Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Part of it is also that one is feeling all of that power through the tractive (or UN-tractive as the case may be) wheels DIRECTLY into ones' hands, on a platform which by the laws of physics is transferring all of that traction giving weight OFF OF the driven wheels during any acceleration.

This can be countered in many ways, with the best (and ONLY partial solution IF one wants to maintain the handling/response this car is known for) being a Torsen/worm gear type limited slip diff.
Yes, wrinkle wall drag slicks will help, as will a full-on drag race, 6 second, FWD Civic suspension/chassis/drive train setup (but the physics are STILL working against you!), but just try and drive that around turns on the streets, let alone a road course, at anything above a crawl. [wink] LOL

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Wow everyone is getting along now. Yall made me put my popcorn away but I much prefer this nice exchange in information to drama anyways . Well done guys. This turbo out of all of them is on my list although I now have to wait a few morr months than expected.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

antarctica24

Updated tuning results

So I got permission to post this for anyone who is curious.

bryan_wilkinson_dyno_beta_2C.jpg

This is tune 3, running on 92 oct as that is all we have here.

This is making 26lbs of boost just over 4K on this run, the last run I made 27lbs at 4079K
The turbo is moving about 27lbs of air at 6900RPM.

I am being told there is way more in this based on the amount of air I am flowing. I guess we will see.

I want to say this for those who do not own this turbo, Make no mistake regardless of what turbo you purchase, 50 HP over stock is no joke. These guys that are making 350 and 400, are due some respect as to being able to drive this car with that power. All of this bickering back and forth about the X-47 and 2554R blah blah blah. Regardless of which one you buy or any of the others for that matter, you will have a good time. Buy the one that offers you the hope of the least amount of trouble. The MRX is a little more effort to install than the X-47 but just barely.

I want to reiterate for those that are shopping, you can drive this turbo just like stock. It requires knowing how far to put your foot down. I can shift spiritedly through town doing all part throttle, or I can throw down, which I am getting used to every day. The guys that are making 350 and 400+ let them. You dont need it and you dont need to spend the money for it. A meth kit on this turbo and your in the 310's to 330's and I am telling you that is a lot and for mere mortals, it is more than enough

Its funny, Jeff and I had completely decided we were not going to upgrade out turbos. He was content on State 2, and I was content on Stage 3, mind you if you look at my build thread, My stage 3 was the COBB OTS Stage 3. No other tuner has touched this car for 177,000 miles. If your curious, everything is still holding up including the clutch. Jeff got a deal on his x-47 and I bit the bullet on the MRX. We both think our purchases were good investments.

I will keep everyone posted of my progress as the tuning continues. I received tune #4 with upgraded timing and boost, I will doing that run soon.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
As someone on the fence between the two, I sincerely appreciate this post @antartica24. Thx buddy

Would be interesting to see how this turbo fairs on the track road racing that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

View attachment 15451

This is making 26lbs of boost just over 4K on this run, the last run I made 27lbs at 4079K
The turbo is moving about 27lbs of air at 6900RPM.

I am being told there is way more in this based on the amount of air I am flowing. I guess we will see.

I want to say this for those who do not own this turbo, Make no mistake regardless of what turbo you purchase, 50 HP over stock is no joke. These guys that are making 350 and 400, are due some respect as to being able to drive this car with that power. All of this bickering back and forth about the X-47 and 2554R blah blah blah. Regardless of which one you buy or any of the others for that matter, you will have a good time. Buy the one that offers you the hope of the least amount of trouble. The MRX is a little more effort to install than the X-47 but just barely.

I want to reiterate for those that are shopping, you can drive this turbo just like stock. It requires knowing how far to put your foot down. I can shift spiritedly through town doing all part throttle, or I can throw down, which I am getting used to every day. The guys that are making 350 and 400+ let them. You dont need it and you dont need to spend the money for it. A meth kit on this turbo and your in the 310's to 330's and I am telling you that is a lot and for mere mortals, it is more than enough

Its funny, Jeff and I had completely decided we were not going to upgrade out turbos. He was content on State 2, and I was content on Stage 3, mind you if you look at my build thread, My stage 3 was the COBB OTS Stage 3. No other tuner has touched this car for 177,000 miles. If your curious, everything is still holding up including the clutch. Jeff got a deal on his x-47 and I bit the bullet on the MRX. We both think our purchases were good investments.

I will keep everyone posted of my progress as the tuning continues. I received tune #4 with upgraded timing and boost, I will doing that run soon.
Why does your car weigh 3200lbs?

View attachment 15451

You can also check in that box titled "SAE" and change the temperature to whatever the ambient temp was the day you took the log. This will give you a more accurate reading.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
So I'm looking on a topo map it looks like closer to 2400 where I am doing my runs I'll check it with the phone when I go back out there for my 4th catalog this week
When you go out snag the current air temp and air pressure. If the pressure is from a website it will be sealevel pressure and will need to be corrected for elevation. If the pressure is from a gauge you can use it directly. If you do this for all logs it will make comparing them against each other more accurate. If you are doing your runs on a state highway I can tell you the %grade of the road if you send me the SR # and milepost.

antarctica24

Ecuador I love making fun of myself I had to share

I get my new tune from Randy
I upload to access port
I collect the temp57 degrees
I collect the altitude 1639 feet
I collect the barometer at the location 28.101inHg

I turn off esc.
I start the data recording
Normally what happens is this stretch of road innornally redline 1/2 way down the road
This time I'm at 6300rpm and I run out of road.

Can anyone guess what I did wrong?

No?

When you upload a new tune you have to change the slot to where the tune is.

So my run on this beautiful morning was done on my starter tune in slot 1

I'm going to out a piece of paper on dash that says
1. Put the car in slot 2
2. Turn off the esc
3. Don't be a pansy and put your foot to the floor until 7k

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ecuador I love making fun of myself I had to share

I get my new tune from Randy
I upload to access port
I collect the temp57 degrees
I collect the altitude 1639 feet
I collect the barometer at the location 28.101inHg

I turn off esc.
I start the data recording
Normally what happens is this stretch of road innornally redline 1/2 way down the road
This time I'm at 6300rpm and I run out of road.

Can anyone guess what I did wrong?

No?

When you upload a new tune you have to change the slot to where the tune is.

So my run on this beautiful morning was done on my starter tune in slot 1

I'm going to out a piece of paper on dash that says
1. Put the car in slot 2
2. Turn off the esc
3. Don't be a pansy and put your foot to the floor until 7k
Redlining it was so foreign to me... I baby my car! Well, kinda...

After installing a friend's turbo we went out to my testing road (2 mins from my house) and I'll never forget his face when I asked him to go WOT till 6800rpm - he thought I was fuckin' with him!!

antarctica24

Redlining it was so foreign to me... I baby my car! Well, kinda...

After installing a friend's turbo we went out to my testing road (2 mins from my house) and I'll never forget his face when I asked him to go WOT till 6800rpm - he thought I was fuckin' with him!!
I had been running it until the fuel cut off.

Randy finally said he would up the redline a little for me to get me to 7K.

The first couple of runs, aka my last item on my list, I was getting to 6200 and then easing my foot off and it was reading 99%, 98% as I was coming up on redline,

so you can imagine this morning, Im on tune 1, where I normally end my run 1/2 way down this road, Im getting to the end of the road Im at 6300RPM and coming up on 110mph, and like What is going on??????