Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is why I'm in the works with FORGE to get one custom made and be available as they will have the specs to make them for the MRX/GT2554R....measurments and pictures have been done and it's in the works right now @ FORGE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
This is why I'm in the works with FORGE to get one custom made and be available as they will have the specs to make them for the MRX/GT2554R....measurments and pictures have been done and it's in the works right now @ FORGE.

Love to see it. I don't think it would be cool for them to charge people that have already bought full price. This thing always needed a bigger gate. It's obvious.

Bigger gate? As in on the turbo?

I believe he is speaking of the wastegate itself. I agree with him although Ryan seems to think it won't alleviate the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I believe he is speaking of the wastegate itself. I agree with him although Ryan seems to think it won't alleviate the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
I think it will. Look at the size advantage the mrx enjoys over the c39 and it holds boost well. The x37-47. Look at comp specs.
Rule of thumb is that you don't wanna run over double what the wg is rated at. Even brura22 is having some success by preloading the gate. Which makes sense....cause and effect.

I think it will. Look at the size advantage the mrx enjoys over the c39 and it holds boost well. The x37-47. Look at comp specs
That's what puzzled me since even the 2560 holds a flat boost curve on the top end.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
That's what puzzled me since even the 2560 holds a flat boost curve on the top end.

Exactly. Same turbine. Just a larger compressor. 60trim to our 54. The comp on this turbo is comparable to the x47 but the hot side is far better.

Are you implying a larger wastegate opening (say, 38mm vs 40mm) or a stiffer spring, so you don't have to preload it as much? You're kinda conflating terms. A "too small" wastegate shouldn't effect top end boost, but a wastegate spring that isn't stiff enough could.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Are you implying a larger wastegate opening (say, 38mm vs 40mm) or a stiffer spring, so you don't have to preload it as much? You're kinda conflating terms. A "too small" wastegate shouldn't effect top end boost, but a wastegate spring that isn't stiff enough could.
Sorry Pete. I should be more clear. I'm saying a stiffer spring. The opening is fine.

Dynos don't read the same between them. Easily doctored. Logs are logs.
I don't agree. I have never seen anyone show up for a tune with a Vdyno that matched their first pull... ever.

First off, it is very rare for a tuner to try to actually fake a dyno run, their credibility is at stake and its a business, they don't care about the results of 1 car owner out of the 500+ cars they tune every year.
Second, a dyno facility is a controlled environment with more variables being consistent than logging on a road. Vdynos are not accurate at all if you are looking for power numbers, repeatability, sure... as long as there are no changing variables (which there always are)
Third, other than Mustang dynos most same make dynos within the same area will read the same. the atmospheric conditions are close, elevation as well, air quality etc... I can say this from experience running a car on multiple dynos within 4 hours on the same day and the same makes of dynos were all less than 1% difference. Similar tests done with a few different cars on at different times, so the test results were repeatable. This was performed on cars from 400-900whp so any percentage difference would be a large hp number.

You guys are arguing about proof that was provided... he gave you factual data from a dyno run. While you can choose to disbelieve it you certainly shouldn't argue that it isn't factual and then try to discredit the data provided from a controlled environment with a tool designed specifically for tuning and providing that power data.

Sorry Pete. I should be more clear. I'm saying a stiffer spring. The opening is fine.
That's what I figured, for the reasons stated. And I agree, your WG spring shouldn't be holding over half your total boost. 11psi spring with nearly 28psi of peak is less than ideal, and preloading your spring is kind of a bandaid.

Given the inconsistency with results here, I wonder if there was a bad batch of springs. I didn't notice who makes the wastegate, but surely you could just order a stiffer spring for it.

Last edited:

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I don't agree. I have never seen anyone show up for a tune with a Vdyno that matched their first pull... ever.

First off, it is very rare for a tuner to try to actually fake a dyno run, their credibility is at stake and its a business, they don't care about the results of 1 car owner out of the 500+ cars they tune every year.
Second, a dyno facility is a controlled environment with more variables being consistent than logging on a road. Vdynos are not accurate at all if you are looking for power numbers, repeatability, sure... as long as there are no changing variables (which there always are)
Third, other than Mustang dynos most same make dynos within the same area will read the same. the atmospheric conditions are close, elevation as well, air quality etc... I can say this from experience running a car on multiple dynos within 4 hours on the same day and the same makes of dynos were all less than 1% difference. Similar tests done with a few different cars on at different times, so the test results were repeatable. This was performed on cars from 400-900whp so any percentage difference would be a large hp number.

You guys are arguing about proof that was provided... he gave you factual data from a dyno run. While you can choose to disbelieve it you certainly shouldn't argue that it isn't factual and then try to discredit the data provided from a controlled environment with a tool designed specifically for tuning and providing that power data.
Not v dynos. Logs. Numbers.

Not v dynos. Logs. Numbers.
Yes, and the logs that are captured by the dyno as well as the software on the car are more repeatable and controlled than on the street. This is my point.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yes, and the logs that are captured by the dyno as well as the software on the car are more repeatable and controlled than on the street. This is my point.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Logs captured under real world circumstances are typically better since they are just that. Real driving with wind resistance, proper flow ect. Ever wonder why mustang dynos are better? Cause they can get closer to simulating real world driving. We can argue this all day. This turbo ain't moving 31lbs at 20 psi. It sure as hell ain't hold 26 till redline as that dyno suggest.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
That's what I figured, for the reasons stated. And I agree, your WG spring should be holding over half your total boost. 11psi spring with nearly 28psi of peak is less than ideal, and preloading your spring is kind of a bandaid.

Given the inconsistency with results here, I wonder if there was a bad batch of springs. I didn't notice who makes the wastegate, but surely you could just order a stiffer spring for it.
The bad batch of springs crossed my mind.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #577
I better WG for this thing will definitely bring it to its full potential.
I'm gonna buy one, I'm just dreading taking the turbo back off.
If I do, I should just throw a tubular on it...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I better WG for this thing will definitely bring it to its full potential.
I'm gonna buy one, I'm just dreading taking the turbo back off.
If I do, I should just throw a tubular on it...

I know what you mean. It's a two person job to do it right for sure.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
+1 On the tubular manifold. Before and after dyno comparo would be sweet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

antarctica24

Ceramic Coating of Turbo and Manifold

So I have always wanted to do it, so I took the plunge and had the turbo and exhaust manifold ceramic coated. I will post pictures of the exhaust manifold pictures later but here is the turbo pictures.

View attachment 15170 View attachment 15171 View attachment 15172 View attachment 15173 View attachment 15175

Also I will share, I had to purchase a 2nd vacuum hose adapter for the one of the air tubes, because it didn't come with the kit. I am doing my install the weekend of the 27th, I am going to try really hard to put together some kind of install instructions as I do my install with pictures. Hopefuily all will go well.

These pictures go back and forth with showing if they don't show you should be able to click on the link.