Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Should be about a pound or 2 over your wastegate spring 15 or 16 pounds? I think there is a 14 pound spring in the wastegate. Probably wrong though 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #362
I get 11 pounds on zero'd WG slot 1.
It's not meant to be fast lol

My point is, why have your car tuned more aggressively when you're going to be putting on miles of "normal" driving than it is for a situation where you're actually going to be tapping into your greater than stock performance for nearly the entire time. But I'm sure you knew that.

It's basically completely backwards from any "track mode" type option on any car currently out there. I also wouldn't want a street tune that was so aggressive that I was concerned about engine longevity at the track. But maybe that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Very valid point haha. I never thought about it that way, but youre absolutely right. Especially with this turbo set up being a little more high endy youre really not going to use that much day-today. I guess my thought process is that some of these companies probably set up for max power knowing that their clientele will only use it for an occasional drag race. I want them to know its predominantly for track use, and to tune it appropriately if they are not already.

Finally finished tuning with randy, he truly is a perfectionist. Waiting for permission to put the numbers up from my dyno runs(Not vdyno)... they're really impressive, more than I thought I would get from the mrx.
Enough delays man! :)

Finally finished tuning with randy, he truly is a perfectionist. Waiting for permission to put the numbers up from my dyno runs(Not vdyno)... they're really impressive, more than I thought I would get from the mrx.
we're all waiting on this one

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
My initial tune will be on 93 progressing to 100 octane for the fun nights lol. Eventually going to aux when stratified releases the port kit.

GAbOS

I keep lurking in these turbo threads but never chat much. My car has the same crutch as the rest of the cars at 4700ft above sea level as the rest, and a slight advantage over all the NA's but I still want more. Obviously ;>

I don't want to manage extra fuel, I would prefer to keep my exhaust as quiet as possible (is only a down-pipe required for a hybrid?), and retain the same usability. It's my daily fun car, period. If it ever goes to track, it will be auto-x and once a year tops.

Back on topic regarding the MRX, it appears to lose some of the low end boost stockers are used to but not nearly as much as non-hybrids. If any of you recent experience, or even future planned experience.. please chime in and let us know your thoughts on the low end of the driving range as well.

Being able to hold 6th on some of the wicked grades we have out here is nice when just cruising.

GAbOS

This setup is very well-mannered at low rpm. Just don't go WOT under 2500 rpm or so above 3rd gear. The 0 watergate calibration might be perfectly fine around town. I'm going to monitor mpg, driving behavior, etc. for the Slot 1 snd 2 configs around town.

Zero interest in 0 Waste gate usage to be honest.

BTW.. I can drive a car. Stick to my questions.