Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

I believe the graph Hijinx posted was from his car with a gtx2867. If you go a few pages back there is dyno results and maybe start around page 19 of this thread and move forward
Should be results there as well. You could also join the FiSTs of Fury group on Facebook if you have an account. Results have been posted there too.

Thanks much, just curious if those posts from 19-20 are with cats or not. 252ish at higher elevation is great if that is catted.

JerBear1

dyno.jpg

Hey everyone I have spent so much time trolling this forum I decided it was finally time to contribute. This is a dyno for my MRX.

Here are the details:
Full bolt ons
Mountune CATTED downpipe
Original MRX wastegate (11psi spring)
E30 tune

Also, this was done on Snail Performance's dyno, which is quite possibly one of the lowest reading dynos in the world (maybe not really but it definitely reads low). If you google "Focus RS Snail Performance" you can see in the article that a stock Focus RS made only 282 front wheel hp on this exact same dyno, so I am pretty content with these results.

Also, this tune is very conservative. I have yet to see a single negative correction and I am constantly getting +6 corrections in any gear at any RPM (I am no idiot though I do not bog the car down in higher gears).

View attachment 15981

Hey everyone I have spent so much time trolling this forum I decided it was finally time to contribute. This is a dyno for my MRX.

Here are the details:
Full bolt ons
Mountune CATTED downpipe
Original MRX wastegate (11psi spring)
E30 tune

Also, this was done on Snail Performance's dyno, which is quite possibly one of the lowest reading dynos in the world (maybe not really but it definitely reads low). If you google "Focus RS Snail Performance" you can see in the article that a stock Focus RS made only 282 front wheel hp on this exact same dyno, so I am pretty content with these results.

Also, this tune is very conservative. I have yet to see a single negative correction and I am constantly getting +6 corrections in any gear at any RPM (I am no idiot though I do not bog the car down in higher gears).

Those are fantastic numbers! Thank you very much for sharing. How are you monitoring your E30 mix (manually or electronic gauge?). Also curious what the AFR looks like if you happen to have a log of that.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I wouldnt call 261hp fantastic on E30. Even if it reads low.
I'm not here to argue but that's easily over 300whp on a happy dyno for those that like to see high numbers
He said the tune isn't tweaked out to pull every HP possible so with that in mind I'd say not too shabby for stang dyno cred

DaveG99

I'm not here to argue but that's easily over 300whp on a happy dyno for those that like to see high numbers
He said the tune isn't tweaked out to pull every HP possible so with that in mind I'd say not too shabby for stang dyno cred
I didn't think it would be that much different just because of the type of dyno.

JerBear1

Those are fantastic numbers! Thank you very much for sharing. How are you monitoring your E30 mix (manually or electronic gauge?). Also curious what the AFR looks like if you happen to have a log of that.
As far as monitoring E30, I just do the math every time I fill. I try to run almost empty every time too so if I am a little bit off one time it won't carry over into the next tank.

As for AFR, I don't have a log of it right now but I have watched it. I think at WOT it likes to sit around 11.8 if I recall, but I'd have to check to be sure.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I didn't think it would be that much different just because of the type of dyno.
Mustang dyno = heartbraker, best for actual tuning
Dynojet = horray!!! look at those numbers!!!!!!

lol

I'm no tuner just going off what I've been told over the years with a side order of jokes in there...

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I can't keep reading these sorts of comments without simply saying, have some class and stop the self-aggrandizing, 'I know it all and you're all idiots' talk. The reason you aren't involved here is plain, you changed your signature and quit posting months ago and it's not hard to understand why. Rather than continue to treat this community this way, consider some self-awareness. 'I'm the best, prove me wrong, you're all idiots.' It gets old. Is your car still even running?

For the record, I don't know much about cars, I've made wrong decisions, I know it. I built my car in my garage, I'm an average mechanic, no more. I figure things out, sometimes I'm wrong, but that doesn't make me or any of us bad people worthy of being constantly put down. We're humans, we make mistakes, we're learning as we go.

Without pandering to you as so many others do, I do have respect for your build and recognize that you've added alot to this online forum, and my car is better for it.

Now, back to the MRX. I'm waiting to see some real dyno, not Vdyno, graphs with the new wastegate..............!!
Fuckin eh🤙🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you really need a 300 high horsepower rating engine to enjoy this car to the way it was meant to be?

I'm willing to argue it's all about the tires that you're currently running

So the upgraded wastegate is going on right now, but I probably wont have it all bolted up until next week. I just took it to the track with the original wastegate last weekend though and was consistently hitting 108-110 mph on the straights where I was only getting about 98-100 mph with the stock turbo. So the difference is absolutely noticeable. Once I get the new wastegate on Ill be back to tuning with Randy, and once that is complete Ill throw it back on the dyno and get some new numbers!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you really need a 300 high horsepower rating engine to enjoy this car to the way it was meant to be?

I'm willing to argue it's all about the tires that you're currently running
This is something very similar to what I have been saying....tires are a good point.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

What do you advise me

hello friends I am thinking about updating my turbo but I have no experience on this subject, since it is my first turbocharged car and it came only 3 months ago to my country I am in doubt of which is my best option if the mrx or the x47r. I have read that the mrx is more reliable and that for me is important, I repeat I have no experience in this nor am I an expert mechanic of cars only with basic knowledge since I intend to do the installation at home
In my country gasoline only reaches 91 octane so I would not know what would be the best power I could get, I currently have installed in my car (ap, intercooler depo, full exhaust mount 2.5 "(catback-midpipe) and a melody of stratified ...... I would like to obtain with this update more final power without sacrificing the initial .. come to 280 reais if possible (sorry friends do not speak English is my translator google) ..... I thank you for your opinions and tips