting one later this fall. Like I've said before I'm fully expecting 275-280 for both hp and tq.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Let me ask you this, I mean no disrespect as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Do you have a point to make? All of the guys here on this thread, at least most, bought the MRX for their on reasons. My guess was they didnt want a hack. They wanted something that made more power than stock, they wanted something that was reliable, they wanted something that absolutely makes more boost than the X-47, and they wanted it from a respectable company, and they wanted a fair price. The x-47 does not fall into any of these groups. With the exception of my buddy in GA, who got his for like $1000.00 installed, with everything I just said, I would have bought it for $1000 installed.

Again, not trying to be mean, but if I wanted something that was torquy at 1500 rpm, I would have bought the x-47. I stand by everything I was asked. Its almost like your on this thread trying to talk us out of what we bought, and the reality is we dont care. Everyone who bought the MRX, loves the turbo. Im not interested in your dyno graphs, if you have an X-47 go do a data log for us, and post the spreadsheet right here. Otherwise I am not sure what were talking about.
So why did you buy the car that was a torque monster at 1500 rpm to begin with? I'm mystified...

And where is your vdyno / dyno graph? Did I miss something? Do you really want an X-47 graph to compare to, right fuckin' now? 'Cause I'll get you one if you're that hard up for it.

Butterybunz

You are the one who seems to be on some type of conquest... You quoted a post of mine from months ago where I was sharing my experience with the ATP version of this turbo. When a new turbo comes out it is very normal to compare it to the options that already exist, no? You are the one making incorrect and exaggerated claims. I have said multiple times that I'm glad you like your MRX.

antarctica24

So why did you buy the car that was a torque monster at 1500 rpm to begin with? I'm mystified...

And where is your vdyno / dyno graph? Did I miss something? Do you really want an X-47 graph to compare to, right fuckin' now? 'Cause I'll get you one if you're that hard up for it.
Wow I think your missing the point. I don't care about your x-47 take your non sense and peddle it somewhere else. No one in this thread cares about your x-47.

I bought the car because I liked the car. I bought the mbx because I didn't want a hack for a turbo. If your not hear to provide feedback on your experience with the Mountune 2554r which you have never owned, go away. Your 2554r is not the same turbo as the mbx. The mbx has a different turbine wheel. So they are not the same that means you have zero experience with the mbx. I don't care about your tune. Jeff and I will do a real world comparison between the two when I am told by randy who is tuning my car for free that I can release the information.

I recommend anyone reading this thread who is interested in real world results on the experience of a Mountune mbx turbo to ignore this forum troll. There are plenty of threads about th. -47 you can go troll on and toot your own horn.

antarctica24

You are the one who seems to be on some type of conquest... You quoted a post of mine from months ago where I was sharing my experience with the ATP version of this turbo. When a new turbo comes out it is very normal to compare it to the options that already exist, no? You are the one making incorrect and exaggerated claims. I have said multiple times that I'm glad you like your MRX.
Not exaggerating anything I'm commenting on my real world experience with this turbo for which you have never owned. I can say anything I want to say about this turbo. Eva use I own it and I have driven on it and I have driven on the stock turbo that was modified. Jeff and I will do real world comparisons when I am allowed to release my data. I trust Jeff implicitly and fell he is very honest and we will release the information together.

You can't question my experience with this turbo because you have never owned one.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Wow I think your missing the point. I don't care about your x-47 take your non sense and peddle it somewhere else. No one in this thread cares about your x-47.

I bought the car because I liked the car. I bought the mbx because I didn't want a hack for a turbo. If your not hear to provide feedback on your experience with the Mountune 2554r which you have never owned, go away. Your 2554r is not the same turbo as the mbx. The mbx has a different turbine wheel. So they are not the same that means you have zero experience with the mbx. I don't care about your tune. Jeff and I will do a real world comparison between the two when I am told by randy who is tuning my car for free that I can release the information.

I recommend anyone reading this thread who is interested in real world results on the experience of a Mountune mbx turbo to ignore this forum troll. There are plenty of threads about th. -47 you can go troll on and toot your own horn.
First off, what the hell is an MBX? You really need to proof read your comments first.

Second, you're here promoting the MRX as the second coming of Jebus... It's laggy but does produce top end power. Having the graphs from both turbos to compare their power delivery is good to have but you're inflating the results.

Third - go ahead, call Pumaspeed a hack, that's fine, I don't care. My turbo is running smooth and that's all I really care about.

Fourth - where are your results? You claim that everyone should ignore me but listen to you so... what are the results you have? Not done tuning? Then shut the fuck up about it.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Not exaggerating anything I'm commenting on my real world experience with this turbo for which you have never owned. I can say anything I want to say about this turbo. Eva use I own it and I have driven on it and I have driven on the stock turbo that was modified. Jeff and I will do real world comparisons when I am allowed to release my data. I trust Jeff implicitly and fell he is very honest and we will release the information together.

You can't question my experience with this turbo because you have never owned one.
Are you two using the exact same dyno? Going on the same day? If not, the results aren't comparable. Sorry - real world atmospheric changes will affect the cars performance. Don't you know that by now?

Also, proof read your comments. Your posts are a disaster.

This might help you out in the future: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your

http://wikidiff.com/feel/fell

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/loose-or-lose

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Let's clear the air. I dont give two balls about the x47 or the MRX. I care about power and in the grand scheme of things they both arent huge power adders all things considered (2860, 67). So a just let the numbers come and let people make their own assumptions.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Are you two using the exact same dyno? Going on the same day? If not, the results aren't comparable. Sorry - real world atmospheric changes will affect the cars performance. Don't you know that by now?

This might help you out in the future: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your

I stated elsewhere that this was not a perfect comparison since we live on separate coasts. But I'd venture to say 98% of comparisons done on this forum are not using the same dyno on the same day. We look at one done here and one done there and compare, that's pretty standard. So our comparison will be in the same vein.

On that note, many of the graphs/comparisons are known to be skewed/inflated. What we're going to provide is an honest 3rd party examination of both turbos. The goal is not to say which is better - it's simply to point out the strong points of each and help people make an educated decision. I'd be happy with either - they are both great products, I think.

What will be very helpful in my opinion is looking at datalogs once tune revisions are done and knowing when boost comes on, where it levels, and when it tapers off. That really gives the reader a sense of how the car feels and what driveability is like without even driving it. That, along with Vdynos and real dynos that are not in a control group but are certainly useful, will provide interesting information.

Even if our 2 cars were on the same road/dyno the comparison would be flawed....Bryan's car is catless, my is catted. His has 175,000 miles, mine has 20,000. So there are other variables that will skew any comparison like this even if we were doing it the "right way".

Nobody may care about such a comparison but B and I have been talking about our cars for years and made the leap to upgraded turbo at the same time so this is interesting to us.

I'm sure you have misspelled things before in your 590 posts, have some class man.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I stated elsewhere that this was not a perfect comparison since we live on separate coasts. But I'd venture to say 98% of comparisons done on this forum are not using the same dyno on the same day. We look at one done here and one done there and compare, that's pretty standard. So our comparison will be in the same vein.

On that note, many of the graphs/comparisons are known to be skewed/inflated. What we're going to provide is an honest 3rd party examination of both turbos. The goal is not to say which is better - it's simply to point out the strong points of each and help people make an educated decision. I'd be happy with either - they are both great products, I think.

What will be very helpful in my opinion is looking at datalogs once tune revisions are done and knowing when boost comes on, where it levels, and when it tapers off. That really gives the reader a sense of how the car feels and what driveability is like without even driving it. That, along with Vdynos and real dynos that are not in a control group but are certainly useful, will provide interesting information.

Even if our 2 cars were on the same road/dyno the comparison would be flawed....Bryan's car is catless, my is catted. His has 175,000 miles, mine has 20,000. So there are other variables that will skew any comparison like this even if we were doing it the "right way".

Nobody may care about such a comparison but B and I have been talking about our cars for years and made the leap to upgraded turbo at the same time so this is interesting to us.

I'm sure you have misspelled things before in your 590 posts, have some class man.
A noble goal that I once aimed for... I wish you both better luck than I had.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mountune haters out in force as usual......no iron in the fire other than to bitch as usual.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

My class has long since disappeared. I'll tell you can't spell to your face and I've come to expect nothing less of the world. If no one tells someone that they're stupid and wrong they'll just continue - when all we have are the words on the screen for communication then every effort should be taken to have our thoughts portrayed clearly. Does every different person have to use their own experience to interpret what they THINK they OP is saying or should it be clear from the OP what they're saying?

So, basically, what you two want to do is compare dyno runs but not actually doing the runs together or with the same mods. So how is this supposed to be helpful in providing clarity to the situation? You claim that this will be an honest 3rd party examination but who is the 3rd party?

I've begun to look at the lag profiles of the curves - wherever the curve starts is where the driver hit WOT. So, watch the RPM immediately after to determine how much lag the turbo exhibits from a WOT condition. Everyone knows that numbers can be skewed, I'm all about the area under the curve.

Last edited:

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
My class has long since disappeared. I'll tell you can't spell to your face and I've come to expect nothing less of the world. If no one tells someone they'll just continue- when all we have are the words on the screen for communication then every effort should be taken to have our thoughts portrayed clearly. Does every different person have to use their own experience to interpret what they THINK they OP is saying or should it be clear from the OP what they're saying?

So, basically, what you two want to do is compare dyno runs but not actually doing the runs together or with the same mods. So how is this supposed to be helpful in providing clarity to the situation? You claim that this will be an honest 3rd party examination but who is the 3rd party?

I've begun to look at the lag profiles of the curves - wherever the curve starts is where the driver hit WOT. So, watch the RPM immediately after to determine how much lag the turbo exhibits from a WOT condition. Everyone knows that numbers can be skewed, I'm all about the area under the curve. .
They're trying to describe driveability with data. I could be wrong, though.

antarctica24

Hey tool, STFU and go away.

Did I spell that right?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club