Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I had my access port for 6 months before I almost redlined and saw the shift lights come on. Thought wtf was that? Did it again to try to replicate what I saw. Didn't know the ap gad shift lights lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

antarctica24

OK, so I made my run on my 4th tune. Randy has not approved me releasing anything as of yet, but I know I ran on the right tune, so there's that.

I recorded my Temp and corrected in VDyno
I recorded my barometer and corrected that in VDyno
and according to the logs, at 6850 RPM I am moving 29.38lb/min of air.

I am super excited by the results, which I am certain he will let me post soon.

So I took my ST to the track for the first time with the MRX upgrade. Im on my 6th tune with Randy, and I was running 100 octane fuel. My worn Bridgestone RE-11s with the stock diff were no match for that much power coming out of corners haha. It took some adjusting in terms of power application coming out of corners thats for sure. On the straights it made very easy work of any MX-5s, BRZs, FR-Ss, or Golf GTIs I came across. Unfortunately their were not any Focus STs out there to see how it compared. If I had to guess its worth another 5-8 mph on the straights, but Ill know for sure next time I go out to MSR Houston since I have data on that track.

antarctica24

Ok, I have a approved VDyno graph from Randy

The specs for this run included
Elevation was 2208
Barometer was 27.526 inHg
Temp was 47 degrees
58% humdity
Location just outside of Reardan WA
Weight was me 262 and some camping stuff I just bought that i forgot to take out of the car the day before so I had to take that in and weight it to get it right.
I pushed this thing to the edge of the apartment complex so I wouldn't wake anyone up on Sunday Morning as I left the house around 4:15am.

It looks like I made around 21psi at 3384rpm :)

melody_wilkinson_Mountune_2014_92_MRX_beta2E_rDP_Gear4.jpg

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

Elevation was 2208
Temp was 47 degrees
58% humdity
Weight was me 262 and some camping stuff I just bought that i forgot to take out of the car the day before so I had to take that in and weight it to get it right.
I pushed this thing to the edge of the apartment complex so I wouldn't wake anyone up on Sunday Morning as I left the house around 4:15am.

It looks like I made around 21psi at 3800rpm :)

View attachment 15483
Now that looks good!

Torque seems to come on early enough - could maybe ask for a bit more linear horsepower line up top but it doesn't fall off much.

antarctica24

Elevation was 2208
Temp was 47 degrees
58% humdity

It looks like I made around 21psi at 3800rpm :)

View attachment 15483
I forgot to mention this is on 92 octane as that is all we have here. I am not sure if he is tuning for 91, or adjusting based on readings for 92.

antarctica24

Elevation was 2208
Temp was 47 degrees
58% humdity

It looks like I made around 21psi at 3384rpm :)

View attachment 15483
I made an error. I stated 21 psi at 3488 and it is actually 3384. Sorry about that.

Curious what the typical install price is for this kit. Is everyone running Mountune's BOV or something else typically and what downpipes?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Curious what the typical install price is for this kit. Is everyone running Mountune's BOV or something else typically and what downpipes?
Install price is gonna vary by your area. But, typical time is 4-6 hours. Call a local shop and ask them about their labor rate, multiply that by the time and you'll have an estimate.

So, I was curious as to the status of the Wastegate Actuator that Mountune was supposed to be developing and shot them an e-mail - turns out this is either no longer in development, or never was. :( They basically said that they have no plans to change the MRX Turbo Kit, as it functions very well and that performance across the power band is excellent.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So, I was curious as to the status of the Wastegate Actuator that Mountune was supposed to be developing and shot them an e-mail - turns out this is either no longer in development, or never was. :( They basically said that they have no plans to change the MRX Turbo Kit, as it functions very well and that performance across the power band is excellent.
I'm not surprised. The link i posted above will work on this turbo. Just use the extension that is with the mountune provided unit.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'm not surprised. The link i posted above will work on this turbo. Just use the extension that is with the mountune provided unit.
Would you mind sharing what the WGDC Actual peak/hold in the best power band is from some of your MRX logs? I'm curious to see what the wastegate is actually doing.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club