Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

So what is the average peak boost you guys are running? Interested to know since I'm only running 23 on my 2554r which I think it could be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So what is the average peak boost you guys are running? Interested to know since I'm only running 23 on my 2554r which I think it could be more.

Boost isn't the be all end all of making power. On 91 Id say you are where you need to be. Been speaking with Randy about stepping up to some race fuel/93 mixes.

Boost isn't the be all end all of making power. On 91 Id say you are where you need to be. Been speaking with Randy about stepping up to some race fuel/93 mixes.
I've been working with Ryan with PD finishing up on 91 now and about to move to e30. Thanks for the info.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I've been working with Ryan with PD finishing up on 91 now and about to move to e30. Thanks for the info.

Ole Ryan Ive been speaking with him alot. Great tuner and a gd friend.

Yep, bigger turbo will generate the same power with less boost pressure. It's all about volume of air.

Glad to see people are liking this turbo. So the base tune is included with the package, but people choosing to tune with Mountune, are you paying additional for the tuning? Just wondering if it's worth going with a private house (Stratified is local to me), or stick with Mountune.

Yep, bigger turbo will generate the same power with less boost pressure. It's all about volume of air.

Glad to see people are liking this turbo. So the base tune is included with the package, but people choosing to tune with Mountune, are you paying additional for the tuning? Just wondering if it's worth going with a private house (Stratified is local to me), or stick with Mountune.
It's an extra 250 for tuning I believe.

Not unreasonable. I'll probably stick with Stratified, but it's all a while away for me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think this turbo may exceed the fueling on e30. 100 would give me extra ceiling but damn its pricey!
Is that because of the actual lower energy content of E30 requiring that much more fuel volume than just using higher energy content, high octane, pure petroleum fuels?

That's exactly it.
E85 burns with the detonation resistance of about 120 octane but only has about 80% of the specific energy (IIRC)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Angryfist

I did my install 2 weeks ago and when I got to go to slot 2, I was getting limp mode in third gear every time I drove it. Randy was sending me a new file everyday until two days ago. finally no limp mode. The car rips in second and third and has been hitting 26lbs of boost. I finally get to start logging again. Cant wait to be done. Randy has been supper patient with me. I work night shift and that's when I get emails. Pretty sure he's not in the US so that might be why people are having response issues.

I got my turbo installed, and it is...fast :) Now onto more logs and revisions with Randy over the next few weeks. No issues other than a scary moment when my stock rubber elbow from the hot side pipe to the IC got pushed forward enough to crimp, throwing a fun WOT run into immediate limp mode and pants full of shit.

I'd love to see how these would match up against x37 or 47s on the track. I'm sure the loss of torque is gonna hurt this turbo. I know it pulls hard uo top but our fueling is very limited...

Angryfist

it doesn't do much in first [which I hated before cause of no traction] and when you grab second its 100 times better [to me] cause then it just pulls and pulls and pulls through the rest of the gears. Before it felt like anything after 3rd was pointless. I'm more into drag then road coarse though so to me its perfect.

Mines all in... forgot the fire ring from the v band adapter to manifold... don’t reply wanna take it apart again lol

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Mines all in... forgot the fire ring from the v band adapter to manifold... don’t reply wanna take it apart again lol
Bahahaha!

I ended up taking mine apart a few times as I had troubles getting it back together in the correct order. For me it was 'well I'm already here, might as well do it right...'

I hope it doesn't leak!!

Post up some results when you can - we should meet up and swap car to see how each car is different with the turbo set ups we have.

Took it apart. Fire ring made no difference. It was the vband the first time. Just put it back together and it still leaks. I can’t get the stupid vband seated.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
What kind of airflow numbers is everyone seeing? Im seeing about 27lb min which to be honest. IS weak