Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

I am surprised with all the new offerings coming out that no one has made an effort at a twin-scroll set up. I've seen how much they can cut spool times on an equal sized turbo frame. Port matching and thermally coating an Ebay manifold sound like it might be a viable option. I don't see why you couldn't just get an appropriately sized v-band flange welded on to ditch the adapter too...
How soon we forget:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5899-PERON-P3xx-Twin-Scroll-Turbo-Thread

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Mountune does warn that a built motor is recommended for hard use fyi.
Where did you see this? I'm not able to find a statement regarding the recommendation on their website. They told me a built motor is unnecessary for track use. Doesn't get much harder than that.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Im on a ported stock manifold right now. Really interested to see how this turbo does on 93 and maybe a 100 octane tune for those cray nights.

Im on a ported stock manifold right now. Really interested to see how this turbo does on 93 and maybe a 100 octane tune for those cray nights.
With what we have seen from 91, I think things are going to get snappy. Definitely looking forward to boost logs with the ported manifold too.

Where did you see this? I'm not able to find a statement regarding the recommendation on their website. They told me a built motor is unnecessary for track use. Doesn't get much harder than that.
Disclaimer
As with any upgrade of this type, additional strain is placed upon your engine and drive train. While we have thoroughly tested and validated this upgrade without issues, additional power, cylinder pressure and temperatures may cause engine damage and/or complete failure. It is advised that you upgrade your internal engine components and drive train to support the additional power and performance. For motorsport and track use, it is strongly recommended to upgrade your engine internal components to avoid catastrophic engine failure. This product is for race and track use only.​

Near the bottom of this page:
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MRX-Turbocharger-Upgrade-p/2364-tu-aa.htm

I'm sure this is a CYA move on their part, but I would like to know how much this car can take for track use without blowing it up - with this turbo. Would it be recommended to have a "track tune"?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
With what we have seen from 91, I think things are going to get snappy. Definitely looking forward to boost logs with the ported manifold too.
I think it will be a slight improvement on the spool but a bigger improvement up top. On straight 100 or a 50/50 mix i think 330 is possible.

Im in the midst of tuning my MRX set up, and Im absolutely going to ask Randy for a "track friendly" tune. Not sure if that would change anything, but Id like something that significantly lowers the risk of me grenading my engine.

I'm just not sure why you would want to run a more aggressive tune on the street, with speed limits and such, than you would on the track...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm just not sure why you would want to run a more aggressive tune on the street, with speed limits and such, than you would on the track...

There's speed limits ?? [emoji849][emoji23]🤣[emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point is, why have your car tuned more aggressively when you're going to be putting on miles of "normal" driving than it is for a situation where you're actually going to be tapping into your greater than stock performance for nearly the entire time. But I'm sure you knew that.

It's basically completely backwards from any "track mode" type option on any car currently out there. I also wouldn't want a street tune that was so aggressive that I was concerned about engine longevity at the track. But maybe that's just me.

My point is, why have your car tuned more aggressively when you're going to be putting on miles of "normal" driving than it is for a situation where you're actually going to be tapping into your greater than stock performance for nearly the entire time. But I'm sure you knew that.

It's basically completely backwards from any "track mode" type option on any car currently out there. I also wouldn't want a street tune that was so aggressive that I was concerned about engine longevity at the track. But maybe that's just me.

I completely understand I was just joshin...

Eh. Given the way some people on here are apt to take things, I figured it was worth clarifying anyway.

Regardless, this certainly seems like the kit I'll be going for. It checks all the boxes for me.

Oh I know [emoji52] I will eventually switch to this turbo I am running the 2554 right now I'm impressed with this kit. I don't really think I need the whole kit though just the turbo itself and maybe the vband flange since some are saying it's larger. I would want a street tune and an aggressive track tune but I'm a straight line guy though!

That makes sense though. A hotter track tune makes sense to me. I've tried 1/4 mile and decided that it's ok but I'd need a car way faster than ours to really get a kick out of it.

I may price a new manifold at work to port myself. The 3.5EB manifolds are cheap enough.

Honestly, this is one of the fastest cars I've owned with the fastest being a 90 eagle talon fwd turbo. That car was way too much for me at the age I was (19) I built the motor and put a big turbo on it. Never tracked it though I sold it to some kid for a grand after I was having crazy electrical problems with it.

I have been pondering on doing the same to help with spool on 2554 cause this poor thing needs it [emoji3]