Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

What "reasons " are you running the CP-e?
best stock fitment ic avail
What he said. It's the biggest intercooler available for the USDM FiST that doesn't require modification of the crash bar. Some trimming of the lower grille was required for me.

Although, I was going to upgrade to the big DHM race intercooler and tubular crash bar if they hadn't gone down the tubes like that. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a suitable alternative in the next year.

Youtube Video

Damn, i just want 1 YouTube video of this turbo in action. Maybe even a real dyno sheet too (not mountunes), if all stars align! Please make it happen you awesome guys!
Ask and you shall receive :)

This is just a quick video I took earlier, shows 40-100, starting in third, and grabbing forth at the top of the band.

https://youtu.be/4lD9rXjJaW0

Man thank you so much, you're awesome! She pulls good! I just ordered mine this morning, can't wait! [woot]
No problem! :) You'll enjoy it! Again, mine is probably the most middle of the road and realistic it's going to get - I'm on a catted DP nonetheless (high flow, Cobb Turboback,) and honestly, the upgrade doesn't disappoint. It's not as fast as the DHM kits, but still a ton of fun.

No problem! :) You'll enjoy it! Again, mine is probably the most middle of the road and realistic it's going to get - I'm on a catted DP nonetheless (high flow, Cobb Turboback,) and honestly, the upgrade doesn't disappoint. It's not as fast as the DHM kits, but still a ton of fun.
I'm going the same route too with the catted DP. Glad to know I can expect somewhere around that after all is said and done. Quick 2 questions, what octane are you on and did you have any issues fitting the injen intake?

Man thank you so much, you're awesome! She pulls good! I just ordered mine this morning, can't wait! [woot]
I'm going the same route too with the catted DP. Glad to know I can expect somewhere around that after all is said and done. Quick 2 questions, what octane are you on and did you have any issues fitting the injen intake?
I'm on 93 octane. The only issue I have with the Injen intake fitment wise is that it moves just enough when the engine moves to hit my wiper cowl due to how tall it is. Also, since my car is a 2016 I had to get a 2016 intake adapter and essentially retrofit the kit to the car. Other than that, it sounds great! The rattling sound of it hitting the wiper cowl occasionally is a bit annoying, though, but that's my fault for buying an intake not specifically designed for my car. :p

I'm on 93 octane. The only issue I have with the Injen intake fitment wise is that it moves just enough when the engine moves to hit my wiper cowl due to how tall it is. Also, since my car is a 2016 I had to get a 2016 intake adapter and essentially retrofit the kit to the car. Other than that, it sounds great! The rattling sound of it hitting the wiper cowl occasionally is a bit annoying, though, but that's my fault for buying an intake not specifically designed for my car. :p
Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll be on 93 with my injen intake too. If it's is too tall ill i guess I'll just cut off a tiny bit and roll a new lip on it. If I have to chop it, ill take measurements for anybody needing to do the same to make it fit as close as stock as possible.

antarctica24

Does anyone know if I can use this turbo kit with my CPE 3" intake???
Is this the only intake made by cpe for the fiesta? I didn't know it was 3" is the cooling section bigger than most of the other fmic's?

Eglove was having a problem not making enough power and I clearly thought that was not the problem, but if this intercooler is that much bigger it may be a problem. It's a physics thing. You have x amount of air your moving trying to get to the engine. In this case larger is not always better. If your tying to fill a medium size box versus an extra large box if could be causing a pressure drop because the air fills up the fmic and as pressure builds it moves the air into the engine. It is possible to have an intercooler that is too large for the turbo.

I wanted to compare egloves logs to mine first just to make Jude it wasn't something else. If it is the fmic you either need a larger turbo or a more normal size fmic.

Based

It's the one with the box that has the plexiglass over the filter. I am about to buy an mrx I just need to know if it'll work or not

And it's the intake not the intercooler :p

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Is this the only intake made by cpe for the fiesta? I didn't know it was 3" is the cooling section bigger than most of the other fmic's?
I think you are putting the intake and fmic together erroneously. The intake includes a hard 3" pipe to the turbo inlet. It will definitely require a adapter to connect to the Mountune turbo, but the question is if it will even meet up with the turbo at all without requiring some cutting of the pipe. I have asked Mountune and Dan stated "It appears to me that the airbox portion will work but I'm unsure of the rest of the parts in that kit." in an email. I am not willing to risk purchasing the kit from mountune without a better idea to the risks involved fitment wise.

CPE's intercooler should work just fine with this turbo though =)

I'm probably missing something but the CP-E intake was designed to work with the OEM turbo which means it's fitment is the same as the stock intake. So as long as the MRX was designed to work with the stock intake you should be good to go....

antarctica24

I think you are putting the intake and fmic together erroneously. The intake includes a hard 3" pipe to the turbo inlet. It will definitely require a adapter to connect to the Mountune turbo, but the question is if it will even meet up with the turbo at all without requiring some cutting of the pipe. I have asked Mountune and Dan stated "It appears to me that the airbox portion will work but I'm unsure of the rest of the parts in that kit." in an email. I am not willing to risk purchasing the kit from mountune without a better idea to the risks involved fitment wise.

CPE's intercooler should work just fine with this turbo though =)
So I have the cpe intake and the mrx turbo. I did not have to cut anything but I did have to add a coupler to attach the pipe to the turbo about 5" long and I had to cut two metal pipes about 3" to couple the 90 degree elbow to my coupler and then another piece to connect coupler to cpe pipe. I did not cut the cpe pipe

Does that help?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

Eglove was having a problem not making enough power and I clearly thought that was not the problem, but if this intercooler is that much bigger it may be a problem. It's a physics thing. You have x amount of air your moving trying to get to the engine. In this case larger is not always better. If your tying to fill a medium size box versus an extra large box if could be causing a pressure drop because the air fills up the fmic and as pressure builds it moves the air into the engine. It is possible to have an intercooler that is too large for the turbo.

I wanted to compare egloves logs to mine first just to make Jude it wasn't something else. If it is the fmic you either need a larger turbo or a more normal size fmic.
Man im sorry but where the hell do you come up with this shit?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
So I have the cpe intake and the mrx turbo. I did not have to cut anything but I did have to add a coupler to attach the pipe to the turbo about 5" long and I had to cut two metal pipes about 3" to couple the 90 degree elbow to my coupler and then another piece to connect coupler to cpe pipe. I did not cut the cpe pipe

Does that help?
It helps in that I now know its possible, and that I will have you manufacture the adapter if I ever bite the bullet on buying one =)

Based

Does that help?
i am a noob. Can you explain a little better? I don't even really know what everything looks like by the turbo so I'm having trouble following you.

antarctica24

i am a noob. Can you explain a little better? I don't even really know what everything looks like by the turbo so I'm having trouble following you.
Ok the cpe intake comes around between the engine cover and cowl. When it turns down towards the turbo normally there's a 90 degree coupler that attaches to the turbo and points up to connect to the intake. Then you install the mrx it does align perfectly and sits in a different location than the stock turbo so if your not using a stock intake you have to adjust.

With the cpe intake the tube that connects to the 90 degree elbow is short of where it needs to be.

So you have to connect them by making something.

What I did was went to napa, go a 3" truck radiator hose. Really nice and cheap. Then I had him cut at napa one metal pipes about 4 inches long that would fit inside the 3" radiator hose so I would have something to clamp to. Then I clamped down the metal tube I just cut then inserted into 90 degree elbow that was attached to the turbo.

The I inserted the cpe tube into the 3" truck radiator hose and clamped it down
The end of the cpe tune has a bend in it. Just leave it and rub a fingers worth of petroleum jelly on the lip of the tube and it it will go right in and clamp it down.

Does that help

Based

Ok the cpe intake comes around between the engine cover and cowl. When it turns down towards the turbo normally there's a 90 degree coupler that attaches to the turbo and points up to connect to the intake. Then you install the mrx it does align perfectly and sits in a different location than the stock turbo so if your not using a stock intake you have to adjust.

With the cpe intake the tube that connects to the 90 degree elbow is short of where it needs to be.

So you have to connect them by making something.

What I did was went to napa, go a 3" truck radiator hose. Really nice and cheap. Then I had him cut at napa one metal pipes about 4 inches long that would fit inside the 3" radiator hose so I would have something to clamp to. Then I clamped down the metal tube I just cut then inserted into 90 degree elbow that was attached to the turbo.

The I inserted the cpe tube into the 3" truck radiator hose and clamped it down
The end of the cpe tune has a bend in it. Just leave it and rub a fingers worth of petroleum jelly on the lip of the tube and it it will go right in and clamp it down.

Does that help
Yeah it helps thank you! I am pretty sure I understand now lol. I'm just going to bring everything to a shop and let them do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk