Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Congratulations! You have typed the dumbest thing I've read all day. A prize not taken lightly. Yea because you know what everyone is thinking and how they compare things. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

P.s. What the hell difference does it make if the C39 was reliable? Power is power. It made X power and the MRX made X power. Compare. That fucking simple.
The difference is that trends for reliability and consistency could never be established for the C39. Although...we could try to argue the same for the MRX, considering both, it, and the C39, are hybrids. However, the manufacturer of the MRX has a higher reputation. You're catching hell every time you bring it up because the C39 went by the wayside before it could be proven.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
The difference is that trends for reliability and consistency could never be established for the C39. Although...we could try to argue the same for the MRX, considering both, it, and the C39, are hybrids. However, the manufacturer of the MRX has a higher reputation. You're catching hell every time you bring it up because the C39 went by the wayside before it could be proven.
Once again this isn't about reliability. It's about numbers. Goddamn.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Once again this isn't about reliability. It's about numbers. Goddamn.
Ok, I think I understand you now. C39 has put up the numbers.

However, a lot of our community here has matured beyond looking at numbers alone. So, for them that is not the sole factor.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

However, a lot of our community here has matured beyond looking at numbers alone. So, for them that is not the sole factor.
What he said!^^^^^

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #927
drama without me!? WHAT IS THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

How in the hell did we go from comparing numbers to reliability? Don't compare its numbers to the c39 because the c39 was unreliable. Don't take numbers and info already avail and compare to the mrx because it was unreliable. What logic? The logic of you being butt hurt by the c39? Whether it was reliable or not, we know what kind of hp they produced. Compare it to the MRX.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How in the hell did we go from comparing numbers to reliability? Don't compare its numbers to the c39 because the c39 was unreliable. Don't take numbers and info already avail and compare to the mrx because it was unreliable. What logic? The logic of you being butt hurt by the c39? Whether it was reliable or not, we know what kind of hp they produced. Compare it to the MRX.
You're correct. But, even "a broken clock is right twice a day."

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Hell, I was just tryna compare numbers and hear came people talking about reliability. I made a simple statement. I had a baseline and compared it to the mrx. Yet, someone thought that wasn't optimum since the c39 wasn't reliable. What sense or logic that made bewildered means still does. I had a turbo that made 270ish. Mrx makes more. That was it, someone couldnt let that be.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Has anyone made a MRX street or road course vid yet? I skimmed the last several pages and didn't see anything.

antarctica24

So let me ask a question to someone who has driven a high horsepower fiesta. And before I start so I don't upset anyone I am typing on my phone and spell check seems to have a mind of its own.

I still don't like you but but I have to respect that you might know more about this than I do. So I will keep it civil.

So we're taking the vdyno graphs, and we're saying that this turbo makes no power under 5000 rpm? Is that right? Or are we saying that it makes its peak boost at 5000 rpm and the x-47 makes its peak below 5000 rpm?

If that is case what your saying is if I had two equally weighted fiestas side by side one with an x-47 and one with a mrx the x-47 is going to beat the mrx in the quarter mile? If that is what your saying we need some way to put that to the test because I don't believe it. The power curve on the x-47 per the vdyno graphs show the power curve to be peaky and not linear. Power comes on quicker but it then drops off like the stock one. I absolutely could see the x-47 car get a leg up but I don't see it holding the lead. I'm making based on my excel spreadsheet over 27lbs way before 5000 and he's not done. There is another one making 29lbs way before 5000. I promised I will share the information when Jeff and I put that data together but I promised I would not share until he was done.

Now after a spirited drive today on some crazy country back roads that I drive all the time the mrx handles very similarly to the stock turbo when riding in 6th gear at 60-80mph as the tach is at about 2500-3000. Obviously the closer to 2500 the longer it takes, theirs your lag however, if I'm doing 80 and the car is at 3000 in 6th gear it is a very nice linear progression in acceleration. The car pulls extremely hard in 1st through 3rd from 3-6500 and it pulls moderately hard from 3-6500 in 4th, it pulls hard from about 3700 to 6500 in 5th again in a linear curve and if I'm doing 70-80 and I do anything in 6th that I could in the stock one.

I understand lag to be and please clairify if I'm wrong, but lag feels like your putting the accelerators down and the car feels like it Boggs down. I don't get that. It first gear when I do a part throttle down it takes about a second and the tires are gone. On part throttle. 2nd is the exact same way 3rd is dumb, the car is just ballistic. I would imagine it is very different from what you had because all of your power was up too. This doesn't feel that way.

One more thing. And I say this for everyone who has bought this turbo, if you didn't buy it and don't like that we bought it, we don't give a rats butt. We don't care that you bought something else. We dont care if your car is faster, and we don't care that your turbo is doesn't have a nice linear curve , we don't care that your turbo has this freak peak number at 700rpm. as a matter of fact unless your looking to buy one or have already purchased one we don't care about anything that you have say unless it is positive. We not selling our turbo so that you feel better about what you purchased.

Unless anyone here lives near each other and can take you x-47 and mrx to the drag stop to see the conversation is meaningless to compare until Jeff and I provide numbers based on an imaginary dyno graph.

So with that said hijinx please see if you can answer the questions in a civilized manner instead of being sarcastic or demeaning.

Thank you

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So let me ask a question to someone who has driven a high horsepower fiesta. And before I start so I don't upset anyone I am typing on my phone and spell check seems to have a mind of its own.

I still don't like you but but I have to respect that you might know more about this than I do. So I will keep it civil.

So we're taking the vdyno graphs, and we're saying that this turbo makes no power under 5000 rpm? Is that right? Or are we saying that it makes its peak boost at 5000 rpm and the x-47 makes its peak below 5000 rpm?

With this first question, the focus should be on the area "under the curve." So, if you want to make 5krpm the mark, look at the average power between the rpm at the start of the log to 5krpm, choosing data points along the way e.g. 2krpm, 2.5krpm, 3krpm, etc. etc. That will show you which car is making the most, or if they're similar. Since we have the tools, look at your raw data from the log, pick a mph range from when you're in WOT. Say, 25mph-50mph, and take note of the time to compare. For the second question here, I'm not sure if we should worry about peak boost or not. We can get a very close idea of peak boost by looking at the torque curve. Besides, if you're making comparable torque and power at 3krpm, it's irrelevant at that isolated data point if one turbo is doing it at 26psi, and the other at 16psi.

If that is case what your saying is if I had two equally weighted fiestas side by side one with an x-47 and one with a mrx the x-47 is going to beat the mrx in the quarter mile? If that is what your saying we need some way to put that to the test because I don't believe it. The power curve on the x-47 per the vdyno graphs show the power curve to be peaky and not linear. Power comes on quicker but it then drops off like the stock one. I absolutely could see the x-47 car get a leg up but I don't see it holding the lead. I'm making based on my excel spreadsheet over 27lbs way before 5000 and he's not done. There is another one making 29lbs way before 5000. I promised I will share the information when Jeff and I put that data together but I promised I would not share until he was done.

This reminds me of when I went up against Sondi a couple years ago. My 93 tune was more or less wrapped up on 450r kit, no E30-50, or aux fuel. I was making about 300whp@7400 and 290wtq@4kish (I'd have to look through the vdynos). Sondi was a "full" Stage 3 car, but I can't remember if he was on E30 at the time... Anyway, he DECIMATED me off the line. On street tires, I had a 2.3 60' and his was 2.2. Torque is what gets you off the line, even if he was on 93, he probably had similar torque but his was down low. Torque gets you off the line, and horsepower keeps you accelerating. I bring this story up to illustrate that had Sondi been able to keep that momentum going (X47 style), I probably wouldn't have casually blown by him after the 330' mark. All other things being equal (supporting mods, slicks, drivers skill, weights, same track, same day), if both cars are making 300/300 (with different powerbands), the winner is likely going to be the one who gets into their powerband first.

Now after a spirited drive today on some crazy country back roads that I drive all the time the mrx handles very similarly to the stock turbo when riding in 6th gear at 60-80mph as the tach is at about 2500-3000. Obviously the closer to 2500 the longer it takes, theirs your lag however, if I'm doing 80 and the car is at 3000 in 6th gear it is a very nice linear progression in acceleration. The car pulls extremely hard in 1st through 3rd from 3-6500 and it pulls moderately hard from 3-6500 in 4th, it pulls hard from about 3700 to 6500 in 5th again in a linear curve and if I'm doing 70-80 and I do anything in 6th that I could in the stock one.

I understand lag to be and please clairify if I'm wrong, but lag feels like your putting the accelerators down and the car feels like it Boggs down. I don't get that. It first gear when I do a part throttle down it takes about a second and the tires are gone. On part throttle. 2nd is the exact same way 3rd is dumb, the car is just ballistic. I would imagine it is very different from what you had because all of your power was up too. This doesn't feel that way.

Yes, lag is kind of like waiting for a computer program to boot up. You open the program, but nothing's happening quite yet. My car really isn't that laggy...peak boost is around 5krpm, but that's 34psi...the party gets warmed up around 3.5krpm and move into a rager at 5k. So my experience is much like yours. Grab my dyno and start comparing plot points and you'll see. Also, I think I have a video up of just driving around town and getting on the highway with the AP in view.

One more thing. And I say this for everyone who has bought this turbo, if you didn't buy it and don't like that we bought it, we don't give a rats butt. We don't care that you bought something else. We dont care if your car is faster, and we don't care that your turbo is doesn't have a nice linear curve , we don't care that your turbo has this freak peak number at 700rpm. as a matter of fact unless your looking to buy one or have already purchased one we don't care about anything that you have say unless it is positive. We not selling our turbo so that you feel better about what you purchased.

Unless anyone here lives near each other and can take you x-47 and mrx to the drag stop to see the conversation is meaningless to compare until Jeff and I provide numbers based on an imaginary dyno graph.

So with that said hijinx please see if you can answer the questions in a civilized manner instead of being sarcastic or demeaning.

Thank you
Hope that helps.