Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Shameless plug, if anyone is looking to buy an MRX kit, I've got a new kit (standard WGA) with Mountune BOV in original boxes for $1450 shipped. I want it gone. See the "For Sale" thread I have up.

I'm not going to hijack this thread anymore, so please PM me or post in the For Sale thread regarding my situation, but the short answer is financial problems/stupidity. I need to get rid of one of my cars and I've opted to get rid of my fiesta since I had a pile of parts sitting in boxes I could also sell off. Once the MRX goes, the fiesta can go (I'm upside down). That's the last big ticket item I have left. I would have offered it for sale at some point anyway, since I bought an x47r a couple months after. If your question was asked in part to question my legitimacy, I already sold off the x47r, shipped it the following day via 2 day air + insurance and the member already has it (see his comment in the thread).

I'm not going to hijack this thread anymore, so please PM me or post in the For Sale thread regarding my situation, but the short answer is financial problems/stupidity. I need to get rid of one of my cars and I've opted to get rid of my fiesta since I had a pile of parts sitting in boxes I could also sell off. Once the MRX goes, the fiesta can go (I'm upside down). That's the last big ticket item I have left. I would have offered it for sale at some point anyway, since I bought an x47r a couple months after. If your question was asked in part to question my legitimacy, I already sold off the x47r, shipped it the following day via 2 day air + insurance and the member already has it (see his comment in the thread).
Copy that [thumb]
I'll go take a look at your For sale thread and we'll not clutter up this thread anymore [wink]

hello friends I am thinking about updating my turbo but I have no experience on this subject, since it is my first turbocharged car and it came only 3 months ago to my country I am in doubt of which is my best option if the mrx or the x47r. I have read that the mrx is more reliable and that for me is important, I repeat I have no experience in this nor am I an expert mechanic of cars only with basic knowledge since I intend to do the installation at home
In my country gasoline only reaches 91 octane so I would not know what would be the best power I could get, I currently have installed in my car (ap, intercooler depo, full exhaust mount 2.5 "(catback-midpipe) and a melody of stratified ...... I would like to obtain with this update more final power without sacrificing the initial .. come to 280 reais if possible (sorry friends do not speak English is my translator google) ..... I thank you for your opinions and tips
Making 280hp might be a little out of reach given 91 octane gasoline and the altitude above sea level in Cali. However, you will see a nice improvement in the high-RPM power.

I'd be pretty confident that Stratified can help you get the most out of your setup regardless of you go with the MRX or the X47R.

Buena suerte!

Making 280hp might be a little out of reach given 91 octane gasoline and the altitude above sea level in Cali. However, you will see a nice improvement in the high-RPM power.

I'd be pretty confident that Stratified can help you get the most out of your setup regardless of you go with the MRX or the X47R.

Buena suerte![/QUOTE thanks friend

This turbo has been at the top of my list.

I’ve got the money now, but I don’t have the will to install

or do I?

Decisions

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This turbo has been at the top of my list.

I’ve got the money now, but I don’t have the will to install

or do I?

Decisions
It's not Hard....there are alot of step by step instructions...just make sure you have all of the parts that you could need....just so you don't have to play emergency parts runner on the weekend ....instead being prepared and combat it as it comes up and having all the parts there at that moment!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I have only done one turbo in my life on my 95 GSX way back in the day (99ish)

My main concern with the swap is the firewall I’ve seen the videos read the write ups and some make it seem a lot harder than others.

And now would be the perfect time to do it as the little lady just had knee surgery so I can shut my car down until March if needed.

But I have lost the patience for taking on a task like that for my car but sitting here in the surgeons waiting room I am leaning towards placing the order.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I can verify that the GFB DV+ on an X47 makes zero noise above stock, just like their website says.

Can anyone give an update on the MRX with upgraded wastegate? I've been following this thread, there's just so little data. One independent dyno that I can find that has numbers way above Mountune's numbers which is very odd. All the talk of the new wastegate, then it's cancelled, then suddenly it's shipping here and there, it's been months, no updates, numbers, nothing.

Anyone?

I'm a huge fan of Mountune. Although I chose a different option because I wanted earlier spool, I am excited for friends here with the MRX and the new wastegate, and look forward to the results...but this thread seems to have stalled.

Anyone?
So the upgraded wastegate is going on right now, but I probably wont have it all bolted up until next week. I just took it to the track with the original wastegate last weekend though and was consistently hitting 108-110 mph on the straights where I was only getting about 98-100 mph with the stock turbo. So the difference is absolutely noticeable. Once I get the new wastegate on Ill be back to tuning with Randy, and once that is complete Ill throw it back on the dyno and get some new numbers!
One more try........

Erh.............

Guys it's been months and we have a whole one additional dyno.....what happened to the several members who were putting on the upgraded wastegate? Anything to report? Any impressions? Any dyno numbers?

...anything?

Feels like this thread blasted off real fast and then completely ran out of fuel.....

I was going to get the upgraded wastegate but with the exchange rate and shipping and the cost of a retune I couldn't justify it right now. Plus it's -25.6 f outside so can't really do anything with tuning. I don't really wanna take everything apart again either lol

Ordered Monday.

Used their holiday discount code.

Got the turbo and upgraded wastegate for
$10 cheaper than std pricing.

And to top it all off it arrived here at work today!

Very pleased. Too bad I won’t be installing until may....

It's not Hard....there are alot of step by step instructions...just make sure you have all of the parts that you could need....just so you don't have to play emergency parts runner on the weekend ....instead being prepared and combat it as it comes up and having all the parts there at that moment!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
To that effect I was hoping that all of you guys that already have MRX kits could help me out. I am currently amassing all of the parts that I will need to do a MRX upgrade. I’m trying to have everything ready to take the car from basically stock and do all my upgrades at once. So far I have:
Thermal R&D exhaust
Whoosh catless dp
Whoosh intercooler
COBB AP
One step colder plugs gapped .27
Velossa Tech Big Mouth
Whoosh induction hose
Whoosh boost hoses
Is there anything critical that I’m missing? Also does anyone have links to the step by step install walkthroughs for the MRX? The ST is my first turbo project car so I’m a little sketchy on doing the swap but I’m alright turning a wrench so I’m hoping I can handle it.