Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

antarctica24

Just meant to show that the WG between the 54 and 60's are probably cross compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I spoke to Mountune today about the WG upgrade. It is going to be a $90.00 upgrade part, it will be available in about 2 weeks. I think what needs to be understood here is this wastegate will allow you to take this turbo to the max. I think the unspoken piece here is anytime you take anything to the max, you have risk. They were guessing but were thinking about a 20-30hp gain between 5K and 7K. That does not seem to be worth the effort or risk it could bring. The turbo is functioning as designed with the WG that is installed, and does so better than advertised. If you wanted more power you should have opened your wallet and bought a bigger turbo. Mountune, has a reputation of building quality products that work and for the most part allow people to continue to keep their factory warranty. There is not another player anywhere in the world that can say that including your beloved Adam, not to mention the experience Mountune has over Adam. With that said, If you want more power, I am certain Adam has a solution for you.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #722
So I spoke to Mountune today about the WG upgrade. It is going to be a $90.00 upgrade part, it will be available in about 2 weeks. I think what needs to be understood here is this wastegate will allow you to take this turbo to the max. I think the unspoken piece here is anytime you take anything to the max, you have risk. They were guessing but were thinking about a 20-30hp gain between 5K and 7K. That does not seem to be worth the effort or risk it could bring. The turbo is functioning as designed with the WG that is installed, and does so better than advertised. If you wanted more power you should have opened your wallet and bought a bigger turbo. Mountune, has a reputation of building quality products that work and for the most part allow people to continue to keep their factory warranty. There is not another player anywhere in the world that can say that including your beloved Adam, not to mention the experience Mountune has over Adam. With that said, If you want more power, I am certain Adam has a solution for you.
Wtf are you on about? I don't even use Adam for tuning. And haven't in over a year.
Randy does all my tuning for this turbo.

Second, what risk is being taken with allowing this turbo to hold boost better with the new WG? The CHRA is nowhere near mechanical limits in this turbo.
Literally no risk is being added. The turbo is well within mechanical limits from Garrett and my motor is way below mechanical limits.
Soooo?

Third, I was one of the first to run this turbo, i literally haven't complained ONCE. I've even said several times, this WG isn't a "problem" at all. It's just that some that are running this turbo want more power.
I'm perfectly happy with what I'm making.

You seem confused..

The only reason I even mentioned Adam to you in the first place is because you refused to believe the Mountune calibrator that said the WG would help top end boost. So I figured you were a different tuner fanboy[emoji23]

20-30hp gains? Seems weird when the limiting factor of the fiesta st is the fueling system. Im getting 300hp on pump with the regular actuator and im running out of fuel on top.. So This 20-30hp gain is assuming your using some sort of aux fuel or meth?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
20-30hp gains? Seems weird when the limiting factor of the fiesta st is the fueling system. Im getting 300hp on pump with the regular actuator and im running out of fuel on top.. So This 20-30hp gain is assuming your using some sort of aux fuel or meth?
Or E-30 or whatever ethanol blend you use. Some use E-40 or E-50.

330hp seems like a riot in a Fiesta ST. Not to mention, I bet with this setup it would be reliable both on the engine/drivetrain and the turbo itself for a long time coming. And you never know, a GTX25 from Garrett is past due since their small turbo portfolio is getting long in the tooth and they have been discontinuing some of them. So maybe at some point for the people who want more power may have access to a Garrett supercore that will swap right in! Cough cough SEMA time frame.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first with the GTX 2554r wish....but then again you never know what we can get just like a box of chocolates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first with the GTX 2554r wish....but then again you never know what we can get just like a box of chocolates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Oh that box of chocolate is coming! It is just when and what it consists of is the question!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #733
If randy knew....Mountune knew.
The thing is, there's nothing to know...
The turbo kit provides the power it advertises.
So it's not like they put out a product that underperforms.
It does what it advertises and MORE.

So really there was nothing to "know"

All we know now is the turbo can make even more bang for its buck with a more expensive WG.

Wow, a stiffer wg actuator spring increases boost pressure. Who'd have thunk it. [emoji39] Think I'll buy one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #736
Wow, a stiffer wg actuator spring increases boost pressure. Who'd have thunk it. [emoji39] Think I'll buy one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Exactly, like, we all knew the WG was 11 psi.
That's what it runs when zero'd out....
So there wasn't really any hiding.
Just don't think anyone knew we'd get north of 300 on pump with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk